Anti-Dragon Weapons

Craving Peaches

A well-placed scorpion bolt can bring down a dragon, but this requires an insane amount of luck. Would Brandon Snow's weirwood arrows have been any good? And what about the book 'The Death of Dragons' locked in the Citadel? So far, the thing we've seen to be most effective against a dragon appears to be another dragon. 

What options do people going against dragons have? What would be the best strategy to bring down these beasts? Is there a technique to downing dragons that has yet to be revealed?

And on the other hand, what can Daenerys do to defend her dragons against these tactics?

I think magic is the best way to take them down. Tying that to Brandon’s idea, I’m not sure if weirwood arrows by themselves can do anything but I have a tinfoil theory that if a greenseer is in the weirwood arrow itself and it strikes a dragon It would allow the greenseer into the dragon’s mind.

8 minutes ago, KingEuronGreyjoy said:

I think magic is the best way to take them down. Tying that to Brandon’s idea, I’m not sure if weirwood arrows by themselves can do anything but I have a tinfoil theory that if a greenseer is in the weirwood arrow itself and it strikes a dragon It would allow the greenseer into the dragon’s mind.

Maybe the ice aligned weirwood and the fire aligned dragon are incompatible with each other and that's how the arrows could work?

Dragon killing ideas 

1)valyrian steel weapons such as arrowheads or scorpion bolts ...maybe laced with posion too

2)posioned meat left out  or dieased with many of sothyros worst diseases2

3)lucky trebuchet shot

4)magics of various kinds probably were used before .....outside qarth danys riders  for example found a dragon skeleton so im assuming the warlocks at the height of their powers helped take one down!! Maybe rohynr or dragonbinding horns

5)warging (sorta magic i know) to take control of one mid flight an cause a death plunge into the ground

6)get them.near water and use the krakken binding horn! Let them fight!!!

7)the others insanely sharp and strong sounding weaponry

8)sheer numbers.using confined spaces or  in open wafare  the use of multiple deep trenches , small forts , natural caves ...maybe divert small.stream so plenty of water then use sheer volume of arrows, scorpiom bolts ...finalt  when  grounded finish with  massed brave men  with heavy weapons like heavy battleaxes, maces .warhammers, double handed swords etc 

9).rigging a large  building to collapse and getting them.inside it

10)wildfire if it truely explodes  may harm them (or they may be utterly fire resistant) also if they arent totaly fireproof (which they probably arent otherwise they wouldnt breathe fire at each other when fighting)  then get them coated in the ibbenese whale.oil that they use for oil lamps and burn them to ash

11) giant with scaled up bow and arrow

12) serious sacrifical sex with a shadowbinder to create something that can kill a dragon the way mel.killed renly

13)somehow causing a giant  series of volcanic explosions has worked before

14) sheer arrow volumes maybe ensuring the bows are weirwood, dragonbone or summwr islander wood ...all three saod to give amazing range etc ....and again where possible v.steel arrowheads

6 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

I really want to see Dragon vs Kraken battle...

Id say itd depend.on who ambushes.who 1st

If the krakken is up out of water attacking a ship say  and the dragons sweeps in blasts with flame and  then sweeps in like a hawk itl  prob kill the krakken quick

Flipside if dragon flying over water and suddenly gets wrapped up in krakken.arms.in suprise ambush  the sheer shock and weight combined means the beast will be probably be  drowned quick

25 minutes ago, maesternewton said:

Yes. Weirwood bows are probably one of the things that can kill dragons.

I am of the belief that Skinchangers can warg into weirwoods and control them with their minds, giving them the necessary accuracy to hit moving targets.

To be fair if you are a skinchanger and you wanted a dragon dead youd  probably  just warg it mid flight and make it  dive full.speed at the ground!!! Even attempting to get into the beasts mind will probably completely distract it mid flight

8 hours ago, astarkchoice said:

To be fair if you are a skinchanger and you wanted a dragon dead youd  probably  just warg it mid flight and make it  dive full.speed at the ground!!! Even attempting to get into the beasts mind will probably completely distract it mid flight

I don't think skinchanging into a dragon would be remotely easy to begin with. 

We already see that it's a bit difficult to skinchange into a normal animal, imagine trying to skinchange into a giant monster like a dragon. 

1 hour ago, maesternewton said:

I don't think skinchanging into a dragon would be remotely easy to begin with. 

We already see that it's a bit difficult to skinchange into a normal animal, imagine trying to skinchange into a giant monster like a dragon. 

True.but it might distract them.enough so they crash violently or hold still for some lovely scorpion bolts 

Archived