The Rise and Fall of Kanye West

Mr. Chatywin et al.

10 hours ago, Fire and Jace said:

Lol

Hey remember the time a person shot a pizzeria because Jones said it was used for child sex trafficking?

11 hours ago, Fire and Jace said:

Being the good guys means honoring ideals even when it's hard. 

This is basic good guy shit. Chamber of Secrets shit.

This is why I’m frustrated with American liberals.

If you put the incendiary tone and over the top performance aside, I actually agree with Jace that the involuntary commitment angle is questionable in this case. I do think he's unwell and he needs help, but his actions as a result of that aren't (that we're aware of) putting his physical well being in imminent danger. It can be simultaneously true that America's mental health care system is utter dog shit (and they're far from alone in this respect) AND that involuntary commitment/sectioning is frequently abused and a system fraught with its own abuse. Yes, sometimes its necessary but it should be avoided unless absolutely necessary and imminent physical danger to yourself or someone else are on a very short list of things that can contribute to it being necessary.

The harm Ye is doing (which, unlike some others in the thread I am not disputing) is something that falls in the criminal domain, not the mental health one. The *thing* which he is doing to others is hate speech and potentially associated incitement to violence etc, so either what he's doing there is sufficient to warrant criminal charges (possibly has met this bar in Germany?) or the relevant society has deemed that behaviour legal and it doesn't matter whether he's saying it in his right mind or not. The harm he's doing to himself is massive destruction of social connections to his ex, his kids, his audience etc and financial damage by destroying relationships with advertisers, along with potentially a bunch of regret etc down the line. All of these things are actions that people do while being of sound mind.

I think if this meets the criteria for involuntary commitment then there are a fuckload of people who are alcoholics, going through a divorce, or a bunch of other things that would also meet it.

Has anyone here actually made a straight up argument for "involuntary commitment?"  I know the thread went on a tangent more focused just on mental illness and everything and I kinda skimmed over a lot of it, but...

Anyway, think it's pretty obvious and kinda goes without saying that decision shouldn't be determined by anyone in this thread, I don't care how many degrees you have.  I know many have said he needs help, which is, ya know, duh.  But that's really not the same.

There's been some direct conversation of whether he has the family that would normally be responsible for deciding to push for that, and the general conversation kind of implied it but I think you're right that no one is actually directly saying it should happen.

I'll leave my post there as a general comment on the subject but the advocacy for it may well be a flaming straw-Jace.

Nah, you motherfuckers were discussing "what needs to be done" with the urgency and tone as though he took a Mossberg into a movie theater and started shooting. 

Fuck your straw Jace

Guy is a fucking doucheclown and a racist. HopefulYE Ye put he MonYE in trustYE accountYEs 

When I make fun of a crazy motherfucking sub-villain (I mean he ain't no Trump) I don't feel the need to patronize the fuck out of him and pretend I'm concerned about his mental well-being instead of imagining some just desserts for a demonstrably asinine individual.

So that's the thing I hate about liberals these days, Varys. The ass faced holier than thou act that is used to veneer every other sentence you people feel compelled to write around buzzwords and compassionate sentiment completely at odds with your broader message:

Make this man go away

15 minutes ago, Fire and Jace said:

Make this man go away

And so, M Jace, what are you doing on that front? 

More seriously, as Jace is the antithesis of serious, in our city this advocacy of involuntary commitments of homeless demonstrating mental derangements has become a public argument as that is what the clownmayor has decreed should be done.  It does not address the underlying cause of so much derangement among the homeless, which is HOMELESSNESS.  Just as his idea for dealing with the rat overload is to appoint a 'badass' killer of rats, without addressing the cause which is the massive lack of street sanitation due to the those outdoor dining shacks and street cleaning and pickup and sanitation.

11 minutes ago, Zorral said:

And so, M Jace, what are you doing on that front? 

More seriously, as Jace is the antithesis of serious, in our city this advocacy of involuntary commitments of homeless demonstrating mental derangements has become a public argument as that is what the clownmayor has decreed should be done.  It does not address the underlying cause of so much derangement among the homeless, which is HOMELESSNESS.  Just as his idea for dealing with the rat overload is to appoint a 'badass' killer of rats, without addressing the cause which is the massive lack of street sanitation due to the those outdoor dining shacks and street cleaning and pickup and sanitation.

Well Kanye isn't homeless.

Anyway, I think that if homelessness offends (it does me) then one should be willing to pay to resolve the offense. 

So I say take all that state money Bezos has stolen back and use it to subsidize some building contractors. Cheap, affordable, housing isn't impossible. There's so much land in this country our masters stole. 

Steal it back :)

And if you're so bent outta shape that the masters stole the land from natives, well, that sounds like natural allies. :)

11 minutes ago, Fire and Jace said:

And if you're so bent outta shape that the masters stole the land from natives, well, that sounds like natural allies. :)

Speaking solely as a Canadian and what my nation's been building over the last 150+ years... Trust is a gargantuan roadblock to this point.  

4 minutes ago, JGP said:

Speaking solely as a Canadian and what my nation's been building over the last 150+ years... Trust is a gargantuan roadblock to this point.  

That just means greater value from successful cooperation. Buuuunch of red states that would look mighty fine as independent allies of the Reconstituted States of America. 

Not gonna get that deal from the Reds playa. Just gotta hit 'fuck it' first. And that day is nearer every hour, judging from what our friends on the fascist right are up to.

2 hours ago, Fire and Jace said:

So that's the thing I hate about liberals these days, Varys. The ass faced holier than thou act that is used to veneer every other sentence you people feel compelled to write around buzzwords and compassionate sentiment completely at odds with your broader message

LOL, your too school for school act is the most pathetically patronizing of all, posing as if all us motherfuckers do not have the sense and moral fortitude to understand your righteous wisdom.  All you do these days is smell your own farts.

34 minutes ago, DMC said:

LOL, your too school for school act is the most pathetically patronizing of all, posing as if all us motherfuckers do not have the sense and moral fortitude to understand your righteous wisdom.  All you do these days is smell your own farts.

Nothing about me is righteous. I'm just right about this. 

Your enemies will kill for power. Your allies can't even get a traitor's tax returns. Won't even try to get his conviction and testimony. 

10 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Why is it in every thread that we long-termers here get accused of weak and flabby moral celery?

Cuz Jace thinks she's Che Guevara when all she does is ramble nonsense or self-evident platitudes like the crazy person on the street.

If i saw someone dressed like Kanye was during that disgusting bit of performance theater on that disgusting show run by that disgusting fuckwad, I'd either cross the street or prepare myself for a fight.  Fuck Kanye, and every other troll like him. 

Re:  Do these comments cause an increase in antisemitic violence - 125% increase in NYC antisemitic hate crimes in November- NYPD:

Antisemitic hate crimes across New York City's five boroughs more than doubled last month from a year ago, New York Police Department (NYPD) data revealed on Monday. The concerning rise unfolded against a backdrop of high-profile figures making headlines for remarks targeting Jews. 

There were 45 hate crimes motivated by antisemitism in November versus 20 in November 2021, according to the NYPD data. 

Archived