US politics - have you no sense of decency, sir?

IheartIheartTesla

Also, a sign of the strength of the U.S. democracy, cream of the cop Samuel Alito weighs in on the Colorado graphic designer case (hey, if you're a Christian, you should have to make website templates for LGBTQ+ people, right?) by saying, "“So if there’s a Black Santa at the other end of the mall and he doesn’t want to have his picture taken with a child who’s dressed up in a Ku Klux Klan outfit, that Black Santa has to do that?” Alito asked Eric Olson, Colorado’s solicitor general, who was defending the state law at issue in the case."

This was in response to Justice Jackson's point that supporting this bullshit case would be akin to a store in the mall who took holiday pictures of families, decided to offer a "classic Christmas" package for families to take pictures with Santa Claus, and posting a sign saying, "No black families allowed" (since classic Christmas images come from the 1940s and 50s). 

Alito is a POS, of course, but also a bumbling idiot.

1 hour ago, LongRider said:

I still refuse to believe Jack Smith is a real person:

On 12/5/2022 at 12:00 PM, Fire and Jace said:

2nded for Constitutional Convention!

Leaving the Union should be on the table. Let the confederates talk themselves into ruin, reassimilate them state by state through economic subversion.

Lincoln made a crucial miscalculation when he didnt deport the entire Confederate population to Australia or at least Haiti.

I vote we dynamite his face off Rushmore!:thumbsup:

38 minutes ago, Centrist Simon Steele said:

Alito is a POS, of course, but also a bumbling idiot.

It's an amazing world where nine unelected people get to lord over our lives when they (meaning almost always the conservatives) regularly show they're complete morons about damn near everything outside of their specific field. Gorsuch is the king of this.

I was astonished to hear on the news that Trump sent out fund raising letters to the Republican mailing list in Georgia on behalf of boosting Walker. Except when you read the letters the money donated went to Trump, not Walker, and the fund raising vehicle was using the money to, among other things, pay his legal bills.

Are people really that stupid?

eta: I think that counts as a rhetorical question 

Fallen officer's family snubs McConnell and McCarthy at Jan. 6 gold medal ceremony
Officers who responded to the Capitol attack pointedly refused to shake hands with the two GOP leaders as they received top honors from Congress Tuesday.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/12/06/mcconnell-mccarthy-police-gold-medal-ceremony-00072546

Officers and the family of fallen officer Brian Sicknick shook hands with Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer as they accepted the medals, but quickly moved past the House and Senate Republican leaders — despite McConnell outstretching his hand. All senior congressional leaders were participating in the event to honor U.S. Capitol Police officers, Washington D.C. Metropolitan Police and others who responded during the riot.

32 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I was astonished to hear on the news that Trump sent out fund raising letters to the Republican mailing list in Georgia on behalf of boosting Walker. Except when you read the letters the money donated went to Trump, not Walker, and the fund raising vehicle was using the money to, among other things, pay his legal bills.

Being as the letters are sent to likely Walker supporters, yeah. 

21 hours ago, ThinkerX said:

Likewise, protestants and Catholics view each other as heretics. 

You can certainly find some far right-wingers among both Protestants and Roman Catholics who would still have this opinion, but the great majority of even fairly theologically conservative Christians in the USA would not have that belief today. 

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

This isn't anything new. Before Nov. 8 he was doing the same thing about lots of candidates, not just Walker.

55 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

So how is the Election Day turnout doing so far?

Early voting ended Friday with Warnock in a clearly leading position.  To come back, walker needed both high turnout and crushing margins.  Turnout today has been high in both Republican and Democratic counties.  High turnout is obviously good for Walker because he's behind and needs votes.  But high turnout in downtown Atlanta and other majority black areas is good for Warnock.  Overall, it's still looking good for Warnock, but there's no way to be sure what'll happen until we start getting some counties fully counted.  

My gut says it'll be Warnock by 3-4 points.

Archived