The single most unsung hero of the series: Mirri Maaz Duur

Tyrosh Lannister

2 hours ago, astarkchoice said:

Nope if all knowledge was gathered 7k years ago

Definitely not what I said and you know it. Planetos as a whole is stagnating, there's progress but it's slow, very slow. If even the knowledge seeking maesters from the oldest university of planetos with thousands of years are very slow to progress, how much progress do you think that the lamben shoveling pellets did in the last hundred years? 

2 hours ago, astarkchoice said:

Nope asshai trades and has visitors  like normal cities man,like any other city  people who sell.apples or can unplug toilets are just as welcome as though who know dark magic

"Normal" visitors with money to pay the exorbitant price of food and water perhaps, or ones that can provide useful services, not bringing primitive lamb knowledge that's already known nor birthing babies since there are no children in Asshai. What services can Mirri provide besides helping with the application of horrible blood magic practices she learned there?

3 hours ago, astarkchoice said:

Theyd want her knowledge as much as shed want theirs (bear in mind even modern scientests are always looking into backward tribes herbs and cures for new medicines etc) plus she may have already picked up  her dothraki medical kniwledge, moonsinger spells and maester knowledge on top of the lambmens knowledge before asshai thus has a wealth to share.

And how much has any of these groups progressed in the last hundred years, do you think? If they are finding new stuff every other day, why the hall is planetos still so backwards, why is Westeros still a feudal place despite 8000(or whatever) years passing after the long night?

Soooooo  what? at most she studied bloodmage stuff for a while and has spent her life saving lives

Sooo what? Why did she even want to learn such knowledge in the first place? Marwyn I can understand, if he indeed has, he's a Maester and not just any master but an Archmaester and the one that specializes in the study of magic, Valyrian steel mask and rod.

Why the f would she be hiding? She hasnt commited any warcrimes nor is bloodmagic even outlawed, more looked down on ...hell the biggest religion we know of in planetos (fire worship) seems to be ok with  human sacrifices!

She probably crossed someone she shouldn't. 

46 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Definitely not what I said and you know it. Planetos as a whole is stagnating, there's progress but it's slow, very slow. If even the knowledge seeking maesters from the oldest university of planetos with thousands of years are very slow to progress, how much progress do you think that the lamben shoveling pellets did in the last hundred years? 

"Normal" visitors with money to pay the exorbitant price of food and water perhaps, or ones that can provide useful services, not bringing primitive lamb knowledge that's already known nor birthing babies since there are no children in Asshai. What services can Mirri provide besides helping with the application of horrible blood magic practices she learned there?

And how much has any of these groups progressed in the last hundred years, do you think? If they are finding new stuff every other day, why the hall is planetos still so backwards, why is Westeros still a feudal place despite 8000(or whatever) years passing after the long night?

Sooo what? Why did she even want to learn such knowledge in the first place? Marwyn I can understand, if he indeed has, he's a Maester and not just any master but an Archmaester and the one that specializes in the study of magic, Valyrian steel mask and rod.

She probably crossed someone she shouldn't. 

Well she has more knowledge than just the lambmen as we covered plus when it comes to herbs/potions id say the nomads covering a vast area probably know a lot and add in that a connection to nature/earth as nomads would have  etc seems to be a troupe for knowing  powerful magics etc

Normal visitors arent bringing a wealth of outside magics ,rituals herb,potion lore 

Why wouldnt she want to understand sucking out death to make life ? Or how dark magics work and thus how to combat them? or maybe just expand her overall knowledge of the human body and magics overall

Or not

15 hours ago, astarkchoice said:

Well she has more knowledge than just the lambmen as we covered plus when it comes to herbs/potions id say the nomads covering a vast area probably know a lot and add in that a connection to nature/earth as nomads would have  etc seems to be a troupe for knowing  powerful magics etc

All those knowledge would be known in Asshai as we covered, unless you suggest they are publishing papers every other month.

15 hours ago, astarkchoice said:

Normal visitors arent bringing a wealth of outside magics ,rituals herb,potion lore 

And neither is Mirri.

1 hour ago, Corvo the Crow said:

All those knowledge would be known in Asshai as we covered, unless you suggest they are publishing papers every other month.

And neither is Mirri.

