US politics - have you no sense of decency, sir?

IheartIheartTesla

19 minutes ago, DMC said:

'm just saying the worst the Ethics Committee can do is recommend she gets kicked out of the House, which is already gonna happe

True, that.  Still the Maloney outrage at being left out of the comped Gala tix makes me think of this, which is this week's drizzle in the teapot -- yet other Bold Name knickers are wodged, this time the blob media WH press corpse's -- coz Vogue got an exclusive, and they didn't get an invite to the wedding of a relative of the POTUS.  Which, you know such right is written in the Constitution, and there never has been a violation of transparency and rights hardly in the history of the United States.  They didn't get all that wedding reception free shrimp and champagne, while Biden's granddaughter and her fiance stayed for a few week in the WH, without PAYING, while waiting for their place to be ready.  Never ever such corruption!

Gads, I hate the media.

Anyhoo -- I guess this is how our First Lady wanted to appear on the cover of Vogue - in role of grandmother of a bride.

https://www.vogue.com/article/naomi-biden-white-house-wedding-first-lady

The WH press corpse (about which it has been said, "couldn't cover a fire") is outraged.  OUTRAGED!

Of course it's a Brit paper that gets all the details about the WH corpses and their outrage and what they don't get it. :bowdown:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11459897/WaPo-reporter-slams-White-House-LYING-Naomi-Bidens-wedding.html

Thanx, you silly 'reporters', for providing comic relief to the dire gloom of democracy's end.  :rofl:

Not the least, that po' face, two face, Maggie Haberman, throwing in her self-righteous crypto value about 'lying' and 'liars.'

22 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Seems pretty straight forward in most places: buy gun; learn how to use gun; keep gun on one's person when out and about and when at home; obtain concealed carry permit as needed but don't let them know you are queer and that the threat to yourself as a queer person is the reason you need a concealed carry permit (not sure if "because I'm an American damn it!" is sufficient reason, but it's worth a try).

Also, try to coordinate plans with members of the community and allies in case something unfortunate happens where the local authorities can’t be relied upon.

28 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Also, try to coordinate plans with members of the community and allies in case something unfortunate happens where the local authorities can’t be relied upon.

The problem with being armed if you're not white is unfortunately that you are so much more likely to be killed even when following all laws (see Philando Castile).  Not telling anyone what to do and I fully support nonwhite people and women arming themselves, but man what an awful decision to have to make; give yourself some security against very real violent threats that you are more likely to face because of who you are, all the while knowing that it also statistically increases the chances of you or someone in your life being involved in a shooting.  This country is so fucked up.

32 minutes ago, Zorral said:

You all have heard by now that Palin was defeated lik55 to 45 by Peltola.

Time to see how many other outstanding House Seats the D's pick up...

...and how many R vacancies materialize over the next year. (We did go into this election with THREE vacant House seats, all (?) of them R. 

9 hours ago, ThinkerX said:

Time to see how many other outstanding House Seats the D's pick up...

...and how many R vacancies materialize over the next year. (We did go into this election with THREE vacant House seats, all (?) of them R. 

Seems like none of them. I really thought Democrats would pick up CA-13 (this is different from the old, safe CA-13, aka Barbara Lee's district) but it looks like Gray has lost it by 560ish votes. Final House tally appears to be a 222-213 R majority. Which is slim, but not unprecedented; in fact it's the mirror image of the majority Democrats won in 2020. 

9 minutes ago, Fez said:

Seems like none of them. I really thought Democrats would pick up CA-13 (this is different from the old, safe CA-13, aka Barbara Lee's district) but it looks like Gray has lost it by 560ish votes. Final House tally appears to be a 222-213 R majority. Which is slim, but not unprecedented; in fact it's the mirror image of the majority Democrats won in 2020. 

Even with a slim majority, don't bet on the Republicans to have their act together. They have members who can't organize a one car parade. And then there are the crazies.

15 minutes ago, Fez said:

Seems like none of them. I really thought Democrats would pick up CA-13 (this is different from the old, safe CA-13, aka Barbara Lee's district) but it looks like Gray has lost it by 560ish votes. 

To be clear this is the only outstanding race left - the final tally isn't set yet and Gray is raising money for a potential recount.  The California 3rd was called by AP Tuesday afternoon, so the House currently sits at 221-213.

On 11/23/2022 at 4:55 PM, Tywin et al. said:

But when are we going to talk about those violent, gun crazed Canadians? 

The difference is that the increase in gun related homicides in Canada recently has been driven by gang-related killings, the majority of which are committed using weapons smuggled from the USA. Domestic violence is also a big one. Mass shootings are relatively rare here.

If I had to shop at WalMart I'd start shooting too. 

If I had to work there... 

I think I'd rather be a prisoner of the Vietcong. However long it takes, I'll return from two decades of their custody much healthier than two hours of subjugation to that Superstore monument for the displacement of human ambitions.

You invariably choose violence, Jace :p

Tell me your family thanksgiving may have been soul sucking without telling me your family thanksgiving may have been soul sucking? 

Who knows, not me...(I never lost control, your face to face with the horse who sold the world).

You can decide whether you prefer the Nirvana unplugged or the David Bowie original.

Fund trivia, did you know that David Bowie shared his birthday with Elvis and a certain horse? Now it's merely a horseday.

Archived