The Rise and Fall of Kanye West

Mr. Chatywin et al.

The first black president - who went out of his way to be nice to almost every single person in the world, including many who wanted him dead - called him a jackass thirteen years ago.  He's been a joke to basically everyone I've ever interacted with at least since then.  There are two (relatively) very funny South Park episodes explaining how much he's a joke.  I vote we stop talking about this person.

1 hour ago, DMC said:

The first black president - who went out of his way to be nice to almost every single person in the world, including many who wanted him dead - called him a jackass thirteen years ago.  He's been a joke to basically everyone I've ever interacted with at least since then.  There are two (relatively) very funny South Park episodes explaining how much he's a joke.  I vote we stop talking about this person.

I feel I've a grasp on this pov. Entirely understandable. 

Is it like, is this a formal invocation? 

If it is, I'd like to argue that are a lot of reasons to discuss if anyone wants to. I don't know everything about the situation, but there's no way Ye didn't get to wherever he got before this without having a lot of people care about what he said with his music. 

I got a Ye track I can't get rid of.

But this, like what the fuck. Full blown, straight up antisemitism. His bit wasn't about Netanyahu as a representative of the Israeli state but as a Jew. The theories he espouses.

You'd rather him not have an audience, but Ye has one. Will he lose enough to go away? 

I mean, I don't know. Am I morbid? I find it horribly fascinating. These profiles. Elon.

Now Ye.

An artist who has hit the pavement many times and at many aspects of life. And heights. Not entirely new behavior for him either. This harder embrace though, its like he's been red pilled or something. 

I know it's gossipy. I don't care.

Just.

What in the fuck.     

2 minutes ago, JGP said:

Is it like, is this a formal invocation? 

Not sure what this means.  All I'm saying is I don't care about Kanye West, have never cared about Kanye West, and I suggest others stop caring about Kanye West.

1 minute ago, DMC said:

Not sure what this means.  All I'm saying is I don't care about Kanye West, have never cared about Kanye West, and I suggest others stop caring about Kanye West.

I meant it dryly, but fair enough yo. 

It's not like he didn't warn us. We all thought Black Skinhead was a brilliant and edgy metaphor. Turns out it was about, well, a black skinhead.

And no, this cannot be blamed on mental illness. Once you reject treatment and help, you no longer have the option as using it as a shield.

36 minutes ago, Gorn said:

And no, this cannot be blamed on mental illness. Once you reject treatment and help, you no longer have the option as using it as a shield.

Tell us you know nothing about Bipolar Affective Disorder without saying you know nothing about Bipolar Affective Disorder.

Right now, Kanye West feels like King of the World. He will be physically buzzing and rushing like he's on the best class A drugs he's ever had. He does not believe he is ill.

From his diagnosis in 2003, until he got sectioned in 2013, my brother rejected any form of medication. He said he enjoyed the 'fizz' of his condition, and didn't want to end up doped to the eyeballs.

When he inevitably got sectioned, it came after two weeks of him pissing into half-a-dozen buckets in the garden (for science), claiming to be Doctor Who, accusing me of trying to kill him with the Olanzapine that he absolutely refused to take. He was also refusing food and drink, again, because he was convinced I was trying to kill him.

The police had to come and take him to hospital. The cunts were going to taze him because he wouldn't come out of his bedroom, but that's a different story altogether.

We don't often talk about his month in hospital. Chops says being sectioned was the worst experience he's ever had. The consultant psychiatrist who admitted him told the family it was the worst case of mania he had ever seen.

Since then, he has taken his medication every single day.

And no more psychosis.

7 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Tell us you know nothing about Bipolar Affective Disorder without saying you know nothing about Bipolar Affective Disorder.

Right now, Kanye West feels like King of the World. He will be physically buzzing and rushing like he's on the best class A drugs he's ever had. He does not believe he is ill.

From his diagnosis in 2003, until he got sectioned in 2013, my brother rejected any form of medication. He said he enjoyed the 'fizz' of his condition, and didn't want to end up doped to the eyeballs.

When he inevitably got sectioned, it came after two weeks of him pissing into half-a-dozen buckets in the garden (for science), claiming to be Doctor Who, accusing me of trying to kill him with the Olanzapine that he absolutely refused to take. He was also refusing food and drink, again, because he was convinced I was trying to kill him.

The police had to come and take him to hospital. The cunts were going to taze him because he wouldn't come out of his bedroom, but that's a different story altogether.

We don't often talk about his month in hospital. Chops says being sectioned was the worst experience he's ever had. The consultant psychiatrist who admitted him told the family it was the worst case of mania he had ever seen.

Since then, he has taken his medication every single day.

And no more psychosis.

I fully understand that you love your brother and that you are willing to justify his actions. Kanye, however, is not my brother and I don't feel any need to make excuses for him.

80% of people with Bipolar Disorder take their medications, only 20% refuse them (link to the study). Personal choice exists even with mental illness. Kanye has plenty of people around him that can help him tell right from wrong and that are probably trying to help him right now. He is choosing not to listen to them.

And yes, I have acquaintances with Bipolar Disorder (who take their medications). I'm familiar with the illness.

Have to agree with Spocky here for the only time in my life.

I have also had people in my family with mental illness and this behaviour seems pretty familiar. The guy needs help and its very sad to see him like this, I don't think we should all be jeering at him, you wouldn't laugh at other people with mental illnesses or call them names for what they said.

You also wouldn't give them a platform to broadcast their thoughts around the world either.

I have no idea what the laws are in America but surely there must be something that can be done to get him help? What happens over there? From my trips to NY in the past I'm always gobsmacked at the way people with mental health problems are just left to wander the streets.

Archived