Star Wars: a story for every fan? (Andor Spoilers)

Ser Scot A Ellison

I was saying I'm fine with nothing further coming from the sister etc but if others are bothered by it then it wasn't the best choice, but you're right that it can't be judged until the story is actually told. I'm just happy already lol.

There are some cool theories out there about Andor's home planet being stripped to bits for Death Star material. Cover story for why the planet was off limits was toxic gas, and the truth of Separatist and later Empire involvement there was buried. 

9 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

Down the rabbit hole I go!!!

It's crazy you go on there and realize only like 40% of the current star wars story is depicted in movies and TV. Like apparently Q'ira from Solo stole frozen Han from Bobba Fett between Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Who knew. 

On 11/28/2022 at 12:21 PM, Rhom said:

Under the old system, would that make him Obi Wan Kenoobi?  Keenobi?  Kenobii?

Does this mean Harvey Korman's character Gormaanda in the Star Wars Holiday Special is a clone?  Must have been a fabulous chef.

Andor was soooo good.

On 11/25/2022 at 7:06 PM, Rhom said:

I am fine with having different stories and settings in Star Wars… but now that the bar has been set for quality it should not go back.  There can be fun and light hearted shows, but they should be good.

100% agree with this.

Also, Lord Varys - you know you must be way the fuck out there with your takes when you've got both Kalbear and HeartofIce arguing against you.  Thats when its time to re-evaluate.

22 hours ago, RumHam said:

It's crazy you go on there and realize only like 40% of the current star wars story is depicted in movies and TV. Like apparently Q'ira from Solo stole frozen Han from Bobba Fett between Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Who knew. 

Now I’m imagining a long keystone cops sequence where frozen Han keeps getting stolen and recaptured while everyone is worried about dinting him…

Sorry to be That Guy, but again, there's a conflation there, Jax, of 'quality' and 'target audience'. 

Most of the SW stuff that's explicitly aimed at kids (e.g. some of the animated series) is of notably good quality. There's a difference between 'I'm not the target audience' and 'this is objectively bad', and the failure to understand that lies behind a lot of the more unhinged social media campaigns against certain media products in recent years.

29 minutes ago, mormont said:

Sorry to be That Guy, but again, there's a conflation there, Jax, of 'quality' and 'target audience'. 

Most of the SW stuff that's explicitly aimed at kids (e.g. some of the animated series) is of notably good quality. There's a difference between 'I'm not the target audience' and 'this is objectively bad', and the failure to understand that lies behind a lot of the more unhinged social media campaigns against certain media products in recent years.

There is a lot of truth to this. However, price of admission needs to be considered. That particular storyline is a crossover from Marvel Comic’s with a 5 or 6 issue mini series branching into all of the Star Wars titles. At $3-4 each for 20 pages of story times 10-ish issues it feels priced out of most kid stuff. 

What is the target audience for Clone Wars? On the face of it, it feels like youngish kids, but then some episodes are really dark and actually pretty horrific, maybe some of the nastiest stuff in the whole SW universe. When people are getting killed, tortured, when there are zombies and undead running around suddenly you start to think is there some confusion as to who they made this show for?

It's great to see something so different done in the SW universe. Tales of the Jedi is probably still my favourite SW material from recent times (what can I say, I like Jedi) but Andor is an excellent achievement no doubt. Just hope it gets more seasons.

After Andor, I would like Tony Gilroy and co. to create a Star Wars show set in the immediate aftermath of Endor. Scrap those awful Chuck Wending novels and do a tight, strong story that involves Mon Mothma again along with other Rebel leaders, but also Imperial leaders who are scrambling to keep the Empire together.

12 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

After Andor, I would like Tony Gilroy and co. to create a Star Wars show set in the immediate aftermath of Endor. Scrap those awful Chuck Wending novels and do a tight, strong story that involves Mon Mothma again along with other Rebel leaders, but also Imperial leaders who are scrambling to keep the Empire together.

I'd love it.  

And lets be honest, Disney has never worried about canon in any other property.  They routinely change things to fit their current narrative in the MCU, so why not Star Wars?

ETA:  As I think about it, that would probably involve a bit more computer de-aging of a deceased actor and Mark Hamil than I really am comfortable with though.  :dunno: 

12 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I'd love it.  

And lets be honest, Disney has never worried about canon in any other property.  They routinely change things to fit their current narrative in the MCU, so why not Star Wars?

ETA:  As I think about it, that would probably involve a bit more computer de-aging of a deceased actor and Mark Hamil than I really am comfortable with though.  :dunno: 

Yeah Leia would be a problem. I suppose they could focus again on the little people, the blue collar people, like they did in Andor.

42 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Yeah Leia would be a problem. I suppose they could focus again on the little people, the blue collar people, like they did in Andor.

Fuck that, let's go big.

Focus on the First Order. Focus on the imperial remnant fighting against the New Republic. Show us more about how on earth they were able to gain so much power and how they exploited the Republic's weaknesses. 

11 minutes ago, Kalnestk Oblast said:

Fuck that, let's go big.

Focus on the First Order. Focus on the imperial remnant fighting against the New Republic. Show us more about how on earth they were able to gain so much power and how they exploited the Republic's weaknesses. 

Can we get a young Snoke origin story where Darth Maul slips him out from under the Republic's nose by hiding him under his robe?

OOOOOH EDIT FOR AWESOMENESS!!!!  What if... and hear me out here... what if this is before Maul gets his metal legs and he literally balances his torso on young Snoke's shoulders and the two of them wind up being as tall as one Republic officer in a cloak????!!!????

6 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Can we get a young Snoke origin story where Darth Maul slips him out from under the Republic's nose by hiding him under his robe?

OOOOOH EDIT FOR AWESOMENESS!!!!  What if... and hear me out here... what if this is before Maul gets his metal legs and he literally balances his torso on young Snoke's shoulders and the two of them wind up being as tall as one Republic officer in a cloak????!!!????

For a second there I thought you'd go all Thunderdome.

Archived