What if the Others Were Just Trying to Find Their Hero.

Corvo the Crow

I think they are looking for the Prince that was Promised. But promised to whom? To the Others. As Craster offers his sons to them, I’m think in the age of heroes a Stark was offered to them, and then was stolen before they could take him. And the reason the Others attacked humanity was because the Starks stopped offering their sons to them. A Prince of Winterfell.

The last time they came they could've wiped First Manity but didn't, they eventually returned back to their lands of always winter. They built a wall and the Westerosi paid for it, it was probably done to mark the lands that belonged to them but illegal migrants, namely wildlings, crossed that wall to live on their side and being benevolent as they are, White Walkers still didn't commit mass murder like the kind that was done by the hotheaded lunatics i.e. Valyrians did, they maintained a cool head. When they met Waymar Royce, they didn't kill him immediately because he looked Stark. The group that we saw was probably a delegation sent by Others to solve the problems through peaceful means but they killed Waymar when they deducted that he wasn't a Stark, they probably thought of him someone impersonating as a member of their old friends, the honorable Stark family, they couldn't stand idle against such disrespectful behaviour. Benjen who is thought to be missing is probably with the White Walkers right now, after they found out that he is a Stark, but very ignorant of their shared history, they are probably teaching him all about it so that they can negotiate with him and struck a new bargain, probably sealing their renewed alliance with marriages.

Edited by Corvo the Crow

On 11/27/2022 at 6:40 PM, Corvo the Crow said:

Title. Who is to say that Planetosal warming is not threatining their way of life and even lives so they set off on a journey to find their hero whose very name gives a person shivers, Snow and they are sending wights because they can’t come themselves, it’s too hot for them. 

They're intelligent beings who would have heroes.  That is Jon Snow.  The lord commander who was prophesied to turn his back on the Wall and let them pass.  Jon is the opposition to Azor Ahai. 

49 minutes ago, Bowen 747 said:

They're intelligent beings who would have heroes.  That is Jon Snow.  The lord commander who was prophesied to turn his back on the Wall and let them pass.  Jon is the opposition to Azor Ahai. 

The Wall is made of ICE, so it must've been Others property to begin with. As for Azor Ahai, he really doesn't seem like a chill dude, he's so hot headed he kills his wife over the fact that his attempts to forge a sword failed. Definitely not a cool guy, being the opposite of him would be a good thing.

• 3 months later...

A lot of major shifts have happened to the global Planetosi magic in addition to the warming: the Doom of Valyria just 300 years ago and Bloodraven becoming the Three-Eyed Crow being some of the largest for the White Walkers. I think Melisandre being an active force in Westeros is a threat to them, not to mention whatever Dany did to the global magic system that glass candles are working. They definitely need to defend themselves, though I don't know why they would be making their presence known, essentially pre-empting a defense. Maybe they are indeed searching for a Stark hero: maybe he's Benjen. I just don't know why they wouldn't just stay in the Lands Beyond Winter other than that Melisandre has been actively coming for them for 5 years or so in a way no other Red Priestess had before.