Why would they be known in asshai? The witches and wizzards there would only know their own stuff and thats it, unless they have had similar visitors before  and  recorded all they taught then no they wouldnt know any of it .....and even then if they did lets say   theres  a magic learning/ harry potter like structure there with  libaries and such  then they'd STILL want any current updates of that exotic lore and/or a live proponent of those foriegn arts rather than learn from dead scrolls!!! And in return they happily teach their own dark arts

1 minute ago, astarkchoice said:

Why would they be known in asshai? The witches and wizzards there would only know their own stuff and thats it, unless they have had similar visitors before  and  recorded all they taught then no they wouldnt know any of it .....and even then if they did lets say   theres  a magic learning/ harry potter like structure there with  libaries and such  then they'd STILL want any current updates of that exotic lore and/or a live proponent of those foriegn arts rather than learn from dead scrolls

Because Asshai gets "visitors" of all kind from all the corners of the world and not all these visitors are mighty mages or tradesmen some, or rather most I suspect, since all kind of abhorrent practices are allowed, are slaves. And do you know who makes the best slaves? Lambmen. Lhazareen are like the Slavs of our world, they made quite a name for themselves as a famous slavish people. In fact GRRM should have capitalised on that by making the word slave in the languages of that corner of the world come from the name of lambmen but since he added no languages an oppurtunity wasted.

31 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Because Asshai gets "visitors" of all kind from all the corners of the world and not all these visitors are mighty mages or tradesmen some, or rather most I suspect, since all kind of abhorrent practices are allowed, are slaves. And do you know who makes the best slaves? Lambmen. Lhazareen are like the Slavs of our world, they made quite a name for themselves as a famous slavish people. In fact GRRM should have capitalised on that by making the word slave in the languages of that corner of the world come from the name of lambmen but since he added no languages an oppurtunity wasted.

Many lambmen might vist but a rare few would be their  healers and very very few of those  would also know dothraki magics and herbs, biology from a maester and spells from the jogos ngai! 

1 minute ago, astarkchoice said:

Many lambmen might vist but a rare few would be their  healers and very very few of those  would also know dothraki magics and herbs, biology from a maester and spells from the jogos ngai! 

All of that knowledge would be long known through other visitors.

4 minutes ago, astarkchoice said:

Unless.written down and formaly taught then no it wont be !  ...and even then who'd want to learn from.an old scroll when a live up to date source of that exotic lore is right there?

And where do you think is the place that has the oldest known written records in Planetos? Andalos where the lying savages who believe in the Falsehoods of the Seven lived? Asshai has scrolls over 5000 years old.

7 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

And where do you think is the place that has the oldest known written records in Planetos? Andalos where the lying savages who believe in the Falsehoods of the Seven lived? Asshai has scrolls over 5000 years old.

Feel we are going in circles  here (or  pentagrams)  even if they had all those various cultures exotic spell ,herb , magic lore etc ..every little.piece and it was somehow all both  easily accessible.and unfaded with time ,. like anyone they would STILL prefer to hear it from a live source  for various reasons!

23 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

That is an uncalled for attack on the Faith! :angry:

The guys carve stars on their heads, I don't know if that's not savage, what is. As for the rest, they lie even about their own looks and the faith is nothing but falsehoods, they have no magical godlike powers unlike Old Gods and Red Rahloo.

15 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

The guys carve stars on their heads, I don't know if that's not savage, what is. As for the rest, they lie even about their own looks and the faith is nothing but falsehoods, they have no magical godlike powers unlike Old Gods and Red Rahloo.

The Seven Gods are aliens so...

11 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

s there a theory like that? I've never seen it would like to take a look.

There is but I don't have it bookmarked. But I definitely have seen it.

I think the gist of it was that since the Faith was associated with the sky and stars and stuff when the Seven came down from heaven according to myth, it was aliens. There was also something about a crown made of stars and the Church of Starry Wisdom.

3 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

There is but I don't have it bookmarked. But I definitely have seen it.

I think the gist of it was that since the Faith was associated with the sky and stars and stuff when the Seven came down from heaven according to myth, it was aliens. There was also something about a crown made of stars and the Church of Starry Wisdom.

So they are actually a cult of lunatics worshipping aliens?

Archived