Twitter Twee: all your tweets are belong to chud

JGP

I dunno. It’d be more long term drama if he let it ride maybe. Musk is so bad at the human thing. No idea where he’s going to go. 

Letting Ye just stew in on it and publicly dish and spill and have to deal with that, a train wreck but maybe the best way to go. 

57 minutes ago, JGP said:

Nah.

I mean yes of course I'm glad to know. Where we diverge is the line of what constitutes harm. White, entitled poverty has proven dry grass to radicalization. Poverty of whatever kind, means, spirit. Mass shootings in the US are almost a daily thing. Can't even imagine where singles and doubles and triples are at. 4 for a mass shooter, y/n?

Covid, Russia, uncertain economic future, and that's just the short term. I don't know, even if it's not against the law, maybe racists should shut the fuck up right now.

I'm not telling you not to tell Kanye he's an idiot, or not even to not shout him down. 

I am objecting to suggestions that governmental/medical systems be used to take satisfaction from people who have spoken displeasingly.

1 hour ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

I’d rather-all  Nazis feel afraid, impotent alone, and spiritually castrated than confident enough to say what they believe.

:cheers: :bowdown: Nobody has said this, and you said it perfectly.

1 hour ago, Fire and Jace said:

I'm not telling you not to tell Kanye he's an idiot, or not even to not shout him down. 

I am objecting to suggestions that governmental/medical systems be used to take satisfaction from people who have spoken displeasingly.

My food arrived and I killed the first episode of Slow Horses S2.

When you say it like that Jace, it doesn’t sound so bad. It’s never just that is the thing. 

We can disagree. 

We also got this wild wing nut. He matters, he doesn’t matter. Nazis weren’t so bad. Jews aren’t so good. Hitler wasn’t all bad. Ye loves everyone. 

The world sucks.

It also doesn’t.

42 minutes ago, JGP said:

My food arrived and I killed the first episode of Slow Horses S2.

When you say it like that Jace, it doesn’t sound so bad. It’s never just that is the thing. 

We can disagree. 

We also got this wild wing nut. He matters, he doesn’t matter. Nazis weren’t so bad. Jews aren’t so good. Hitler wasn’t all bad. Ye loves everyone. 

The world sucks.

It also doesn’t.

Nah baby.

The world is the best you can make it every day. 

There will always be assholes. Nazis. Clansmen. Incels. Xphobes, Yphobes and Zphobes are never going away. 

Some folks are just ugly. It looks like Kanye is one of them. Not ugly like Harvey Winestein, not all of 'em, but ugly on the inside. Where it matters. 

It's okay. Kanye is just a guy. Maybe he will change. I hope so. But he deserves the chance to find his own way out of megalomania for as long as he isn't actually harming people. 

And I'm allowed to think he's a conspiracy addled asshole.

Mean words isn’t how you deal with people like West.

You crush them completely, mercilessly with whatever legal(or moral) means you have.

"Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

1 hour ago, Fire and Jace said:

Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

I don’t want to be mean to you. I just think you’re naive to the effectiveness of some liberal tenets.

Yeah, his pontificating is less concerning than the fact mainstream conservative figures even in office  have tried to normalize his nazism.

I don't know about this "locking him up" business. I'm not completely up to speed on some of these discussions and I completely avoided the Heard/Depp soap opera. No, I don't think Ye should be jailed or committed.

But West is not "just a guy". He's a guy who said this stuff while appearing as a guest of Alex Jones; a guy who the former president once described as "a close friend" and who many on the American right have tried to turn into a free speech martyr for the Sandy Hood judgements that have gone against him. A colossal piece of shit who built a media empire on the corpses of murdered children, among other things. 

West is also a guy who, about a week ago, was a dinner guest of the same former president. A man who could reasonably be accused of intentionally trying to overthrow American Democracy, continues to subvert American democracy, and who ~30-40% of Americans still believe is the rightful POTUS. Among the topics discussed was a possible 2024 presidential run. Normally I'd say, "Pfft, whatever", but I don't know anymore. 

11 hours ago, Fire and Jace said:

For Kanye? Ignore him. It's fucking saaad, that he's going in with that crowd, but he hasn't done anything illegal that I'm aware of. I mean he's Kanye West, a billionaire, those people commit felonies in-between every breath. 

But as to a man may speak as he wishes? My answer is always that he may speak as he wishes.

When people start attacking jews based on his words do we continue to ignore him?

7 hours ago, Fire and Jace said:

Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Who, pray tell, is calling for Mr. West to die?  I simply think amplifying the voice of someone saying “Nazi’s aren’t that bad” and “Hitler did good things” is a terrible idea.

5 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

When people start attacking jews based on his words do we continue to ignore him?

If there are ways to conclude culpability for organized violence I am absolutely sure you know more about it than I do.

If Mr. West commits a crime then charge him with it. 

I will still argue against putting a person in a cage but that's truly a seperate issue.

4 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Who, pray tell, is calling for Mr. West to die?  I simply think amplifying the voice of someone saying “Nazi’s aren’t that bad” and “Hitler did good things” is a terrible idea.

I never thought I'd have to defend a Tolkien quote on renunciation to you of all people.

I agree, Mr. West shouldn't be invited to good company or quality, informative, programming. If I saw him on my TV I would probably change the channel. 

It is not in my powers, nor should it be, to stop Kanye from ranting as he wishes where he wishes however. 

To be  really clear I was never advocating to lock Kanye up. I do think that this is one of those cases where medical intervention may be indicated, because he does appear to literally be non compos mentis at this time. 

1 minute ago, Fire and Jace said:

I never thought I'd have to defend a Tolkien quote on renunciation to you of all people.

I agree, Mr. West shouldn't be invited to good company or quality, informative, programming. If I saw him on my TV I would probably change the channel. 

It is not in my powers, nor should it be, to stop Kanye from ranting as he wishes where he wishes however. 

That is among my favorite Tolkien quotes and I believe in it.  I don’t want Mr. West dead.  I want him to get help.  I also believe amplifying his voice to any degree is exceptionally dangerous at this time.

1 minute ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

That is among my favorite Tolkien quotes and I believe in it.  I don’t want Mr. West dead.  I want him to get help.  I also believe amplifying his voice to any degree is exceptionally dangerous at this time.

I don't disagree at all. 

But is it illegal???

Archived