Football: Does Infantino have a Time Turner?

Corvinus85

It would be the most football thing ever if Portugal wins this World Cup, with Ronaldo being alienated from the team, yet his fanboys label him as the GOAT confirmed forever.

While Messi is being shat on for not winning it despite playing his heart out for Argentina and reminding us what was actually like watching him in his prime. 

59 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

So Morocco is the surprise team of the tournament. Japan second. Both won their groups, with Japan doing it against Spain and Germany. But Morocco is now in the quarterfinals.

I have a few quid each way at 125/1. Half the odds if they get to the final. 

There is a thing (or there used to be) where the WC was always won by a team from the host continent. 

As the Middle East isn't really a continent, I took a punt on the best team from the region. 

Think they're now about 20/1.

I also had a fiver on Morocco to win on pelanties today. 

2 hours ago, Darryk said:

I know you're supposed to root for underdogs but naff me Morocco are boring. If it's them vs Switzerland in the QF then I'm skipping it.

Most of the time I'd agree, but personally: Spain's style of game drains the life out of game much worse than Morocco's. Very high ball possession (65-75% or even higher) with endless passes back and forth, left and right, up and down coupled with quite a few actual opportunities to score. Opponent's ability to do anything is limited due to low ball possession. It leaves me bored to watch and just hoping for the game to finally end with whichever score.

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

I have a few quid each way at 125/1. Half the odds if they get to the final. 

There is a thing (or there used to be) where the WC was always won by a team from the host continent. 

As the Middle East isn't really a continent, I took a punt on the best team from the region. 

Think they're now about 20/1.

I also had a fiver on Morocco to win on pelanties today. 

Aside from Brazil winning in Sweden in 1958 and in Japan/Korea in 2002, it was true until 2010, since then they’ve all been won by European teams regardless of where it’s held.

Edit: and Argentina winning in Mexico depending on if you count that as different continents or not

Portugal missing Ronaldo as much as we do when he's not playing, I see. 

3 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

Edit: and Argentina winning in Mexico depending on if you count that as different continents or not

If you count Argentina and Mexico as the same continent you should could Germany winning in South Africa as the same continent tbh. 

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Family sweepstake is looking good. I have Portugal, wife has France and daughter has England. Pretty good odds we make it to the final, unless my creepy brother in law fucks it up with Morocco. 

Nice!

I'm feeling good in my work pool now. All my knockout picks so far went through. In group stage, we picked 2 from each group and I missed four: Mexico, Denmark, and Canada (had to do it), and Uruguay.

Archived