Twitter Twee: all your tweets are belong to chud

JGP

2 hours ago, Spockydog said:

I know it tempting to laugh and point. Especially considering the overarching themes of his latest episode, as well as the people be is hanging with. But this isn't funny. He is in need of medical assistance. His 'people' should be ashamed of themselves. 

Who has the ability to seek medical intervention for this man?  What is the California standard for intervention?  Is  publicly advocating for unbelievably weird shit grounds for involuntary commitment?

41 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Who has the ability to seek medical intervention for this man?  What is the California standard for intervention?  Is  publicly advocating for unbelievably weird shit grounds for involuntary commitment?

I think publicly calling for Kanye's "medical intervention" only exacerbates the problem.  Stop giving him attention is really all the "public" can do.

Such a huge, complicated descent. I mean, I get it. A lot of this is mental health related. Bi-polar, isn't it? I have a little familial history with that and it was more like, peaks and valleys of where everything is good and alright and there is no wrong possible, to the depths of depression I've never experienced personally but they were so raw. So, so raw.

Other stuff is going on here too.  

The Kanye thread might be a good idea Ty lol

36 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Over the last few months I've considered opening a thread about Kanye. It looks like he just destroyed what was left of his life. There's no coming back from saying positive things about Hitler in 2022.

Don't bother.

I am appalled by the casual tossing about of discussion to the effect of depriving a man his liberties just because he said something you didn't like. 

Being an anti-semetic is stupid and hurtful. The suggestion that it be commit-able is insane. You're suggesting reeducation centers by way of rehabilative insane asylums.

Do you really want Ron DeSantis' government to be able to decide which public utterances make you a danger?

14 minutes ago, Fire and Jace said:

I am appalled by the casual tossing about of discussion to the effect of depriving a man his liberties just because he said something you didn't like. 

LOL no you're not.

13 minutes ago, DMC said:

LOL no you're not.

I do not believe in putting humans in cages under almost any circumstance.

If someone is such a danger that you need to reduce them to animalism then there is a much cheaper and more practical treatment option available. 

You people don't want Kanye West admitted so he can be 'cured'

You want him punished for his aberrative behaviors. You want to feel virtue at this man whose power supercedes your own actually having to face a consequence for his actions. You want it soooo bad that you're (group accusation, not specific to an individual) chippering for the state to decide from Youtube clips whether a person is or is not fit for society. 

I mean I get it. Dude makes bumpin (let's not pretend it was more than bumpin ok? Dude was so overrated. He was real real fucking good, but he was not all that) music but he's obviously a fucking imbicile, normally I'd say fuck him. It's just that you folks are so reactive. It shocks and, in turn, makes me reactive. 

My appalled reaction is the same as when I saw (some of you same characters) talking about how we gotta get rid of jury trials because the Depp v Heard debacle didn't calamatize just the way you wanted. 

3 minutes ago, Fire and Jace said:

I do not believe in putting humans in cages under almost any circumstance.

LOL!  You've spent the last year dipping your toe in advocating for full on violence against the fascist right and admonishing all of us for not doing the same.  Acting now like you're so concerned about Kanye's civil liberties is either straight up delusion or a pathetic attempt at trolling.  Either way, your schtick is old and tired.

14 minutes ago, DMC said:

LOL!  You've spent the last year dipping your toe in advocating for full on violence against the fascist right and admonishing all of us for not doing the same.  Acting now like you're so concerned about Kanye's civil liberties is either straight up delusion or a pathetic attempt at trolling.  Either way, your schtick is old and tired.

The fascist right is engaged in an explicit years-old campaign against the systems I was born with stake in. I am not trolling or talking tall when I say that I consider it my duty: and the duty of all good citizens: to do them harm. 

I would not look to put Donald Trump in a cage, however. His sturmabteilung and I would find some similar ground in the usefullness of a gallows, then. 

Both can be true. 

Kanye is a deranged fool with a lot of talent; he is not the person you people should be focused on

1 minute ago, Fire and Jace said:

Kanye is a deranged fool with a lot of talent; he is not the person you people should be focused on

What do you mean by "you people?"  Seems you're much more focused on him than I am.

40 minutes ago, Fire and Jace said:

My appalled reaction is the same as when I saw (some of you same characters) talking about how we gotta get rid of jury trials because the Depp v Heard debacle didn't calamatize just the way you wanted. 

Wait what lol

8 minutes ago, JGP said:

Wait what lol

That happened. There was a SHOCKING amount of groupthink momentum towards concluding that 'trial by peers' is a BAD thing all along. 

I noted the fucking idiocy of the atmosphere at the time, as I do now, and I will not apologize for it.

Nor should you if that's what happened.

It's weird seeing two boarders I respect so at odds with each other. 

You're not wrong. But like, what exactly do you propose? 

Straight dish with me here.

3 minutes ago, Fire and Jace said:

I noted the fucking idiocy of the atmosphere at the time, as I do now, and I will not apologize for it.

Um..what did you "notice?"  That many of us identified the obvious sexist attacks on Heard in a dumbass celebrity trial?  And how they were grossly propagated on social media?

I also remember you declaratively admonishing me and others for "believing the polls" - even though I wasn't - and ridiculing me and others for thinking the Dems could retain the Senate during the midterms.  Hell, you were ridiculing anyone for having the gall to have HOPE.  Cool story bro.  Again, why should I or anyone else listen to anything you have to say?

Just now, JGP said:

Nor should you if that's what happened.

It's weird seeing two boarders I respect so at odds with each other. 

You're not wrong. But like, what exactly do you propose? 

Straight dish with me here.

For Kanye? Ignore him. It's fucking saaad, that he's going in with that crowd, but he hasn't done anything illegal that I'm aware of. I mean he's Kanye West, a billionaire, those people commit felonies in-between every breath. 

But as to a man may speak as he wishes? My answer is always that he may speak as he wishes.

Archived