Which locations that have yet to be seen will play an important role in the story ?

Westeros, Essos and the World of Ice and Fire as a whole are so vast and rich in diversity that it's impossible that we could see even a good portion of them via the eyes of the P.O.V characters.

As such there are many places whenever they are kingdoms, regions, islands, cities, villages or other locations that remain unseen in the main series. 

But as TWOW and ADOS come it's certain that at least several locations that haven't been visited yet by the POV characters are going to be visited and play a role in the rest of the story. 

Which are these places, which you think shall be visited by the POW and play an important role in TWOW and/or ADOS ?

- The House with the Red Door - hinted at through the fuzzy memory of a child, but never actually seen

- The Tower of Joy - hinted at through Ned's fuzzy dream-memories, but never actually seen.

- The Isle of Faces, in the Gods' Eye - what's the deal with this spot anyhow?

- The caverns below Winterfell - we have only seen the near/ upper crypts.

- Skagos.

- The Bogs of the Neck.

- Storms End -- IIRC, we've only seen it from the outside so far.

- The Iced-over lake from Mel's vision - will probably be the God's Eye.

- Hardhome - we've heard about it, but not been there yet.

Isle of Faces and The Hightower.

the Isle will be visited, most likely by Bran through the Weirwoods where he’ll meet the Green Men. Who I think are an entirely different people than the Children. Perhaps the predecessors of the Children who may have come to Westeros from Essos (ifequevron). 

The Hightower’s base is made from the same stone as the cities of Asshai and Ying, as well as the Five Forts and the Seastone Chair. The fact that Euron is planning some kind of massive, blasphemous blood magic ritual in the battle for Oldtown makes me think it’ll be important. I think he may steal the horn from Sam and blow it atop the tower. Perhaps being the one to shatter the Wall in the hopes of becoming the next Night’s King.

9 minutes ago, KingEuronGreyjoy said:

Isle of Faces and The Hightower.

the Isle will be visited, most likely by Bran through the Weirwoods where he’ll meet the Green Men. Who I think are an entirely different people than the Children. Perhaps the predecessors of the Children who may have come to Westeros from Essos (ifequevron). 

The Hightower’s base is made from the same stone as the cities of Asshai and Ying, as well as the Five Forts and the Seastone Chair. The fact that Euron is planning some kind of massive, blasphemous blood magic ritual in the battle for Oldtown makes me think it’ll be important. I think he may steal the horn from Sam and blow it atop the tower. Perhaps being the one to shatter the Wall in the hopes of becoming the next Night’s King.

Hightower foundations and five forts made from same material - fused black stone.

Asshai and sea stone - oily black stone

Different materials.

43 minutes ago, Tyrosh Lannister said:

Hightower foundations and five forts made from same material - fused black stone.

Asshai and sea stone - oily black stone

Different materials.

Not necessarily. I wrote a post on this subject about a year ago:

But I digress. Another vote here for the Isle of Faces. Tower of Joy and Summerhall not so much, because their importance is in the past. I would love to find out what happened there, but we don't need to go there to learn that.

I would also love to see Asshai. But I"ve read that the Martin stated that none of the book will take place there, much to my disappointment.  Yi Ti, Leng, the other Free Cities, the crannogs ... really, any place that he wants to write about, I'm sure I'll enjoy reading.

Archived