Twitter Twee: all your tweets are belong to chud

JGP

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

If the EU blocks twitter… how big a hit is that to twitter?

My guess: by the time the EU gets around to it (or alternatively to hit Twitter with a heavy fine), there won't be a Twitter left to ban, or at least not a Twitter with any significant presence in the EU. But if it had happened last month, they would have lost a significant number of users and advertising revenue.

I know it tempting to laugh and point. Especially considering the overarching themes of his latest episode, as well as the people be is hanging with. But this isn't funny. He is in need of medical assistance. His 'people' should be ashamed of themselves. 

5 minutes ago, JGP said:

I dunno, it's kind of funny.

Lots of people struggling with mental health issues don't get hateful like this. 

My brother got sectioned a decade ago. As well as believing I was actively trying to kill him, he said all kinds of wild and crazy things. Things he would never have dreamed of saying had he not been psychotic.

You have to understand that, in his current state, he will be extremely open to suggestion. And just look at the people he is hanging out with.

Some notes:

Hitler didn't invent anything you fucking idiot. He inherited a scientific and industrial infrastructure that was built before him.

Correction: The brutal deaths of 6 million European jews, 27 million Russians, and wiping out over 10% of the populations of Poland and Greece; yeah he invented that. I don't care if we're both dog lovers. 

Why. The. Fuck. would Alex Jones play that clip over Kanye West's monologue?

35 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

My brother got sectioned a decade ago. As well as believing I was actively trying to kill him, he said all kinds of wild and crazy things. Things he would never have dreamed of saying had he not been psychotic.

You have to understand that, in his current state, he will be extremely open to suggestion. And just look at the people he is hanging out with.

Yeah, not going to argue with you after this personal touchstone.

---

They let this stand for a while but this morning was a bridge too far, I suppose. 

It will never cease to amaze me how Britney Spears was under a conservatorship for basically shaving her head and had things like who she could date and if she could have children dictated to her for 10 years -  but Kanye can do things like this and not a single bit is brought up. 

Mostly it's incredibly sad to me to see how we exploit those who are having mental health crises into entertainment. 

6 minutes ago, Kalnestk Oblast said:

Mostly it's incredibly sad to me to see how we exploit those who are having mental health crises into entertainment. 

Yeah - not only exploit but actively contribute to the cause.  The South Park Britney Spears episode was particularly prescient.

16 minutes ago, Kalnestk Oblast said:

I don't disagree with this. 

I don't recall hearing of Brit leaning into antisemitic conspiracy bs or other hateful ideologies however.   

[I know almost nothing about her whole dealio, mind]

37 minutes ago, Kalnestk Oblast said:

It will never cease to amaze me how Britney Spears was under a conservatorship for basically shaving her head and had things like who she could date and if she could have children dictated to her for 10 years -  but Kanye can do things like this and not a single bit is brought up. 

Spears' conservatorship should have never happened. Terminating it was so difficult because there weren't any real means of doing so because they are typically not terminated. They are usually reserved for elderly people suffering from dementia or that sort of thing.

There was an especially disturbing quote from a related document where one of her conservators or lawyers described it as a "unique business opportunity" or something like that. In context they were literally describing slavery.

14 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

There was an especially disturbing quote from a related document where one of her conservators or lawyers described it as a "unique business opportunity" or something like that. In context they were literally describing slavery.

That's just horrific. 

Spears' conservatorship should have never happened. Terminating it was so difficult because there weren't any real means of doing so because they are typically not terminated. They are usually reserved for elderly people suffering from dementia or that sort of thing.

Really disturbing that a judge allowed it. Kind of reminds me of the Brian Wilson thing.

Archived