Regarding TV-show images

Potsk

1 hour ago, Ran said:

Anya Waynwood

Borja Pindado did one for FFG.

Rather prominent examples are: Rodrik Arryn, Jason Lannister, Tymond Lannister, Theomore Manderly, Aethan and Daemon Velaryon (no description, but we know what Velaryons look like in general), Vickon Greyjoy, Nymor Martell, and Alaric Stark (known characteristics and family features), Torrhen and Medrick Manderly, Thaddeus Rowan, Gargon Qoherys, Wat the Hewer, Melony Piper, Willam Stafford, Septon Mattheus. Maybe: Lucas Harroway, Edwell Celtigar and his daughters, Clarisse Dayne.

• 2 weeks later...

We've posted a couple of pieces: Alaric Stark (had no image) and Borros Baratheon (had a low-quality History and Lore image). The image details include the fact that we should always preference real-world art depictions over these AI-generated images, provided they are of suitable quality and we have permission to use them.

What do you guys think? Should we continue cracking on with these?

On 12/3/2022 at 8:16 AM, Ran said:

We've posted a couple of pieces: Alaric Stark (had no image) and Borros Baratheon (had a low-quality History and Lore image). The image details include the fact that we should always preference real-world art depictions over these AI-generated images, provided they are of suitable quality and we have permission to use them.

What do you guys think? Should we continue cracking on with these?

I like them a lot!

There might be an issue with the copyright status however. I was curious about copyright for AI-generated art and I found the Stable Diffusion Terms of Service. It says under "Copyright" that CC0 1.0 applies.

Should we update the image description to reflect this?

44 minutes ago, Abjiklam said:

I like them a lot!

There might be an issue with the copyright status however. I was curious about copyright for AI-generated art and I found the Stable Diffusion Terms of Service. It says under "Copyright" that CC0 1.0 applies.

Good point! Yes, by all means.

2 hours ago, Abjiklam said:

I like them a lot!

Actually, just to follow-up, that's the license for the use of DreamStudio and their Stable Diffusion Discord bot, Stability AI's own frontends to using Stable Diffusion. I've looked around further, and the closest I can find to a relevant license is this one. In III.6, we have

6. The Output You Generate. Except as set forth herein, Licensor claims no rights in the Output You generate using the Model. You are accountable for the Output you generate and its subsequent uses. No use of the output can contravene any provision as stated in the License.

So I think I the present license terms are okay, according to this, but perhaps we should include a link to the Stable Diffusion license as well?

1 minute ago, Ran said:

Actually, just to follow-up, that's the license for the use of DreamStudio and their Stable Diffusion Discord bot, Stability AI's own frontends to using Stable Diffusion. I've looked around further, and the closest I can find to a relevant license is this one. In III.6, we have

So I think I the present license terms are okay, according to this, but perhaps we should include a link to the Stable Diffusion license as well?

My bad, I didn't realize there is a difference.

I already edited the pages, but I've put all the license stuff related to Stable Diffusion in a template so we can easily update it everywhere all at once.

I'm not well versed in legalese so I'm not sure what to do. You want to revert back to the original copyright notice with a link to the license on GitHub?

8 minutes ago, Abjiklam said:

I'm not well versed in legalese so I'm not sure what to do. You want to revert back to the original copyright notice with a link to the license on GitHub?

I'm fine with leaving it as CC1.0 regardless, doesn't matter to us personally. But we should also make sure to reference the Stable Diffusion license as it shows we've the right to assign CC1.0 to the output.

34 minutes ago, Ran said:

I'm fine with leaving it as CC1.0 regardless, doesn't matter to us personally. But we should also make sure to reference the Stable Diffusion license as it shows we've the right to assign CC1.0 to the output.

I've put back the original license and update the link to the Stable Diffusion license.

Given all the changes you made @Abjiklam these past few weeks on the Wiki to try to reorganise everything and simplify future changes, and this recent thread about character images, I was wondering if it is possible to create a tracking category for the characters that currently don't have an image in their pages ?

If you guys are set on adding/creating new images, wouldn't a category like that be a good tool to have in the future ?

2 hours ago, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

Given all the changes you made @Abjiklam these past few weeks on the Wiki to try to reorganise everything and simplify future changes, and this recent thread about character images, I was wondering if it is possible to create a tracking category for the characters that currently don't have an image in their pages ?

If you guys are set on adding/creating new images, wouldn't a category like that be a good tool to have in the future ?

Already done!

That said, I want to focus on characters who both have no image and have at least some sort of Appearance entry, but that can be done using a Google search.

On 12/11/2022 at 1:16 PM, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

You can show the tracking categories by going in your Preferences under the "Appearance" tab and selecting "Show hidden categories".

On 12/19/2022 at 12:47 PM, The Wondering Wolf said:

@Ran We would like to use the the AI generated images on the German Ice and Fire wiki, but I am a bit confused about the terms. 

The German wiki has permission to use it. Other wikis should ask individually, though, rather than assume blanket permission.  This assumes that the terms for the German wiki allows that kind of notice of permission and doesn't just require all content to be CC.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Annara Snow said:

A question about the wiki images in general: why do so many of the Wiki entries have fanart as their main image, instead of any of the officially sanctioned illustrations (from The World of Ice and Fire, Fire & Blood, Rise of the Dragon...)?

Permissions are a bit iffy and some of the artworks are inaccurate.

On 12/31/2022 at 1:22 PM, Potsk said:

Permissions are a bit iffy and some of the artworks are inaccurate.

Are you referring to the pfficial or the unofficial art?

Some of the unifficial art used is inaccurate too. For instance, the picture of Aegon II makes him look 40.

Kind of like the official art does with Cregan Stark, but that official image is used.

Archived