What’s for dinner? Part 9

Fragile Bird

4 hours ago, Wylla Manderly said:

Regarding the spices I think ground ginger or ground nutmeg could work well. Or add some chopped nuts or almonds or coconut flakes. Almond butter also could work.

Almond butter gives me ideas, mostly related to cashew butter which I'd better stay away from. I could easily eat a jar of the stuff in one sitting. But almond butter is a bit safer! Nice but not manna-from-heaven nice. 

Haven't tried chopped dried peach before BFC, I'll give it a go. 

On 2/24/2023 at 7:33 PM, BigFatCoward said:

Going to a proper nice restaurant tomorrow, and the executive chef has a really famous signature dish, which I would always default to. However its sounds fucking rank if I'm perfectly honest. 

Pierre Koffmann Trotter with chicken mousse, veal sweetbreads and morels. Yakky. 

Posted this.

Didn't post a review.

Didn't tell us which restaurant.

Didn't tell us what food you had.

Have a word with yourself :box:

6 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

La Tante Claire? 

Not for a long time, Koffmann is the executive chef though, Its called the muddy duck in Oxfordshire. Its the weirdest place I've been in my life. There's a monitor above the urinals and when you are having a piss an alien crawls up the wall and stares at your junk.

They are having to close the restaurant as there is a crisis with staffing in the industry. 

None of my companions would order the trotter which was inconsiderate as fuck as I wanted to try it. I had the beef welly, it was fucking delightful. 

I made dinner tonight. Had several chicken tenders and mashed potatoes with country gravy. I feel gosh darn good I ate about eight chicken tenders. Yummy!! And there’s a plate of leftovers. I might start eating a plate of leftovers for breakfast because I happen to dislike food for breakfast and breakfast food itself. Never do I eat breakfast. I need to jump on it because it’s the most important meal of the day which curbs the appetite and makes weight loss possible. I need to most importantly eat when I need to. And I like big dinners and lunches. I love restaurants as well. I feel like changing my life and I need to start somewhere :P

On 3/11/2023 at 2:39 AM, dog-days said:

Breakfast suggestions. I have a bowl of supermarket saver's muesli every morning with hot soy milk, a chopped banana and large amounts of cinnamon. Despite having it every day for *cough* three years, I still really like it. But I'm thinking I could experiment a bit more with the flavours. 

I'd swap out the cinnamon for cardamom, but UK supermarkets rarely sell ground cardamom, just the pods. And though I'm devoted to the cult of breakfast to the point that I shudder with horror when people tell me they skip it, I'm not going to stand in a freezing kitchen every morning grinding cardamom pods into powder. 

Ideas about what else I could try while still sticking with the muesli + hot alt milk base? 

And yes, this post is peak Guardian lifestyle pages. 

I do something similar with oatmeal, for many years - a few of the change-ups I’ve done for flavor:  peanut or almond butter, pumpkin spice, cocoa, or additional fruits like dried cranberries or dates, walnuts or pistachios. Added for nutrition: flax meal, chia seeds.  Recently, I’ve been fairly lazy and just been adding a scoop of flavored protein powder (vanilla) that tastes pretty great on its own.

1 hour ago, VigoTheCarpathian said:

I do something similar with oatmeal, for many years - a few of the change-ups I’ve done for flavor:  peanut or almond butter, pumpkin spice, cocoa, or additional fruits like dried cranberries or dates, walnuts or pistachios. Added for nutrition: flax meal, chia seeds.  Recently, I’ve been fairly lazy and just been adding a scoop of flavored protein powder (vanilla) that tastes pretty great on its own.

Vanilla would be a great addition. Makes me think about getting a little genuine vanilla and heating it in the milk...

• 2 weeks later...

Have a bottle of Austrian "Asparagus Wine" to go with dinner.  This isn't wine made from asparagus -- as if all you knowledgeable didn't know that already -- but a wine that is drinkable early, and considered a spring wine.