The Crimes of Cersei Lannister

Craving Peaches

47 minutes ago, sifth said:

The bigger question is, are there any type of crimes she hasn't committed yet?

Theft, Reset, Robbery, Malicious Mischief, Mobbing and Rioting, Breach of the Peace, Piracy, and Culpable Homicide are the common law crimes I can think of off the top of my head. Plus various statutory offences that aren't applicable to Westeros.

51 minutes ago, sifth said:

It should say something, when the only decent thing she's done for others, that's I can think of, it's refusing to close brothels.

Yes, she's not very nice. I know some people feel sympathy towards Cersei but I can't. She's a baby murderess.

2 hours ago, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

Possibly rape if her relation with Taena is anything to go by, also parental neglect and abuse, and complicity in inhuman scientific experiments. 

Well, there was definitely an intent to rape, but didn't Taena show instant consent?

1 hour ago, Craving Peaches said:

I mentioned treason, but what exactly was she conspiring to do? I know she conspired to have people murdered, was there anything else?

Pretty sure she tortured the hell out of the Blue Bard, to the point that she drove him mad.

23 minutes ago, sifth said:

Pretty sure she tortured the hell out of the Blue Bard, to the point that she drove him mad.

Yes.

1 hour ago, Arthur Peres said:

maybe conspirance means something diferent from what I think it does... english is not my first language.

Where I live, when talking about conspiracy as a crime, it has to be a conspiracy to do some specific criminal act. I don't think you could just be charged with 'conspiracy', it would need to be 'conspiracy to commit x', but it might be different in other places.

8 hours ago, Aebram said:

Is adultery a crime in Westeros?

It may be, but it could also fall under treason.

6 hours ago, Gilbert Green said:

I'm uncertain about whether the crime of child murder or attempted child murder has ever definitely been traced to her, though of course, there are suspicions.

I believe Varys confirms that she had two twins at Casterly Rock killed, and she also has Barra killed by Alar Deem if I recall correctly.

What's the point of this thread? I could for example start another thread called "The crimes of Tyrion Lannister" and the list would include "rape, pedophilia, abuse, mass murder, arson, mass destruction, war instigation, torture (because he allowed Joffrey to do it to the Antler's men), treason, political murder, accessory to cannibalism, patricide, uxoricide, threats of violence, etc." and I could make a list of crimes that would make Tyrion look even worse than Cersei.

Do you realize now how pointless this whole topic is? No matter what list of crimes you come up with, it doesn't change the fact that Cersei is very, very far from being the worst person in ASOIAF and she actually has justifiable motives behind her actions unlike a lot of other characters you could do this topic about and her overall kill count isn't particularly high either considering that she is literally a monarch who rules over millions of subjects. Her crimes could be summed up with "murders and tortures a few people around her" which when you consider the fact she rules over millions of subjects is not impressive at all.

Archived