Future dragonriders

Tyrosh Lannister

If it is a question of Targaryen ancestry, there are tons of people with it. The Martells, along with half the noble hoses of Dorne, the Plums, probably the Daynes. There is also Stannis, Shireen along with all surviving Robert's bastards, Aegon if he is actually a Blackfyre, even that jailor Jaime interviewed in Feast, he is probably descended from Elaena Targaryen. Then, there have been speculations of other houses that Targaryen brides married into. And last but not least is there is Aegon IV, along with any other Targaryen boy that got frisky. We could have dragonseeds coming out of the woodwork.

That is pit trap for Dany. She is inclined to trust the person who would successfully claim a dragon. 

7 hours ago, Gilbert Green said:

If it seems arbitrary to you, that's fine.  I guess we may find out some day whose guesses are right.

Yes your opinion based on absolutely nothing does seem arbitrary to me, as that is the meaning of the word, and particularly strange following you dismissing actual reasoning from the text as arbitrary.

7 hours ago, chrisdaw said:

Yes your opinion based on absolutely nothing does seem arbitrary to me, as that is the meaning of the word, and particularly strange following you dismissing actual reasoning from the text as arbitrary.

You seem sore.  But I have done nothing to you express my own opinion.  Which I have a right to.  Just as you do.

You never asked me what my opinion was based on.  Which is also fine.

I am not convinced that GRRM named Viserion for Tyrion; nor that he colored Viserion after Tyrion.  But who knows?  Maybe the next book will prove you right.

5 hours ago, Gilbert Green said:

You seem sore.  But I have done nothing to you express my own opinion. 

You can post whatever random nonsense and I'll almost certainly pass on by, but if you come quoting me, and particularly calling reasoning from the text arbitrary, then you'd want to have something of substance to offer instead of gut feels.

2 hours ago, chrisdaw said:

You can post whatever random nonsense and I'll almost certainly pass on by, but if you come quoting me, and particularly calling reasoning from the text arbitrary, then you'd want to have something of substance to offer instead of gut feels.

You certainly are sore.  Why don't you keep being sore.  Or maybe take a deep breath, and accept that it was not a sin for me to respond to your post. 

Sorry, but I just don't agree that the name "Viserion" is based on "Tyrion".  I think "Viserion" is based on "Viserys" and any resemblance to "Tyrion" is pure coincidence.  It's only my opinion. Sorry.

I don't agree that there is any likely connection between a dragon's color and that of its rider.  Dany rides Drogon, and neither her hair, skin or eyes are black.  It's only my opinion.  Sorry.

Your logic seemed arbitrary to me.  I wasn't trying to offend you.  I merely expressed my honest opinion.  And by "arbitrary" I merely mean that you could just as easily argue that Tyrion is destined for Rhaegal, because Rhaegal is green and one of Tyrion's eyes are green.  As I already explained.  Not to mention that the story is full of people who could be dragonriders on similar logic.  Ben Plumm's hair is "white", so maybe he should ride the "white" dragon.  Etc. Etc. Etc.  Lots of ways to match multicolored people with multicolored dragons.

1 hour ago, Gilbert Green said:

You certainly are sore.  Why don't you keep being sore.  Or maybe take a deep breath, and accept that it was not a sin for me to respond to your post. 

Sorry, but I just don't agree that the name "Viserion" is based on "Tyrion".  I think "Viserion" is based on "Viserys" and any resemblance to "Tyrion" is pure coincidence.  It's only my opinion. Sorry.

I don't agree that there is any likely connection between a dragon's color and that of its rider.  Dany rides Drogon, and neither her hair, skin or eyes are black.  It's only my opinion.  Sorry.

Your logic seemed arbitrary to me.  I wasn't trying to offend you.  I merely expressed my honest opinion.  And by "arbitrary" I merely mean that you could just as easily argue that Tyrion is destined for Rhaegal, because Rhaegal is green and one of Tyrion's eyes are green.  As I already explained.  Not to mention that the story is full of people who could be dragonriders on similar logic.  Ben Plumm's hair is "white", so maybe he should ride the "white" dragon.  Etc. Etc. Etc.

Not a sin, a waste of time void of any substance.

Tyrion's eyes are black and green for each side of the dance as he'll have a foot in both camps and be playing each side against each other. It already began when he diverted Aegon from the natural course of an alliance with Dany. Small man snarling in the midst of it all.

If GRRM saw fit to also name Ben Plumm for the dragon, had him pocket white dragon pieces, smiths randomly try to foist golden horned demon headed scaled armour on him, engineer special riding saddles, dream of dragons and cry himself to sleep because they were all dead, if Viserion had plum looking eyes and his roar would knock 100 plums off a tree and... eh what's the point. That said Plumm is plausible as an intermediate rider. It is named by Dany for her antagonistic brother Viserys, and half by GRRM for her other antagonistic brother to come.

On 11/25/2022 at 8:28 PM, KingEuronGreyjoy said:

I think Jon will ride one for at least a time. Probably Rhaegal. Maybe Tyrion or Young Griff for Viserion. Maybe Euron for a time. I do think we’ll see at least one of the dragons die though.

Unless Tyrion or any other non-Valryian character mentioned here is a secret Targ, then how will they even ride dragons to begin with?

On 11/27/2022 at 2:18 AM, Tyrosh Lannister said:

He is not Aerys's son. Viserion will be controlled by Weirwood magic. When Tyrion is playing cyvasse with the dragon piece, its described as being white with red veins.. so it will be controlled by weirwood magic

Whose weirwood magic? Tyrion does not know magic so why would the source of this magic make Tyrion ride dragons?

• 2 months later...

Aegon needs to ride the green one to dance with Daenerys on the black one. Tyrion, and/or his agent, Brown Ben, will ride the white one. Tyrion is like the deuteragonist of a classical play. The deuteragonist would bounce between the protagonist (Daenerys in this Second Dance of the Dragons) and the antagonist (Aegon). The key for me is his heterochromia of the eyes. After Daenerys mounts her smoky stallion to join her sun-and-stars in the Night Lands, Jon will ride the black one. Black always was his color. 

Archived