How much like his father do you think that Tyrion will become ?

Of all of Tywin's children Tyrion has always been the one who was in fact the most like his father, having inherited of Tywin's cunning and political intelligence, and having a mean streak and willingness to use dirty means to reach his goals, as seen with his use of wildfire at the Battle of the Blackwater and falsely threatening Tommen to keep Cersei from going against (though he had no intention of doing it as he loves his nephew, though Cersei in her paranoia believed it anyway) though nowhere near his father's level of ruthlessness and spite. 

However since finally reaching his breaking point at his trial and learning the truth about Tysha, Tyrion has become much darker and more vindicative in his personality, resulting in him killing Shae and his father, and seeking revenge against his family and treating prostitutes in Essos far more cruelly that he did back in Westeros.

Ironically this makes him even more like his father, especially in the cruelty and spitefulness areas, even though Penny has a positive influence and has helped him from going too far yet. But it's clear that without other persons to exert positive influence and serious soul searching and character development that Tyrion isn't going to back down from his darker path and that the ressemblance between him and Tywin is only going to increase in the next books.

But how much Tywinesque do you think that Tyrion will become over the course of the next two novels ? Where do you think that he will stop ? How much more brutal and ruthless do you think that he will become ?

Barring a sudden physiological change of his body, I'd say he's already his father's son.Joanna thinks as much as we see him do things Tywin would undoubtedly have done in his stead (bard stew, shipping off Janos, et al). We don't process it as much until we get Jaime's POV and his talk with Joanna, but it's been there all along. 

He was always tywins real.heir ..the old.fool.was to blind to see the man to keep casterly rock strong was.right there in tyrions small frame even after his sucess at kings landing.

Hes bitter and he has every right to be  hes learned about his 1st wife, the brother he adored lying,his beloved whores betrayal, his seeming ally varys betrayl, the trial , murdering his dad , the peoples lack  of grattitue for what be did 

On 12/1/2022 at 11:09 AM, Elizaveta said:

I've seen some theories that GRRM is planning on Tyrion's villain arc to take place in future books. The way he treats prostitutes is enough to put him in the immoral characters' list for me.

How much dark do you think he will be then ? 

What kind of reprensible actions could you see him doing ?

On 11/29/2022 at 7:03 PM, Universal Sword Donor said:

Barring a sudden physiological change of his body, I'd say he's already his father's son.Joanna thinks as much as we see him do things Tywin would undoubtedly have done in his stead (bard stew, shipping off Janos, et al). We don't process it as much until we get Jaime's POV and his talk with Joanna, but it's been there all along. 

It's Genna, Joanna was Tywin's wife and Jaime, Cersei and Tyrion's mother. 

See the big difference between Tywin and Tyrion personality wise, is Tyrion wants to be loved. That grounds him a little more to humanity in my book. Tywin only helps people when it's practical and it either gives him power or helps him keep onto power.

Archived