Will Euron reach his Apotheosis?

King_Tristifer_IV_Mudd

1 hour ago, KingEuronGreyjoy said:

Will Euron attain some form of godhood? Like becoming the next Night King or being the human vessel of the Great Other? Some other form of godhood?

or will he be driven mad by the spells he is attempting?

Euron seems to be stewing in all of the Lovecraftian elements of the story, and as such I think a fitting end would be the power-hungry wannabe-sorceror who does successfully bring the Eldtrich gods into the realm, but then is either consumed by madness, used as a puppet, ripped to shreds, etc. You got your gods, buddy!

I think he is already mad. That's the point of his lovecraftian persona: a dude who saw the face of evil and went mad, and has been acting accordingly ever since. Mostly I think that we will not be seeing him directly but the havoc he will create in the coastal cities and ports of Westeros. If Aeron is kept alive and we get his POVs I think they will be increasingly abstract and mind prints of a man going insane. 

And I believe he already thinks he has some godly nature. Doesn't need to attain it.

I have an inkling that his spell will be what leads to the Wall falling. The dead from his battle will be the sacrifice to get the magic “in the air” so to speak, and he’ll blow that horn of winter from the top of the Hightower. 

Personally, I would love it if he became the new Night King. Though I think Jon will become the Night King for a time, it’ll be how he is revived. He’ll lead the Others past the Wall, and eventually be freed by someone, possibly Dany (the Breaker of Chains) and I hope Euron takes his place.

Yes. Euron will second life Drogon, that's what his horn does. Drogon will change to reflect Euron as Euron wins dominion over Drogo inside of Drogon. Euron's second life of Drogon is the Great Stone Beast of Dany's HOTU vision and foreshadowed through many things and histories.

In the context of second lifing/skinchanging the person's characteristics, abilities and bloodline impact on the finished product. The changes that will occur to Drogon after Euron second lifes it will occur gradually over time, they will be;

Stone - Before Euron second lifes he will get greyscale, it is the grey of his lips. The greyscale will doom his human life to death and thus provide him further motivation to try his horn. The Stone Beast will turn gradually to stone, until it becomes literally like a full statue that can not move.

Seaborne - Euron is Ironborn, salt water blood. His dreams of flying will be short lived as the Great Stone Beast will become water based and gradually lose the ability to fly. The Stoem God may have a hand in grounding him, striking him by lightning, Tyrion on Viserion may battle him. It will become Kraken like more so than conventional dragon. It will stay local to the Trident before turning fully to the sea. Aeron will second life a Leviathan and in the sea Aeron and Euron in both their godly second lifes will battle, Kraken vs Leviathan, and Aeron will defeat Euron and drag him to the bottom of the ocean where he'll be like a sea slug crawling on his belly eating shit, the Drowned God's revenge. He will become like a stone labyrinth at the bottom of the sea, but with Euron's living soul ruling it from the centre.

Shadow Breath - Regular dragons breath fire, but that is fuelled by the soul of the person who second lifes them. Euron's soul is rotten, putrid, and so his Stone Beast will not breathe fire, it will breathe what I'll term shadowscale. Shadowscale will be a disease people can catch by having the Stone Beast breathe on them (and maybe from other infected people). It will have certain special effects that people may desire, including making the Others ignore you (because you'll be cold and to them dead), and so it will be thought by some to be a saviour. But it will also allow the Stone Beast some psychic control of them and make any child born of them a Stone Beast's thrall, they will become Euron's army and he will rule them from the bottom of the Narrow Sea plotting attack and revenge on the land and those who cast him down. And so it's a false saviour, a lie that needs to be slain.

Euron will bind the horn to him by sacrificing his own child, he will attempt to use Dany's child but she will not be able to carry a child of his long in her womb, so he will instead end up turning to Arianne as the next best source of dragon blood to carry the child. With his horn bound he will blow it atop of Storm's End, Euron himself as detailed, Arianne's water Rhoynar blood and the magics woven into the stone of Storm's End will all factor into creating the Stone Beast.

Eventually in the end game Dany is going to come looking for her stone dragon to "wake from stone". The sea will run dry and the stone statues of gods the Dothraki cart back to Vaes Dothrak is a play on Euron's final form and foreshadowing what will happen, as the Dothraki are going to literally drag it to her.  Dany will cast Euron's soul from Drogon and melt his stone with her blood, and all those who had his shadowscale and were under his command will be cured, reborn even. Death itself will bend the knee to her, and Drogo will return to her as he was.

