Twitter Twee: all your tweets are belong to chud

JGP

1 minute ago, Kalnestk Oblast said:

Also another good story on Musk's backtracking of forming a council to oversee removal of suspensions. As usual he blames others and points to them to say how they're causing him to do these things.

The thing is having an oversight council is a good thing independent of anyone else. Having the ability to at least appear vaguely impartial is a value. Musk sees it as simply another way his views could be curtailed.

And of course he's wrong; advertisers are leaving not because of activists pressure but because of why they're putting the pressure on Twitter - because of Musk, his behaviors and his wrecking the company. 

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2022/11/musk-breaks-promise-to-form-twitter-moderation-panel-blames-activists/

Mmn hmn. I read somewhere this morning or maybe last night that twitter is currently down around 50% ad rev [low whistle] Looking likely to continue trending downward given Musk's inability to rein in his childish proclivities.

2 hours ago, Heartofice said:

So please check your own attitude before stomping all over the shop.

While you are policing others -- do try to find the time to check and acknowledge your own sources. Especially the fascist Chuck H*ywood that you foisted upon the board. Weird that you'd happen across that type of individual that retweets LibsofTikTok and pro-Trump accelerationists.

Elon Musk has Twitter and Tesla problems
Issues at Tesla are piling up while its boss is distracted by his new company.

https://www.vox.com/recode/2022/11/23/23475730/elon-musk-twitter-tesla-stock-acquisition-lawsuits

Let’s start with Musk himself. In the wake of his Twitter acquisition, some experts and analysts are concerned that Musk’s new job might be undermining his responsibilities as CEO of Tesla and contributing to its cratering stock price. Keep in mind that Musk also financed much of his Twitter acquisition deal by selling off his own Tesla stock, and also reportedly authorized more than 50 engineers from Tesla to work at Twitter when he took over last month. At the same time, Tesla is currently facing a lawsuit that alleges that Musk’s compensation package in 2018 was inappropriately influenced by the Tesla board’s personal ties to Musk. (The lawsuit also calls Musk a “part-time CEO.”) Several lawsuits have been filed against the company related to its workplace, including lawsuits alleging sexual harassment, racism, and a “toxic” workplace culture, over the past year or so.

The cars themselves are having problems, too. Build quality has been a consistent criticism of Tesla, and a reliability study published by Consumer Reports this month found that the company continues to have issues with its body hardware and steering systems, among other issues. Repairing Teslas remains a major hurdle, as a Recode investigation illuminated this past summer. The challenge is so significant that GM claimed in a recent investor presentation that its dealers had apparently repaired more than 11,000 Tesla vehicles since last year. A TikTok video documenting the build quality of one Tesla, including a wobbling front truck, picked up more than 4 million views earlier this month.

Stiffing vendors, and employees.

.... Mr. Musk, 51, has told Twitter employees that “the economic picture ahead is dire” and that bankruptcy might be in the cards for the company. ....

.... When Mr. Musk called for Twitter employees to return to the company’s San Francisco offices last week to meet with him, some workers said they were concerned about booking the travel on their personal credit cards and feared not getting reimbursed. Under Mr. Musk’s ownership, Twitter has delayed paying or has denied expense reports that were submitted for approval, four current and former employees said. ....

44 minutes ago, Week said:

While you are policing others -- do try to find the time to check and acknowledge your own sources. Especially the fascist Chuck H*ywood that you foisted upon the board. Weird that you'd happen across that type of individual that retweets LibsofTikTok and pro-Trump accelerationists.

I don't need to police my attitude concerning certain ilks. He earned that attitude continually from the gitgo by displaying from the gitgo the sort of thing you are referring to here; it is so unlikely as to be impossible that anything will occur to change that attitude. :P

38 minutes ago, Week said:

Haha, I mean what is this the third or fourth post you’ve attempted on this topic. Is this really the best you have?

What is very funny is that you do this a lot. When confronted by information you don’t like you either run away ( a lot)  or throw shade at whoever said something. I noticed none of you, or the other hall monitors on this thread had anything valid to say about his post.. just the usual ‘waaaah he likes Trump!!’. Makes it easier to ignore stuff I guess.

For your info, no I’ve got no idea who he is, I saw his post on Twitter.. things tend to trend on Twitter. That’s how it works. 

1 minute ago, Zorral said:

I don't need to police my attitude concerning certain ilks.  It has been earned continually from the gitgo; it is so unlikely as to be impossible that anything will occur to change that attitude. :P

Thanks for your help with that link btw, I accept your apology 

On 11/23/2022 at 4:55 PM, Heartofice said:

For your info, no I’ve got no idea who he is, I saw his post on Twitter.. things tend to trend on Twitter. That’s how it works. 

No accountability for a change. Also, not really how Twitter works -- so apparently you're a follower, like similar things, or follow similar people which -- quelle surprise! 

24 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

So, any comment on Elon bringing back alt right figures, while censoring leftists?

I'm sure he agrees with the former while the latter was a report pile on by Andy N*o and his ilk (who he had previously defended as a "journalist").

2 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

Elon Musk has Twitter and Tesla problems
Issues at Tesla are piling up while its boss is distracted by his new company.

https://www.vox.com/recode/2022/11/23/23475730/elon-musk-twitter-tesla-stock-acquisition-lawsuits

Honestly the best thing for Tesla is probably to have Musk less involved.  That shit about him refusing to put down the yellow paint on danger zones on the floor because it didn't look cool should have been the end of him having any input I'm the company.  Dude should just shut the fuck up, be a silent investor, and enjoy his incredible wealth quietly.  

We need a wealth cap on this planet, and it should be a few million dollars max.  There's no way anyone has ever worked hard enough to deserve more than that relative to anyone else.  

9 minutes ago, Larry of the Lake said:

We need a wealth cap on this planet, and it should be a few million dollars max.  There's no way anyone has ever worked hard enough to deserve more than that relative to anyone else.  

Lovely thought, but for a planet that can’t even tax the rich properly, a pipe dream.  :dunno:

The parallels of behaviour and attitude between Musk and Putin are quite remarkable at this stage, with the fortunate disclaimer that Musk's actions probably aren't going to kill hundreds of thousands and risk WWIII (although normalising hate speech on Twitter even more than before may well mean that the number of deaths Musk causes may not be zero).

You have a lot of egotistical massaging and agreeing that things are great ideas when they are, in fact, terrible ideas. You have them surrounded by yes-men, and the occasional outlier who does tell them their idea are terrible are almost instantly fired (or defenestrated). Then when things go tits up in precisely the way everyone outside told them they were going to go tits up, they blame everyone else and try to set up colleagues as the fall guy, whilst also making dire threats they can't really (and definitely 100% should not try to) execute. They are also isolated from taking any responsibility for their actions by having a semi-reasonable track record they can fall back on as a sign of their competence, although close analysis of that track record shows a lot of rather alarming flaws and alarm bells that should have sounded sooner.

More cuts at Twitter. No warning. With less severance than those riffed last week. Why would anybody with a choice want to work for this asshole?

The main reason would be if you want to do very little actual work and engage up productivity theatre. As was mentioned, playing online games on the job is ideal for this. It fills 16 hour time spans and gives the impression of a very serious person hard at work at the computer. 

And Musk himself said that the employees staying are the valuable ones. Musk has set these expectations with his behavior. So tweet and post things at midnight, to show you are still up hard-working. Make sure your badge shows you came in at 0400 and  left at midnight. Constantly remind people how hardcore you are, possibly get a tattoo. Remind people how you never sleep and work 120 hour weeks, a practice Musk likes to engage in.

Archived