“Monsters” that really did nothing wrong.

King_Tristifer_IV_Mudd

1 minute ago, Arthur Peres said:

Because she is just as cruel as Maegor was ?

Look at her track record:

She gave birth to three bastards that complicated the sucession.

Then she ordered Daemon to behead Vaemond and feed his corpse to the dragons.

In the incident with Aemond, she wanted her half brother to be torture.

She authorized the Blood and Cheese incident.

She tortured Tyland Lannister.

She made the commoners so desperate that they marched against dragons... not even Cersei pushed things this far.

She was paranoid and turned on several of her allys like she did against Daemon, Maidenpool and the Velaryons.

I'm not clear why the smallfolk cared about any of it

we know they attacked the dragons but why did they do that

Just now, Craving Peaches said:

There could have been anyone. No way to tell. But the whole thing repeats itself. First Men invade. Andals invade. Targaryens invade. So it may well be that the CotF and Giants invaded as well.

if so the children destroyed all trace of the previous society

It could happen (In my own setting the Elves were the fifth wave of sapient civilisation)

1 hour ago, Arthur Peres said:

She made the commoners so desperate that they marched against dragons... not even Cersei pushed things this far.

She was paranoid and turned on several of her allys like she did against Daemon, Maidenpool and the Velaryons.

Everything before Tyland happened before she took the city though, when the people were happy to welcome her as their rightful queen. And like I said before, what do the commoners care if some nobles from distant houses are killed? So it basically just comes back to taxes.

49 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Everything before Tyland happened before she took the city though, when the people were happy to welcome her as their rightful queen. And like I said before, what do the commoners care if some nobles from distant houses are killed? So it basically just comes back to taxes.

I’m sure they cared when the Shepherd was doing his preaching. And I’m sure the Shepherd was just spewing Green Propaganda to stir the small folk up.

7 hours ago, Arthur Peres said:

None of that earn her that moniker tho. And she definitely didn't authorize the Blood and Cheese incident.

Not that I agree with the rest but that's the most noticeably.

On 12/6/2022 at 9:30 AM, Craving Peaches said:

Finally, if the Andals had it coming for what they did to the First Men, the First Men had it coming for what they did to the Children of the Forest and the Giants, and the Targaryens had it coming for what they did to the people of Westeros.

Exactly, someone always has it coming. 

5 hours ago, Alden Rothack said:

Theres no evidence for the Children and they did definitely exist

There are multiple records by Maesters at the Wall detailing exactly what the Night's Watch was trading with the Children for a long period of time.  Detailed lists.  Sam found those while going through the Wall's library.

5 hours ago, Ring3r said:

There are multiple records by Maesters at the Wall detailing exactly what the Night's Watch was trading with the Children for a long period of time.  Detailed lists.  Sam found those while going through the Wall's library.

Theres detailed lists of stuff in the Illiad and thats a work of fiction written many centuries later

evidence of the childrens existence such as bones and such are lacking despite old bones being ten a penny in the real world

On 12/8/2022 at 1:47 AM, Alden Rothack said:

Theres detailed lists of stuff in the Illiad and thats a work of fiction written many centuries later

evidence of the childrens existence such as bones and such are lacking despite old bones being ten a penny in the real world

Last I checked, the Maesters were not a collection of poets who wrote entertainment-fiction.

3 hours ago, Ring3r said:

Last I checked, the Maesters were not a collection of poets who wrote entertainment-fiction.

don't be so sure

the lack of direct evidence of the childrens existence is odd to say the least

bones should be everywhere, tools too unless the First Men reused them to an implausible degree

On 12/7/2022 at 12:39 AM, Alden Rothack said:

Viserys is just as bad as Joffrey but not as bad as Ramsey orthe Mountain (hes not a kinslayer, though he was prepared to be)

Catelyn is not a just person, shes a spiteful woman who takes her resentment out on Jon, looks down on people like Briene and Mya Stone, commits treason against her own son on the word of a man with no honour and badgers her husband into allowing her to have a sept in the centre of the old gods worshipping north

the two are not remotely comparable

Viserys is not as bad as Joffrey because he never had the tools, power, or cruelty that Jeffery had access to. Also Joffrey was a 13yr old boy and Viserys a 23yr old man. It took the murder of his whole family, the fear of being murdered, and keeping a toddler alive to break Viserys. Joffrey was born and made into a evil little pissant. 

Catelyn IS justified turning into Lady Stonehart. She deserved NOTHING that happened to her or her family. I don’t like her much either but this woman was done wrong. I hope she kills every single Fray, Lannister and their allies she comes across. 

20 hours ago, Alden Rothack said:

don't be so sure

the lack of direct evidence of the childrens existence is odd to say the least

bones should be everywhere, tools too unless the First Men reused them to an implausible degree

I mean, you're saying this, but you're intentionally not counting the evidence.  There are inventory records of exactly what you're talking about - dragonglass daggers and arrowheads that the Children regularly gave or traded to the Night's Watch.

That, and the numbers of the Children were always very low, even when they were in their prime, so I don't see why a race that hasn't lived South of the wall in any measurable number for something like 4-6 thousand years would have skeletons all over.

There are also the skeletons of giants that have been found with the weapons of the Children lodged in their bones and such, evidence left-over from their war.

7 hours ago, The Wolves said:

Viserys is not as bad as Joffrey because he never had the tools, power, or cruelty that Jeffery had access to. Also Joffrey was a 13yr old boy and Viserys a 23yr old man. It took the murder of his whole family, the fear of being murdered, and keeping a toddler alive to break Viserys. Joffrey was born and made into a evil little pissant. 

Viserys was bad even before Aerys's death and just as bsd or worse to his kin as Joffrey

Catelyn IS justified turning into Lady Stonehart. She deserved NOTHING that happened to her or her family. I don’t like her much either but this woman was done wrong. I hope she kills every single Fray, Lannister and their allies she comes across. 

Every frey and Lannister would include people like Roslin Frey and Joy Hill and Robb loyalists like Ser Perwyn, young Olyvar and Alexander who the Freys specifically excluded from the wedding and Catelyn knows it

2 hours ago, Ring3r said:

I mean, you're saying this, but you're intentionally not counting the evidence.  There are inventory records of exactly what you're talking about - dragonglass daggers and arrowheads that the Children regularly gave or traded to the Night's Watch.

That, and the numbers of the Children were always very low, even when they were in their prime, so I don't see why a race that hasn't lived South of the wall in any measurable number for something like 4-6 thousand years would have skeletons all over.

There are also the skeletons of giants that have been found with the weapons of the Children lodged in their bones and such, evidence left-over from their war.

There were never very significant numbers of any stone age people, that hasn't stopped skelatons from as much two hundred thousand years ago from being found

Archived