Twitter Twee: all your tweets are belong to chud

JGP

3 minutes ago, Fire and Jace said:

For Kanye? Ignore him. It's fucking saaad, that he's going in with that crowd, but he hasn't done anything illegal that I'm aware of. I mean he's Kanye West, a billionaire, those people commit felonies in-between every breath. 

But as to a man may speak as he wishes? My answer is always that he may speak as he wishes.

We only have freedom of expression in Canada. What Ye has done would be considered hate speech. It's such an odd thing to witness from where I'm at I guess. Antisemitism is up across the US, across Canada, on the rise lots of places. Hate speech, vandalism, violence.  

Surgically, giving it airtime is unwise. 

I don't know how grateful as US citizen knowing that this kind of talk is ok because free speech. But you prefer the US remain ambivalent then, Jace? 

Ye is a offshoot of something else, right. 

Like, you're that free speech? For real?

6 minutes ago, JGP said:

We only have freedom of expression in Canada. What Ye has done would be considered hate speech. It's such an odd thing to witness from where I'm at I guess. Antisemitism is up across the US, across Canada, on the rise lots of places. Hate speech, vandalism, violence.  

Surgically, giving it airtime is unwise. 

I don't know how grateful as US citizen knowing that this kind of talk is ok because free speech. But you prefer the US remain ambivalent then, Jace? 

Ye is a offshoot of something else, right. 

Like, you're that free speech? For real?

The stuff I've seen y'all talking about here? Yeah. I'm that free speech. 

If you never wanna listen to his music again because he's obviously a scumbag then I say good on you. 

If you wanna cancel your deals with him I say you're responding to market trends.

If you say he should be apprehended or muzzled then you put me in the repellent position of having to defend Kanye fucking West. A man I have accused of entering into a marriage compact and fathering a child as part of a marketing pun

Donald Trump is a traitor. A self-declared enemy of American democractic traditions. He should hang from the looped end of a rope until he's dead; naymore until his remains disintigrate on the fucking wind. 

Donald Trump is an American citizen. He should never have been deprived of his access to what -you people- obviously see as a public utility (twitter). A tool of his free speech. (Twitter as a private company can enforce its own rules, but you folks reacted to Musk changing those rules as if he was changing the laws of nature so I'm treating twitter like the 'public square' [setting aside the entirely seperate issue of a private company being able to selectively deny services to public figures]). 

Donald Trump is a human being. I would fight adamantly that if you do not believe he should die for his crimes then you have no right to put him in a cage forever. 

All can be true.

15 minutes ago, Fire and Jace said:

The stuff I've seen y'all talking about here? Yeah. I'm that free speech. 

If you never wanna listen to his music again because he's obviously a scumbag then I say good on you. 

If you wanna cancel your deals with him I say you're responding to market trends.

If you say he should be apprehended or muzzled then you put me in the repellent position of having to defend Kanye fucking West. A man I have accused of entering into a marriage compact and fathering a child as part of a marketing pun

No lol

I think I'd rather not put you that position but like, argh. It fascinates me, what people write out into the world. It feels too egocentric, being hands off with speech that causes harm.

The whole, well, if you do that this you've got to be ok with blardeblar is one thing, I suppose.  

I guess all I can do is call it wrong.  

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Over the last few months I've considered opening a thread about Kanye. It looks like he just destroyed what was left of his life. There's no coming back from saying positive things about Hitler in 2022.

I dunno. 10 years, 5 years ago I would have agreed 100%. Now however there seems to be a support base for that sort of thing who are increasingly willing to be publicly associated with sympathy for Hitler and rehabilitation of his reputation as a fine upstanding Aryan dude, with the perfect skull shape. 

In terms of his traditional hip hop fanbase, yeah, I think he's toast. My son WAS certainly a big fan, now not so much.

10 minutes ago, Fire and Jace said:

Donald Trump is a traitor.

11 minutes ago, Fire and Jace said:

Donald Trump is an American citizen.

Donald Trump is a human being.

Are you trying out for masterpiece theater or something?  I don't think they exist anymore.

Who are you arguing against?  You keep on saying "you people" are doing this or that -- when no one is doing what you are saying.  You're imagining enemies worse than Bill Maher.  That means you need help.

4 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Hey remember when some posters on here kept saying it was stupid to think musk would turn Twitter into a Nazi hellscape?

What!?! I rely on you guys for this, did Kanye really tweet that?

And if that is real, wouldn't you rather know that Kanye is a fucking fuckboi nazi loving piece of shit rather than listen along in ignorance? 

Posting a bashit swastika symbol doesn't cause harm. It reveals a pathetic, enabled, exploiter for who he really is. 

I'm glad Kanye went on Alex Jones or whatever and felt empowered to show us all who he really is. And yeah, it sucks for anybody who just found out they jammed to a dude who doesn't like them, but dawg that stomach punch is the entry cost for knowing the truth: Kanye is a crazy motherfucker, he ain't no hero and you don't wanna be like him. 

The

More

You 

Know

!

13 minutes ago, Fire and Jace said:

but dawg that stomach punch is the entry cost for knowing the truth: Kanye is a crazy motherfucker, he ain't no hero and you don't wanna be like him. 

......I feel like it's the soft bigotry of low expectations to be happy you JUST arrived at this conclusion.

21 minutes ago, Fire and Jace said:

And if that is real, wouldn't you rather know that Kanye is a fucking fuckboi nazi loving piece of shit rather than listen along in ignorance? 

Posting a bashit swastika symbol doesn't cause harm. It reveals a pathetic, enabled, exploiter for who he really is. 

I'm glad Kanye went on Alex Jones or whatever and felt empowered to show us all who he really is. And yeah, it sucks for anybody who just found out they jammed to a dude who doesn't like them, but dawg that stomach punch is the entry cost for knowing the truth: Kanye is a crazy motherfucker, he ain't no hero and you don't wanna be like him. 

The

More

You 

Know

!

Nah.

I mean yes of course I'm glad to know. Where we diverge is the line of what constitutes harm. White, entitled poverty has proven dry grass to radicalization. Poverty of whatever kind, means, spirit. Mass shootings in the US are almost a daily thing. Can't even imagine where singles and doubles and triples are at. 4 for a mass shooter, y/n?

Covid, Russia, uncertain economic future, and that's just the short term. I don't know, even if it's not against the law, maybe racists should shut the fuck up right now.

Yes

Nope.

I’d rather-all  Nazis feel afraid, impotent alone, and spiritually castrated than confident enough to say what they believe.

How can they achieve the ultimate goals if they can’t eventually speak their desires?

It sure does in that it gets a lot millions of his fans—especially the young white ones—will become more sympathetic to nazism.

Ever hear the expression “no publicity is bad publicity?”

To a large extent that’s true.

No not every fan of West will become more sympathetic to nazism because of this.

But more than a handful of his millions of admirers will.

You genuinely seem to think that now universally everyone will agree he’s bad based on his messaging and that will be the end of it.

I’m sorry this is really naive.

Many a intelligent person mocked and derided the nazi party in Germany, destroying Hitler with facts and the LoGiC

A lot of those people still ended up with a bullet in the back of their head after the Nazis got power.

Archived