The Crimes of Tywin Lannister

Craving Peaches

5 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Poor choice of title if you ask me. It should’ve been “Crimes not committed by Tywin” I’m having a hard time to find any!

Technically, I don't think he has taken anything by force or stealth, or retained anything acquired through those means*, nor has he engaged in any fraudulent activity. He also hasn't formed a mob, assaulted anyone himself, killed someone accidently, or embezzled funds.

*I'm not counting spoils of war. The Ice situation perhaps.

1 minute ago, Craving Peaches said:

Technically, I don't think he has taken anything by force or stealth, or retained anything acquired through those means*, nor has he engaged in any fraudulent activity. He also hasn't formed a mob, assaulted anyone himself, killed someone accidently, or embezzled funds.

*I'm not counting spoils of war. The Ice situation perhaps.

He took Tysha by force and fArya is fraud. 

13 hours ago, Craving Peaches said:

Murder, Rape, Extortion, Breaking the King's Peace, what we would now consider War Crimes, Failure in Duty of Care as a parent...

Anything else?

Rank hypocrisy, because while Tywin was punishing his son for sleeping with prostitutes, Tywin had a whole secret tunnel built so he could get some on the side.

His actions setting up the Red Wedding is a serious crime. Marrying Sansa against her will is pretty bad, though not technically illegal. Taken together, I'd argue these two things are an attempt at ethnic cleansing. Speaking of which, are there any more Reynes or Tarbecks? No. Tywin murdered them all. Again. Ethnic cleansing.

4 hours ago, Floki of the Ironborn said:

Is Ice a joke to you?

I think I mentioned it in an earlier comment. Put a little asterisk. But, correct me if I am wrong, Tywin himself did not steal it, someone else took it and then he kept it, so rather than theft he would be possessing a stolen item, knowing it to be stolen. So it would be reset instead.

6 hours ago, Nathan Stark said:

Rank hypocrisy, because while Tywin was punishing his son for sleeping with prostitutes, Tywin had a whole secret tunnel built so he could get some on the side.

He even has planted his seeds

"In the gutters and the ditches, and in common ground where only bastard weeds take root.” Marei is one we know of.

I'd put torture on that list. He employs people like The Tickler.

He also employs and rewards some of the nastiest and evil characters in the series, which makes him an accessory, for many of their crimes.

Archived