2023 College Football

DireWolfSpirit

After being spurned by Kiffin, Auburn has now hired Hugh Freeze as HC. Their fans don’t seem too thrilled, and I can’t blame them. Yes, Hugh is a very good football coach and an offensive innovator who beat Saban twice with inferior rosters. He’s also a well-documented scumbag and weirdo with a bad habit of DMing strangers on Twitter, including…alleged sexual assault victims:

Ian McCaw is Liberty’s AD. If that name rings a bell, he’s the same dude who oversaw the Art Briles years at Baylor. Truly “Jesus-like.” :rolleyes: I guess Auburn will stoop to any level if it means a chance to beat Alabama.

I do think the rankings should probably be

Georgia v TCU

Michigan v tOSU

However, I do believe the committee will pull whatever shenanigans it must to try their damndest to get that UM/tOSU match up in the championship.

I think we do all need to acknowledge the elephant in the room though… if we scheduled TCU v Bama on a neutral site, Vegas would have the Tide as a 14 point favorite at the least.

This is one of those years where Georgia should likely just be the champion and we don't need a playoff. I don't see Michigan or Ohio State competing reasonably, and TCU is there because they're more deserving, not because they're better. 

Edited by Kalnestk Oblast

5 hours ago, Kalnestk Oblast said:

This is one of those years where Georgia should likely just be the champion and we don't need a playoff. I don't see Michigan or Ohio State competing reasonably, and TCU is there because they're more deserving, not because they're better. 

Hey at least let us Michigan fans enjoy the pregame activities!

Realistically, Michigan has a shot but only if its like a 7-10 gap at halftime. They have proven all year to be able to make in game adjustments, but yeah, I don't have urge to bet on them.

If Michigan has to play osu again at least it will have been earned on their part.

Its a playoff not a coronation.

Let the games play out, you never know with injury possibilities and so forth, who will be left standing.

On paper and by the analysts, everyone is crowning Georgia already, so naturally im obliged to root for the Goliath to be slain!

Cincinatti hires Scott Satterfield away from Louisville... and all you need to know about that is that Cardinal fans are happy to see him go.  :lol:

I'll be stunned if its not Jeff Brohm replacing him at the @#%&hole on the Ohio River.

Michigan looks better than they were last year.  Georgia looks about the same (perhaps a bit better on offense and worse on defense).  Michigan was outclassed by Georgia last year, but I think it'll be a lot closer if they both make the championship.  Georgia would still be the favorite, but you can't just pencil them as champs quite yet. 

10 hours ago, Rhom said:

Cincinatti hires Scott Satterfield away from Louisville... and all you need to know about that is that Cardinal fans are happy to see him go.  :lol:

I'll be stunned if its not Jeff Brohm replacing him at the @#%&hole on the Ohio River.

During the B1G championship the announcers talked about Brohm and Louisville and said he turned them down once already to stay at Purdue.

10 hours ago, Maithanet said:

Michigan looks better than they were last year.  Georgia looks about the same (perhaps a bit better on offense and worse on defense).  Michigan was outclassed by Georgia last year, but I think it'll be a lot closer if they both make the championship.  Georgia would still be the favorite, but you can't just pencil them as champs quite yet. 

I tend to agree that Michigan looks better this year. They shouldn't have that deer in the head lights look like last year. Losing Corum could haunt them against Georgia. Having him and Edwards is like Dallas having Zeke and Pollard. Pollard is more explosive and a better catcher but you need that bell cow to balance it out.

8 hours ago, dbunting said:

During the B1G championship the announcers talked about Brohm and Louisville and said he turned them down once already to stay at Purdue.

He did five years ago, but he was halfway down I65 to take the job last year when the UofL president told the AD she wasn’t paying anymore buyouts.  Satt stayed.  The AD quit.  And about a week later the president left for Penn State.

When I call it a @#%&hole on the Ohio River, I’m really not exaggerating.