Football: The Winter Break

polishgenius

I dunno about wasted.

Their best chance was four years ago. KdB apparently agrees.

But there was also the French team on the rise. Was that Belgium better than their French counter parts? In tournaments you also need luck.

I think Messi might make a case that Diego blew his best shot at the title in 2010. But even if he had picked Cambiasso to give that Argentinian team more structure, would they have been better than Spain's golden generation? 

11 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

I dunno about wasted.

Their best chance was four years ago. KdB apparently agrees.

But there was also the French team on the rise. Was that Belgium better than their French counter parts? In tournaments you also need luck.

I think Messi might make a case that Diego blew his best shot at the title in 2010. But even if he had picked Cambiasso to give that Argentinian team more structure, would they have been better than Spain's golden generation? 

Messi's best shot was the final in 2014. Germany were the better team in the tournament, but Argentina had the better chances in the final, when Palacio, Higuain, and Messi himself missed some good chances. 

2 hours ago, Spockydog said:

So, Jurgen. Yes, it's perhaps a little xenophobic, but to call this out as an "unhinged white guy rant" seems a bit strong,

Strong to you, but not to me. It absolutely is xenophobic and the othering of brown people isn't something I'm here for.

Don't take it personally' and look the other way because it's 'just a little bit of xenophobia/ racism' is a very poor take on his comments, but you do you.

3 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Report by Matt Lawton in The Times saying that Inter Miami are close to reaching an agreement with Messi in a deal that would make him the highest paid player in MLS history.

Would love to see Phil Neville manage Messi :read:

14 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Report by Matt Lawton in The Times saying that Inter Miami are close to reaching an agreement with Messi in a deal that would make him the highest paid player in MLS history.

It's been rumored for a while that he'll get partial ownership. I'm curious to see how this will work out logistically. 

Hopefully this works out well for MLS. They need to be able to attract stars and maybe this will finally make it so they can get players in their primes away from Europe. 

Archived