Football: The Winter Break

polishgenius

39 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Urgh, Jermaine fucking Jenas again. I might have to mute the game at some point.

Anybody else looking forward to Firmino's post playing career as a pundit on British TV?

Totally unrelated, and merely asking for a friend... :leaving:

USMNT cannot keep doing this, going for bust in the first half and then slowly fade away, as well as close up shop to prevent attacks. I think they do best when they are pressing the opposition, and with the pressure of qualifying over, should not start defending if they find themselves 1-0 up against the Dutch

1 minute ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

USMNT cannot keep doing this, going for bust in the first half and then slowly fade away, as well as close up shop to prevent attacks. I think they do best when they are pressing the opposition, and with the pressure of qualifying over, should not start defending if they find themselves 1-0 up against the Dutch

They're the second youngest team at the tournament with next to no experience. What's happening is not surprising. The goal for this WC was to get out of the group stage and mission accomplished. Anything else is just gravy. Actual expectations should be for 2026.

Archived