Indiana Jones and the Slipped Disk

Myrddin

I was into it until the last scene. Tired of seeing great heroes of yesteryear being brought back as comically inept geriatrics.

Indie in the originals was like James Bond, the epitome of cool and confidence. No doubt in this version we'll see him constantly being humiliated cause that's what we do to our heroes nowadays.

9 minutes ago, Fez said:

They appear to be entering hyperspace at 1:08. The crossover finally occurs!

I thought that was quite a cheeky little moment. Funny.

The deaging effect was really impressive, but apparently ILM has been working on some new stuff to push the boundaries of what they can do. Then again, it was just a brief snippet.

13 minutes ago, Darryk said:

I was into it until the last scene. Tired of seeing great heroes of yesteryear being brought back as comically inept geriatrics.

I don't know what Indiana Jones movies you've been watching, but his occasional  bumbling of something was always part of the character, like the initial exchange with the German giant:

And

That last scene in the trailer is literally just putting Indy at the other end of the joke that began in Raiders and was continued in Temple of Doom above. It's a funny reference!

13 minutes ago, Darryk said:

Indie in the originals was like James Bond, the epitome of cool and confidence.

You have definitely forgotten the comedic beats of these movies.

Edited by Ran

4 minutes ago, Ran said:

The deaging effect was really impressive, but apparently ILM has been working on some new stuff to push the boundaries of what they can do. Then again, it was just a brief snippet.

It almost never looks good when the actor needs to fight though. It's why I could never take The Irishman seriously.

I'll watch this because Raiders is a top five movie to me, but I am not excited about it.

26 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Looks fair.  But I'm sure I felt like the Crystal Skull trailer looked good at the time too. :dunno: 

For reference, here's the first trailer for that:

It's hard to make an honest comparison, knowing how bad that movie turned out. But, to me, it's a pretty comparable trailer to this new one.

There's a good movie to be found within Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - and that movie is called Indiana Jones and the Riddles of the Lost Gods, a fabulous fan edit that, I will argue to the end, dramatically improved the movie. There's also a lot to enjoy in Indy 4, including John Williams' masterful scoring work - particularly The Departure, which makes excellent use of counterpoint to heighten tension and the fantastical qualities of the scene. 

I dont care of its horrible. I'll still go see it at least once. And then decide later on if I want to watch again 

I didnt mind Crystal Skull, but I dont think it has a high rewatch factor.

Edited by Jaxom 1974