Football: Does Infantino have a Time Turner?

Corvinus85

19 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Didn't watch the Brazil game. Heard Allison made multiple saves, why was he substituted?

I imagine Tite just wanted to give minutes to weverton

Also, Tite joining the dance is content.

I'm just really enjoying that in a team full of open right wingers the only outspoken anti-Bolsonarite is the man, and for France Benzema missed the tournament by beautiful happenstance and Giroud's just go-karting him into irrelevance.

1 minute ago, Raja said:

Also, Tite joining the dance is content.

Trying to get on Van Gaal's level. 

3 hours ago, Rorschach - 2 said:

He's at Spurs now, his glory days are behind him.

Hopefully his success will engender some kind of dressing room-destabilizing pissing contest between him and a certain Victorian chimney sweep.

On 12/4/2022 at 3:41 PM, Consigliere said:

It's the copium that a good number of Americans seem to have (not our regular American posters on this thread who have a good understanding of football i.e. @Mexal, @Mark Antony, @MercenaryChef, @Corvinus85 and @Inigima although Inigima hasn't been around for a while). Athleticism isn't all that important in football.

why thank you for putting me in the list of Americans who understand football. :)

the intelligence, the ability to anticipate, the on the field decision making, the instinct... those things cannot be made up for by strength, size,  speed and athleticism. 

11 hours ago, MercenaryChef said:

why thank you for putting me in the list of Americans who understand football. :)

the intelligence, the ability to anticipate, the on the field decision making, the instinct... those things cannot be made up for by strength, size,  speed and athleticism. 

And my question remains: why not both?

The insinuation that elite basketball and American football players aren't also required to do this is frankly insulting. 

8 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Is it fair to say that a sport which uses feet instead of hands requires an inherently higher level of skill? 

And a sport where your every decision is pretty much made for you before you even carry out the action.  NFL surely requires less decision making ability than any other sport on earth.  Every step is mapped out for you in advance.   The whole match is basically a free kick/corner routine. 

11 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Is it fair to say that a sport which uses feet instead of hands requires an inherently higher level of skill? 

Well here in 'Murica the most common belief is that the hardest thing in sports is hitting a round ball with a round bat. Nevermind that you hardly have to do much else in said sport.

I'm not even sure what Ty's argument is anymore. 

Is it that eleven players with the physical profile of your typical NFL player are going to wipe the floor with eleven players built like Messi? 

'Cos that's just horseshit. 

I suspect those big lumps would be made to look like mugs pretty quickly. 

6 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

I'm not even sure what Ty's argument is anymore. 

Is it that eleven players with the physical profile of your typical NFL player are going to wipe the floor with eleven players built like Messi? 

'Cos that's just horseshit. 

I suspect those big lumps would be made to look like mugs pretty quickly. 

I think his argument is you should look for players who are both, however its not like the great athletes are ignored.  When superb technical players are super athletic as well (Henry and Mbappe) it can be a sight to behold, its just that despite it being far and away the most popular sport on earth, those people are few and far between.  You can't just train up someone who is 6ft4 and absurdly quick to have the technical ability to play football, but you probably could to be wide receiver or running back due to the specific nature of their tasks. 

Archived