NFL 2022 Thread 3: Is Captain Kirk... good?!!?

Rhom

26 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

You two good setting four first round picks on fire?

Good?  That money is spent.  Doesn’t matter.

The only way to make the situation worse is to double down on it if you have something special in place.  Which is yet to be determined…. But looks possible.

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

It was three and the one you used... 

And I was gung-ho about this? When?

No.  It was three total.  What about this don't you understand?  It was the Niners' 2021, 2022, and 2023 first round picks to move up in 2021.  They also traded a 2022 3rd round comp pick that turned into Channing Tindall.

You were much more for the trade when it happened than I was.  I didn't like giving up the 2023 first rounder.

Just now, DMC said:

No.  It was three total.  What about this don't you understand?  It was the Niners' 2021, 2022, and 2023 first round picks to move up in 2021.  They also traded a 2022 3rd round comp pick that turned into Channing Tindall.

You were much more for the trade when it happened than I was.  I didn't like giving up the 2023 first rounder.

I'm hip to this weird disparity. 

Maybe it's 'cause I'm a drunk psychopath who butchers hitch hikers -but only if they drink milk out of the carton- ( < that was a silly nothing joke by way of a casual reference to a line of dialogue from the character Simmons, from the RoosterTeeth production Red vs Blue, circa Season 4 (I think(?), maaybe season 5[?], yo that was like fuckin fifteen or seventeen frickin' years ago) and not an admission or advocation of violence against transient persons or individuals or animals of any type) but I, like don't get it 

It's like this: 

So if I'm at 3 and I wanna go up to 1 

I trade #3

A future 1

Another future 1 

(whatever other irrelevant change)

And in return I get...

-Player-

That's 3 picks for 1 player

That's how math works right? 

I'm not being snarky. I had a relatively good education by American Standards, but the "American Standards" part of this sentence betrays the falseness of its entirety. 

3 minutes ago, BBB Jacelyn said:

That's how math works right? 

Well that was..an odd way of putting it (albeit perhaps only a 6 on the Jace scale), but yes.  You can't count the 2021 pick they traded to move up AND the 2021 pick they used to draft Lance.  That doesn't make any sense.

Archived