Euron will manipulate others.  That's what he does.  And anyone who he successfully manipulates will become an agent of Chaos and Death.

Apotheosis?  Of course not.  He is already a tool of dark forces.  Once he has served his dark ends, only hell awaits him.  He achieves apotheosis only to the extent that the dark god of Death and Chaos already possesses him and speaks through him.

27 minutes ago, the Other Wolf said:

Not sure if you are aware, but this is the book forum and this Night King character is not in the books.

Not yet. I don’t think the Night King exists physically currently. I think it exists as like the Great Other, or a spirit in the Heart of Winter.  And I think the Others are currently looking for it’s human vessel. Personally I think the Others will use Jon’s body first, cuz he is the Prince that was Promised….to The Others. Then he’ll be freed, possibly by Daenerys, and will team up to defeat them in some fashion. I think Euron could possibly jump in there after Jon is freed and become the Night King aka the Vessel of the Great Other.

and F-off with the condescending attitude m8

25 minutes ago, KingEuronGreyjoy said:

Not yet. I don’t think the Night King exists physically currently. I think it exists as like the Great Other, or a spirit in the Heart of Winter.  And I think the Others are currently looking for it’s human vessel. Personally I think the Others will use Jon’s body first, cuz he is the Prince that was Promised….to The Others. Then he’ll be freed, possibly by Daenerys, and will team up to defeat them in some fashion. I think Euron could possibly jump in there after Jon is freed and become the Night King aka the Vessel of the Great Other.

and F-off with the condescending attitude m8

Don't ye know, he who doth speaketh the content of the show be guilty of HERESY!!

On 12/6/2022 at 2:05 PM, KingEuronGreyjoy said:

Will Euron attain some form of godhood? Like becoming the next Night King or being the human vessel of the Great Other? Some other form of godhood?

Definitely think he's the next Night's King.  I really have to wonder who his queen will be.  There's some pretty significant foreshadowing in the first book that the Others may have started with a female....and the fact that we've seen NO females at all is very troubling.

I know it's not canon to the books, but in the show, the tome that Sam found which detailed the Long Night.....the cover of it certainly looked like a female Other.  Back then, there was a lot of speculation among fans that this was some kind of hint added by GRRM and I think that idea may still have merit.

27 minutes ago, Ring3r said:

Definitely think he's the next Night's King.  I really have to wonder who his queen will be.  There's some pretty significant foreshadowing in the first book that the Others may have started with a female....and the fact that we've seen NO females at all is very troubling.

I know it's not canon to the books, but in the show, the tome that Sam found which detailed the Long Night.....the cover of it certainly looked like a female Other.  Back then, there was a lot of speculation among fans that this was some kind of hint added by GRRM and I think that idea may still have merit.

I do think Euron will somehow bring Dany to heel for a time. But she’ll break free. And I think she’ll end up being the one that kills him after he becomes the Night King

On 12/6/2022 at 3:05 PM, KingEuronGreyjoy said:

Euron is already crazy.  Vic, Asha, Theon, Aeron are all enemies of his.  One of them will succeed in taking Euron out of the game.  Bran will be the evil incarnation of the Great Other.  Bran is as close to an evil god as you can get in A Song of Ice and Fire.  

54 minutes ago, Loose Bolt said:

Sansa is partly Stark (ice) and Tully (water) so she is better candidate as new Ice Queen than Dany who has very strong connection to fire.

I also think the Hightower lady is a strong candidate, though we have yet to meet her. Also a wighted Melisandre would be a possibility 

3 minutes ago, the Other Wolf said:

Well it is the BOOK forum and they are two different stories and there is a separate section to discuss show stuff where no one will mind if you combine the stories there.

True, but personally I don't find the show forum to be as thoughtful as the book forum. I only rarely invoke the show (I was critical of it even as early as Season 1 Episode 1), but I nevertheless do think it can be a helpful comparison on points sometimes. D&D may be idiots, but GRRM spilled more beans to them than anyone else. Conjecture about the books is impoverished without some ability to comment on where the show went.

Archived