Football: The Winter Break

polishgenius

In unsurprising news (to people not named C. Ronaldo at least).

Bayern boss Kahn categorically ruled out signing C. Ronaldo when he was pressed by journalists. He basically said, that they have a clear idea and a vision of how the squad should look like. And Ronaldo doesn't fit into that idea.

Which is really unsurprising. Since Lewandowski's departure, they have tried to make their frontline quicker/more mobile. So of course C. Ronaldo doesn't fit into that idea.

I must say the best thing about this World Cup is all the memes and gossip about Serbian national team that's going on at the moment. From the coach being best friend/nemesis of president of Serbia, to players having sex with each others' wives and fighting over it, it's hilarious.

We just can't come to terms with our team lacking experience when it comes to having a good run in a major tournament, that our coach is not really a mastermind of international football, that our FA is a criminal organisation and a bad one on top etc.

Ronaldo is reportedly being offered over $300m to play in Saudi Arabia. 

Is this kind of sports washing actually working? Qatar has been embarrassed on almost every level and I've yet to read or hear any credible source that this tournament has gone well for them specifically. LIV golf is the obvious comparison, but again, how is that actually going? Again not well unless you want to light money on fire to hear people drag you all the time.

Reports in Spain saying talks are taking place over a two-and-a-half year deal worth €200m per season.

I think Ronaldo would have stayed in Europe if one of the top CL clubs came in for him. Al Nassr were the only club to make him an offer during the last transfer window and appear to be the only club interested in taking him now. Absent offers from top CL clubs, he's probably decided it's better to take the ludicrous money and play in a farmer's league where he can phone it in and still be the best player.

6 hours ago, baxus said:

I must say the best thing about this World Cup is all the memes and gossip about Serbian national team that's going on at the moment. From the coach being best friend/nemesis of president of Serbia, to players having sex with each others' wives and fighting over it, it's hilarious.

We just can't come to terms with our team lacking experience when it comes to having a good run in a major tournament, that our coach is not really a mastermind of international football, that our FA is a criminal organisation and a bad one on top etc.

I read Vlahovic is popular among the other players' wives.

3 minutes ago, The Sunland Lord said:

I read Vlahovic is popular among the other players' wifes.

Yeah, he's ONE of the players rumoured to be "popular among the other players' wives".

Allegedly, he slept with the wife of Rajkovic, the backup keeper. Also allegedly, Nemanja Gudelj slept with the wife of Luka Jovic and it resulted in fight between the two players.

At this rate, I'm curious to find out whose wife I slept with. :lol:

34 minutes ago, baxus said:

Yeah, he's ONE of the players rumoured to be "popular among the other players' wives".

Allegedly, he slept with the wife of Rajkovic, the backup keeper. Also allegedly, Nemanja Gudelj slept with the wife of Luka Jovic and it resulted in fight between the two players.

At this rate, I'm curious to find out whose wife I slept with. :lol:

Yeah I read that. Also I read that the coach is unwillingly still there, he wanted to resign, but they "persuaded" him to stay for the World Cup, so he'll leave soon after.

The prosecutors in Italy found a document signed between Ronaldo and Juventus where they agree to pay him 19 m€. This payment isn't reported.

There are tapes as well. The club's lawyer and general manager say that this agreement must be kept a secret, because should they publish it, they'd have to make a fake transaction afterwards.

13 minutes ago, The Sunland Lord said:

There are tapes as well. The club's lawyer and general manager say that this agreement must be kept a secret, because should they publish it, they'd have to make a fake transaction afterwards.

Lol. Everybody knows that Christiano Ronaldo admitting to serious crime on tape doesn't count because his lawyers charge £10k per hour. 

Glad I got assigned Denmark in 2020 and not this time around. 

I do have to root for France and Australia though, the former being the language and culture I studied for four years in JH/HS and the latter being where my step-brother's wife is from. 

I have three bets running that could see me net thousands if Saudi and Poland both win tonight. And even more if Japan manage to win tomorrow. 

I have two 50p yankees with the first two already up. And a 50p accumulator. 

The first yankee is Australia, Tunisia, Poland, and Saudi. I also have an additional 50p 3000/1 fourfold accumulator on these matches. 

I also have a 50p yankee on Australia, Tunisia, Saudi and Japan. 

£11.50 staked. William Hill are currently offering me about £200 to cash out my slips. With potential winnings at around £5000, I think I'll wait. 

Archived