Twitter Twee: all your tweets are belong to chud

JGP

Interesting point they make about Musk having previously gone through a traumatic experience of being born into two ingroups which allowed which granted him immense, automatic privilege (white and rich) and the value of being one of those things evaporated overnight in his country of birth, spurring his move to a country where being white is still something of an asset. With a growing global movement to tax the rich more and reduce the advantages of being immensely wealthy (if not actually by very much), Musk fears it happening all over again and has leveraged his wealth to try to stop it happening or mitigating its impact on himself.

17 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Heres an excerpt explaining the whole stock pump angle for Musk-

Elon Musk knows what he’s doing. Here’s the real value he sees in Twitter
By using Twitter to speak directly to investors, Musk doesn’t have to rely on market analysts to drive his other companies' valuations, writes Bradley Tusk.
BY BRADLEY TUSK
November 07, 2022 6:18 AM EST

This is double edged sword. Part of Musk's appeal was that he was apolitical. He wasn't concerned with terrestrial matters because he's busy building the future. Now he's showing people who he really is. 

And, in case anyone needed reminding, He didn't buy the company because its part of some grand strategy for the salvation of humanity. He walked away from the fucking deal and the Twitter board fucking sued him. 

16 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Did you read the edited post?

The strategy is to take SpaceX, Neural Link, etc  public and hype them into trillion dollar valuations.

We cant say its not working when it hasnt started yet.

Eta: Twitters value alone is irrelevant, its to be the vehicle to drive value for  his other entities.

It'll work until it doesn't. After several spectacular catastrophes involving Silicon Valley new wealth generator "Steve Jobs types", people are getting somewhat weary of monorail salesmen. 

Elon's rep has been spectacularly durable. How the hell it wasn't demolished after the Thai cave rescue or Las Vegas loop fiascos is beyond me.  

Elon Musk booed off stage at a Dave Chappelle show

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/12/business/elon-musk-booed-dave-chappelle/index.html

Elon Musk joined Dave Chappelle on stage Sunday in San Francisco, home of Twitter’s headquarters where the world’s richest person recently laid off many of its employees. It went about as well as you’d expect.

The crowd at the Chase Center loudly booed Musk, who had spent much of the weekend wading into the culture wars, making transphobic statements and seemingly echoing QAnon tropes.

13 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Elon Musk booed off stage at a Dave Chappelle show

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/12/business/elon-musk-booed-dave-chappelle/index.html

Maybe the two were planning on doing a bit on how trans people are the truly intolerant ones. To deflect criticism Chapelle could lie about his trans friend death again and Musk can bring up how his daughter who hates him is trans. 
/s

Seriously though Chapelle probably planned on trying to downplay Musk’s displayed bigotry and extremism on Twitter like he did Rowling and Terfs.

2 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Maybe the two were planning on doing a bit on how trans people are the truly intolerant ones. To deflect criticism Chapelle could lie about his trans friend death again and Musk can bring up how his daughter who hates him is trans. 
/s

Seriously though Chapelle probably planned on trying to downplay Musk’s displayed bigotry and extremism on Twitter like he did Rowling and Terfs.

Motherfucker that's a lotta shit!

And I'm over here wondering if my boy @Martell Spy gets his news from a man on horseback now that Twitter is dead 

:P

1 hour ago, Gaston de Foix said:

So I was skeptical that Twitter would fail or fall, but the exodus continues.  A lawyer/commentator who I admire and is wickedly funny quit with quite the statement. https://popehat.substack.com/p/goodbye-twitter

I was just thinking how that was one of the few things I actually miss. Now I need to get the EDSBS crew over to mastodon. 

Though the blob media is rather slow in this matter, rRump is So Over -- Partner even dreamed last night that at the university a rich girl rented a humongous moving van, drove it to campus, to move all his stuff out.

For one thing the muskey's sucking his oxygen.  It's muskey's shenanigans the Blob Media can't get enough of now, for click, click, click.

I am amused that Musk has said repeatedly that they will have a Trust and Safety council to advertisers while those people resigned left and right - and now it's just going away. Because Musk et al have basically determined that if you can run by dictat there is no need for a council and it would not be effective anyway. 

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2022/12/twitter-ditches-trust-and-safety-council-as-musk-tweets-fuel-harassment/

“We are reevaluating how best to bring external insights into our product and policy development work,” an email, simply signed "Twitter," informed the council. “As part of this process, we have decided that the Trust and Safety Council is not the best structure to do this.”

Established in 2016, the council brought together dozens of experts on harassment, safety, human rights, suicide prevention, child sexual exploitation, and policy development. Today, instead of clearly outlined priorities detailing best guidance for Twitter content decisions, any visitors to the now-deleted Trust and Safety Council webpage will find an error message: “Nothing to see here.”

What I especially find hilarious about this is that in general it is a very bad practice to remove an existing service before the new one in is place. The notion that they will bring external insights in some other way is laughable. 

3 minutes ago, Kalnestk Oblast said:

I

What I especially find hilarious about this is that in general it is a very bad practice to remove an existing service before the new one in is place. The notion that they will bring external insights in some other way is laughable. 

Interesting, I've said the exact same thing (word for word, basically) but about religion for years and years. 

Life is all just reflected particles, eh? Funny how that happens

23 hours ago, Werthead said:

Interesting point they make about Musk having previously gone through a traumatic experience of being born into two ingroups which allowed which granted him immense, automatic privilege (white and rich) and the value of being one of those things evaporated overnight in his country of birth, spurring his move to a country where being white is still something of an asset. With a growing global movement to tax the rich more and reduce the advantages of being immensely wealthy (if not actually by very much), Musk fears it happening all over again and has leveraged his wealth to try to stop it happening or mitigating its impact on himself.

I don't think Space Karen has or is capable of the self reflection required for any of that.

5 hours ago, Gaston de Foix said:

So I was skeptical that Twitter would fail or fall, but the exodus continues.  A lawyer/commentator who I admire and is wickedly funny quit with quite the statement. https://popehat.substack.com/p/goodbye-twitter

For reference, Sean Parker once said that one of the biggest factors in the rise of Facebook was Myspace consistently and comprehensively screwing up. At its peak, Myspace was not just the biggest social media website; it was the biggest website, period. If they can go down, anything's possible. 

That said, I don't think twitter will die. I think Musk will eventually sell it at a loss (he can afford it) and find some way to blame his failure on someone else. "They just weren't getting what I was trying to do, man".

On 12/12/2022 at 1:59 PM, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

This is double edged sword. Part of Musk's appeal was that he was apolitical. He wasn't concerned with terrestrial matters because he's busy building the future. Now he's showing people who he really is. 

And, in case anyone needed reminding, He didn't buy the company because its part of some grand strategy for the salvation of humanity. He walked away from the fucking deal and the Twitter board fucking sued him. 

It'll work until it doesn't. After several spectacular catastrophes involving Silicon Valley new wealth generator "Steve Jobs types", people are getting somewhat weary of monorail salesmen. 

Elon's rep has been spectacularly durable. How the hell it wasn't demolished after the Thai cave rescue or Las Vegas loop fiascos is beyond me.  

No-one is hoping harder that he fails than me.

He has shown me that his true colors are disgusting.

Whether the pump up the equitiy values strategy works or if that is even truly the grand strategy, the juries still out?

Theres a large part of me that thinks the article i quoted is giving him too much credit and that in fact Elon is just a sad clown, a little too full of himself anvd dangerously wealthy at this point.

Archived