Which of the less talked about characters do you feel sorry for.

King_Tristifer_IV_Mudd

I know many other characters have suffered fates far worse but I always feel sorry for the captain's daughter whom Theon sleeps with in ACOK. She keeps throwing herself at him publicly in the Iron Islands and he keeps rejecting her, its almost painful to read.

She's not pretty, she's not smart, she's probably pregnant with a bastard, who knows how her father punished her after they left the Iron Islands, Theon 'ruined' her and he can't even be bothered to remember her name.

58 minutes ago, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

Bronn would have to be in on it because he's either sleeping with Lollys or not sleeping with Lollys.

If he's not sleeping with Lollys, it would not necessarily be because he is in on it. 

It might be because Lollys (1) is pregnant or too soon past childbirth and hence not fertile; (2) notoriously unattractive; and (3) has a phobia of men due to her 50-rape PTSD.

All of which might be invention.  In any event, Bronn has no intention of touching her until she is ready to make him a baby of his own.

Then again, maybe he is in on it.  I'm just trying to keep the conspirators to a minimum.

58 minutes ago, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

Are there any missing babies anywhere that would be potentially important enough to justify this ruse?  Maybe the whole point was securing a safe place for the child called Tyrion Tanner?

I would guess it is just a random unwanted baby, used for a ruse.  Varys has dealt before in random unwanted babies, at least according to Young Griff.  I would also imagine they are the source for his little birds.  

The baby might mean, among other things, that he does not have to sleep with Bronn just yet. 

The point of the ruse, I imagine, would not be secure a safe place for the baby, but rather to secure a safe place for Varys.  But it might be a better fate than having its tongue cut out.

6 hours ago, Gilbert Green said:

Then again, maybe he is in on it.  I'm just trying to keep the conspirators to a minimum.

Makes sense. I know we have no details about their wedding and given her condition and history a bedding would have likely been out of the question. Still, I doubt he could keep it from Bronn. I may have to take another look at what he says to Tyrion about her though, maybe he really hasn't touched her at all entirely of his own choice.   Awful risky of Varys to expose himself to the chance that Bronn may just be into pregnant women with a not entirely traditional form of beauty.

Conspiracy would have to widen a bit at the beginning of Chapter 65 of Clash when they're both seen in the throne room. 

5 hours ago, Rondo said:

I really feel sorry for Merrett Frey.  He never had a chance.  Stoneheart and her demons had already killed Petyr.  Those outlaws had no intentions of ever giving a fair hearing.  They took the money and killed Merrett too.

I don't feel sorry for him for taking part in the red wedding, but I do feel sorry that he suffered the accident which seemingly ruined his life. And I think the decision to kill anyone associated with the Freys, regardless of how involved they were in the Red Wedding, will not end well for the Brotherhood under Lady Stoneheart. I think the group will splinter.

Myrielle Peake. Poor girl gets wheeled out and then humiliated when the king and his family decide that the right choice for him is the ultra-perfect-superior-to-all-other-ethnicities Valyrian girl (despite her being six). That was the one time where I felt like the Valyrian fetishism crossed the line from depiction to endorsement, and it was really gross to read. (And no, it was not “maester bias.” GRRM makes it extremely obvious in FnB when the maester is projecting or covering something up. There’s nothing to indicate that we shouldn’t have taken the praise for Daenaera’s beauty at face value). 

Weasel. 

This might seem very random, but also the 20 perfumed boys from the slaver's galley Victarion obtains in Dance and later throws in the sea. I do not know why it always stuck with me. Probably because I find the idea of drowning in an ocean terrifying (especially considering they thought they were saved for a minute).

Archived