NFL 2022 Thread 3: Is Captain Kirk... good?!!?

Rhom

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

I didn’t realize CMC’s pass was in that air that far.

Nor did I, but that's your team's issue. You need someone who can drive the ball down the field and that's why Lance is so enticing. He can open up the middle of the field and the run game, plus he's a threat in the latter. Sucks he's just not had a fair chance to prove himself, but I get why they wanted him. It's just the trade you have to question considering how Fields fell (and he did me no favors in three semi games yesterday)...

2 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Now that the Rams have been eliminated they decide they might try their hands at being competitive.

51 pts and 0 punts for the day and having no issue playing Donald-less.

They couldve used that play before the season was 3/4 shot unfortunately.

Too bad they can’t play the Broncos 16 times…

How is it that Josh McDaniels has been hired twice to head coaching jobs in the NFL?

So far, his CV includes:

• Losing record as a head coach in Denver, benched Pro Bowl receiver for innocuous violation of team rules, plus bonus recreation of New England-style cheating by videotaping opponents' practices.
  • Losing record as head coach in Las Vegas, chases off franchise quarterback who signed $121 million contract at the beginning of his tenure.
  • Winning percentage as a head coach:
    • Healthy .400, almost within shouting distance of a sniff of the idea of winning half his games.
    • Worse than the God-Emperor of Mediocrity Jeff Fisher

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

How is it that Josh McDaniels has been hired twice to head coaching jobs in the NFL?

So far, his CV includes:

• Losing record as a head coach in Denver, benched Pro Bowl receiver for innocuous violation of team rules, plus bonus recreation of New England-style cheating by videotaping opponents' practices.
  • Losing record as head coach in Las Vegas, chases off franchise quarterback who signed $121 million contract at the beginning of his tenure.
  • Winning percentage as a head coach:
    • Healthy .400, almost within shouting distance of a sniff of the idea of winning half his games.
    • Worse than the God-Emperor of Mediocrity Jeff Fisher

Benching Carr is disrespectful. Yes they'd be on the hook for something like $40M if he suffered a catastrophic injury, but let him leave with some grace. 

9 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Lol. I still have to ask, if he never technically gets traded, does she keep making these? Gotta imagine Rita's made some decent money off of them.

On 12/25/2022 at 4:05 PM, Nictarion said:

Rough December for Tua. 

He definitely looked qualitatively different in the 4th quarter compared to passes he made in the first half. 

Concussion would explain that.   What was he 1 for 5 for 3 yds and 3 ints on his last five attempts?  Compared to nailing Hill for 45 or so air yards with coverage in the first half.  Waddle's TD was 80%+ Waddle but Tua was accurate there too.

I thought he might have been hurt against SF and LAC.  With a non head injury but undisclosed.  Something affecting mechanics.  Just wasn't as sharp as he had been.

2nd half green bay wasn't just mechanics.  Three balls that missed the target by 5 yards plus from a guy who is supposed to have accuracy as his strength.

I really hope they beat NE and Mac Jones's cheap shots.

12 hours ago, mcbigski said:

I thought he might have been hurt against SF and LAC.  With a non head injury but undisclosed.  Something affecting mechanics.

Yeah he had an acute infection of the Niners defense.

Archived