How dangerous Euron really is ?

Ever since his proper introduction in A Feast for Crows, Euron Greyjoy has become one of the most memorable, exciting and anticipated antagonists in ASOIAF due to his craziness and creepiness but also his charisma, his blasphemous confidence and his cunning, a trait that is severaly lacked by his brothers and most Ironborn, and his increasingly mystical character with him having put his hands on a dragon horn, him drinking the shade of the evening, his comments that imply that he's a skinchanger or a greenseer or both, and the valyrian armor and other items and incoming blood sacrifice shown in the Forsaken chapter.

But how capable and dangerous do you think that Euron truly is, knowing what we know about his personality, his Ironborn fleet and subordinates, and magics in ASOIAF ? 

How much competent is he really as a tactician and strategist, both in the military and political fields ? 
What should be the limits of his powers, if he's really a skinchanger and/or greenseer, and of his items ?
How much can he truly controls or canalize his insanity before it boomerangs on him, when things don't go his way ?

I think GRRM set him up to be the final human villainous character. As Joffrey was to the beginning and Ramsay is to the middle. I think he is far more powerful in magic then people give him credit for. He seems to have a plan at the very least. He seems equal parts intelligent and batshit insane, which is a very dangerous combo IMO. Add on magic and we have a recipe for an extremely dangerous man.

I have no idea, which is probably what makes him the most interesting villain in the series. I get rather amused, that the Lannisters always seem to over look the Greyjoys and kind of just hope they just destroy themselves. Part of me hopes he gets a dragon, because that would easily make him the most interesting villain in the series.

I don't really get him. Creepy brother toucher. He looks pretty darned dangerous though. The man has knowledge of something and he cares nothing about anyone. IF it wasn't for Aeron and Vic relating to us that he was a creep and a jerk his whole life I would be wondering if some other personality had overtaken him and he was just some horrible supernatural creature's Hodor, but his behavior today seems consistent with the guy they describe when thinking back.  Still, I suspect he's someone's (or something's) agent either knowingly or on the dupe.

Archived