Your ASOIAF Hot Takes

King_Tristifer_IV_Mudd

1 hour ago, KingEuronGreyjoy said:

Renly was 100% worse than Stannis and his rule would’ve probably set the precedent of constant wars over the throne.

2 hours ago, The Red Prince said:

Renly has a lot of blame upon his shoulders for all the carnage in the war of the five kings, since if he just supported his brother like he should the war would be done in less than a year

I don't know if these qualify as hot takes or not since most people I've read online would agree. But if Renly sided with Stannis the Tyrells wouldn't necessarily join him in which case the war isn't just over like that.

Ah I love these threads! I’ll start with two big ones:

1. Littlefinger is the least well-written character in the series, and in the show he devolved further into a cartoon villain.

2. Daemon is extremely overrated by fans of both the books and the show. Even Matt Smith’s performance is overrated: he’s good, but people act like he’s Anthony Hopkins and Daniel Day-Lewis combined.

1 minute ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

1. Littlefinger is the least well-written character in the series, and in the show he devolved further into a cartoon villain.

2. Daemon is extremely overrated by fans of both the books and the show. Even Matt Smith’s performance is overrated: he’s good, but people act like he’s Anthony Hopkins and Daniel Day-Lewis combined.

I disagree on Matt Smith but respect your opinion. I think him, and the guy who played Viserys were/are amazing. Same with the guy playing adult Aemond. 

5 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Show LF makes me giggle. I think he has quite thick plot armour (in show and book). Hopefully this will make his eventual fall more satisfying to read.

25 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Partially Agree, he isn't as well written as some think(same goes for Varys) but still good, as for the show, yeah he definitely went that way.

26 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

25 minutes ago, KingEuronGreyjoy said:

I disagree on Matt Smith but respect your opinion. I think him, and the guy who played Viserys were/are amazing. Same with the guy playing adult Aemond. 

Book Daemon was cool I think, show Daemon was, well, cartoonish and bad and over acted. I really don't like Doctor Who but I liked Matt Smith's Doctor and enjoyed the seasons he was in. Well, to be honest it was partially(the bigger part) because those included Karen Gillan(who really could've been a good Sansa now that I think of it) but liked his Doctor.

7 hours ago, Craving Peaches said:

I don't know if these qualify as hot takes or not since most people I've read online would agree. But if Renly sided with Stannis the Tyrells wouldn't necessarily join him in which case the war isn't just over like that.

They wouldn't have needed the Tyrells if Robb had declared the North and Riverlands for Stannis. Then with Renly on hand, that means the Stormlands join in too. Plus Loras would never abandon Renly, and I doubt Mace would ever risk getting his son killed, so he'd likely sit it out and wait to see who became king. The Vale just does what it does before, and Tywin's stuck dealing with three and a half regions of Westeros without any allies.

Archived