“Monsters” that really did nothing wrong.

King_Tristifer_IV_Mudd

7 hours ago, Craving Peaches said:

So it's not okay for the Andals to forcefully convert people to the FotS, but the First Men are allowed to kill all the people of one religious group because?

Because those andals are killing the first men , destroying their gods (weirwoods) and forcefully converting them

Yes the first men did the same thing with the COTF and if the COTF genocided them all it's fine 

2 hours ago, Arthur Peres said:

I don't see Theon Stark as a monster...

He is just a warlord, not much diferent from Cregan Stark... just more competent.

I don't think there is a "monster" in the series that did nothing wrong... I think is easier to find nice guys that never did anything wright.

How was Cregan incompetent? IMO Cregan was one of the most competent Starks in the series

Viserys Targaryen. I know he was horrible to Dany and not fit to be head of House Targaryen or King of Westeros. 

But he was dealt such an unfair blow at only 8yrs old. He was old enough to remember what life was like when the Targs ruled Westeros and he was there to see his whole family die unlike Dany. 

He was left with a newborn and the name Targaryen to protect at only 8yrs old. I feel nothing but sympathy and anger for Viserys Targaryen. He was never a monster, he was a child that had his life ripped away and family murdered. 

He along with Catelyn are the most justifiable characters in this story. Their rage, pain, and hatred is just. 

4 hours ago, Arthur Peres said:

I don't see Theon Stark as a monster...

He is just a warlord, not much diferent from Cregan Stark... just more competent.

I don't think there is a "monster" in the series that did nothing wrong... I think is easier to find nice guys that never did anything wright.

Case in point, Edmure Tully, a genuinely sweet young man who nevertheless is a hopeless fuckup.

5 hours ago, The Wolves said:

Viserys Targaryen. I know he was horrible to Dany and not fit to be head of House Targaryen or King of Westeros. 

But he was dealt such an unfair blow at only 8yrs old. He was old enough to remember what life was like when the Targs ruled Westeros and he was there to see his whole family die unlike Dany. 

He was left with a newborn and the name Targaryen to protect at only 8yrs old. I feel nothing but sympathy and anger for Viserys Targaryen. He was never a monster, he was a child that had his life ripped away and family murdered. 

He along with Catelyn are the most justifiable characters in this story. Their rage, pain, and hatred is just. 

Viserys is just as bad as Joffrey but not as bad as Ramsey orthe Mountain (hes not a kinslayer, though he was prepared to be)

Catelyn is not a just person, shes a spiteful woman who takes her resentment out on Jon, looks down on people like Briene and Mya Stone, commits treason against her own son on the word of a man with no honour and badgers her husband into allowing her to have a sept in the centre of the old gods worshipping north

the two are not remotely comparable

7 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

I’m not sure what Rhaenyra did to become “Maegor with teats.” Raise taxes? She executed some lords, but all kings do that, why would the smallfolk care? 

Because she is just as cruel as Maegor was ?

Look at her track record:

She gave birth to three bastards that complicated the sucession.

Then she ordered Daemon to behead Vaemond and feed his corpse to the dragons.

In the incident with Aemond, she wanted her half brother to be torture.

She authorized the Blood and Cheese incident.

She tortured Tyland Lannister.

She made the commoners so desperate that they marched against dragons... not even Cersei pushed things this far.

She was paranoid and turned on several of her allys like she did against Daemon, Maidenpool and the Velaryons.

Archived