NFL 2022 Thread 3: Is Captain Kirk... good?!!?

Rhom

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

The Mac Jones shit was just playful banter, but I didn't understand passing on Fields for a similar guy who was less proven. It's not fair to Lance because he's never had a real chance to shine, but sometimes we overthink this stuff.

I mean yeah, like I said at the time I was just relieved they didn't take Jones and thought ShanaLynch earned the right to choose between Fields and Lance even though I preferred the former (and significantly so). 

Just was talking to my brother about this, and apparently he's heard (well, read) speculation that it was McDaniel that wanted Lance and thus ShanaLynch deferred to him.  I really don't buy that, but if it's true, that really sucks.

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

Has any division ever went all the way to the end of the season as close as dolphins, bills, patriots, jets are now? 

NFC East isn't that far off right now. And without going through the years it does happen, sometimes because everyone in a division is just so bad. The NFC West is a good example where the defending Champs are the dog.

@Tywin et al. You'll be happy to know that I had a new patient come in today and he was decked out in Vikings gear.  Hat.  TShirt.  Shorts.  (Its cold here... so I can tell he's obviously from Ooop North.)  Told him he was a real fan if he can wear the gear the day after a beating like that.

8 minutes ago, Rhom said:

@Tywin et al. You'll be happy to know that I had a new patient come in today and he was decked out in Vikings gear.  Hat.  TShirt.  Shorts.  (Its cold here... so I can tell he's obviously from Ooop North.)  Told him he was a real fan if he can wear the gear the day after a beating like that.

I'd be embarrassed wearing that to a game. For a Monday chiropractic appointment, yikes. 

9 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Rookie Wan’Dale Robinson tore his ACL during his first 100 yard receiving game. Giants lose yet another WR. He was really starting to find his groove in the offense and this happens. It should be a massacre on Thursday. 

Also, fuck the turf.

Wan'Dale's a great kid.  I have a friend who knew him when he was in high school in Frankfort.  Always had great things to say about him.  Hated to lose him to Nebraska at first and was thrilled when he came back to UK.  Hope he can make a complete recovery.

43 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Turf is foolish, always has been.

What I've never understood is the glorified ground up tire painted green. Only played on it once, but it was hell and it felt like a third of our team went down on it. 

Astroturf and all its descendants are a tool of the devil.

Reference/source:  Once slid into a tackle on artificial turf that flensed the skin off my right leg from behind the knee to above the buttock.  That open wound wept and seeped for over a month, incredibly nasty and intensely painful, and wearing pants and trousers was an ordeal the whole time.

Sure is nice to have a comfortable win for a change!  Team is starting to round into form as we cross mid season.  Excited to see what kind of momentum they can build in the second half.

Archived