U.S politics: You got knocked the Warnocked out:

Varysblackfyre321

1 hour ago, Martell Spy said:

Marjorie Taylor Greene: Capitol attack ‘would’ve been armed’ if I was in charge
Far-right congresswoman says the violent crowd would have won on January 6 if she and Steve Bannon had planned it

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/dec/12/marjorie-taylor-greene-jan-6-capitol-attack-armed-speech

So MTG supports sedition, coups, rape, murder and other anti-government and anti-democracy crimes.  Seriously, what a terrible human. 

3 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

Marjorie Taylor Greene: Capitol attack ‘would’ve been armed’ if I was in charge
Far-right congresswoman says the violent crowd would have won on January 6 if she and Steve Bannon had planned it

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/dec/12/marjorie-taylor-greene-jan-6-capitol-attack-armed-speech

Can't she be criminally charged for this? Given that the leader of the Proud Boys has already been convicted of sedition for his involvement on January 6th, isn't this kind of language in open support of said sedition?

And yes, I'm well aware that could she be charged is very different from whether she will be charged. I realize the latter doesn't seem likely (sadly). I'm just wondering (as a non-American) about the legal possibility of the former.

45 minutes ago, Ser Reptitious said:

Can't she be criminally charged for this? Given that the leader of the Proud Boys has already been convicted of sedition for his involvement on January 6th, isn't this kind of language in open support of said sedition?

And yes, I'm well aware that could she be charged is very different from whether she will be charged. I realize the latter doesn't seem likely (sadly). I'm just wondering (as a non-American) about the legal possibility of the former.

Some Republicans will want to make her Speaker for her remarks. That's where we are.

25 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

She's the Shadow Speaker, regardless though. Kevin will do the talking, but she'll be writing the script...

Probably. It's one of the few things though that could cause a few Republicans in the House to breakaway and join Dems on a unity ticket. Larry Hogan wouldn't make a bad Speaker as far as I can tell.

TPM Has Obtained Explosive Evidence Uncovered By The January 6 Select Committee

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/feature/a-plot-to-overturn-an-american-election

TPM has obtained the 2,319 text messages that Mark Meadows, who was President Trump’s last White House chief of staff, turned over to the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack. Today, we are publishing The Meadows Texts, a series based on an in-depth analysis of these extraordinary — and disturbing — communications. 

57 minutes ago, Zorral said:

TPM Has Obtained Explosive Evidence Uncovered By The January 6 Select Committee

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/feature/a-plot-to-overturn-an-american-election

To what point and purpose? Why are you people still hanging on every word of these incompetent fucksticks and their bottom-feeding political repackaging adverts?

Spoiler alert, Z. IT DON'T MATTER

You're smarter than emotional sinkholes. I know you are.

14 minutes ago, Fire and Jace said:

You're smarter than emotional sinkholes. I know you are.

I'm a citizen of the United States. It's my right to know. I'm an historian whose specialty is that of the United States. My duty, my obligation, my mission, is to record and to inform. Without us performing our duties Elvis Presley will die.

5 minutes ago, Zorral said:

I'm a citizen of the United States. It's my right to know. I'm an historian whose specialty is that of the United States. My duty, my obligation, my mission, is to record and to inform. Without us performing our duties Elvis Presley will die.

Zorral -- didn’t think you had a sense of humor; then, you stole my signature joke format! Genuinely funny.

:grouphug:

16 minutes ago, Zorral said:

History is for people with futures to use to recontextualize the events that brought them where they are. 

You an American baby, you ain't got no future. This is all there is and all there ever gonna be for you and me 

First Tranche:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/feature/mark-meadows-exchanged-texts-with-34-members-of-congress-about-plans-to-overturn-the-2020-election

~~~~~~

There wasn't a future since a baby, born into nuclear threat, overpopulation and eco-destruction.  So what?  In the end there's no future for anyone born, ever, in the past, including the father of (western) history, Herodotus (whom we still read, quote and argue about today), as well as the future, wherever they are.  Which is why Númenor got on such a hate for elves.:dunno:

27 minutes ago, Zorral said:

First Tranche:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/feature/mark-meadows-exchanged-texts-with-34-members-of-congress-about-plans-to-overturn-the-2020-election

~~~~~~

There wasn't a future since a baby, born into nuclear threat, overpopulation and eco-destruction.  So what?  In the end there's no future for anyone born, ever, in the past, including the father of (western) history, Herodotus (whom we still read, quote and argue about today), as well as the future, wherever they are.  Which is why Númenor got on such a hate for elves.:dunno:

That was a disturbing read.

I seem to recollect the 1/6 committee intends to hand its evidence over to the courts. Wonder if that means an R or five might not find themselves facing prosecution and imprisonment by this time next year? And in relation to that, just how large is the GOP House majority? If this 1/6 fiasco costs four or five R house members their jobs...

1 hour ago, Fire and Jace said:

History is for people with futures to use to recontextualize the events that brought them where they are. 

You an American baby, you ain't got no future. This is all there is and all there ever gonna be for you and me 

To know the future, we must know the darkness that came before.

54 minutes ago, Fire and Jace said:

This is spooky.

Nope. Didn't like that trip.

It wasn't spooky.

What's wrong with you lol

5 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

It's flabbergasting that MTG holds such sway and power and she's not even completed one full term in Congress. Q is a hell of a drug...

She is (or used to be, but I assume she still is) the biggest fundraiser in the House, apart from Pelosi.

Let's also remember Boebert tweeted out where Pelosi et al were hiding during the insurrection... Indictment? Nope.

19 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

She is (or used to be, but I assume she still is) the biggest fundraiser in the House, apart from Pelosi.

Nah, she isn't.  Among the top ten candidates this cycle, she ranks tenth.  Still impressively high, of course, but McCarthy outraised her over 2 to 1.  Should also be noted that her Democratic opponent (Marcus Flowers) outraised her, even though she still won in a blowout.  Which I suppose you could argue means she's the "biggest fundraiser" in that she generates more money for the Democrats than the Republicans.

15 hours ago, ThinkerX said:

That was a disturbing read.

I seem to recollect the 1/6 committee intends to hand its evidence over to the courts. Wonder if that means an R or five might not find themselves facing prosecution and imprisonment by this time next year? And in relation to that, just how large is the GOP House majority? If this 1/6 fiasco costs four or five R house members their jobs...

I think to the DOJ.  The DOJ will decide whether to prosecute based on the evidence.  The evidence the DOJ would like to prove mens rea, for e.g., Scott Perry, will be a contemporaneous text saying that he knew all the election frauds were lies.  Ideally multiple texts and statements.  I doubt the Paul Gosars of this world ever sent such texts because they straddled the borderline between line between fantasy, derangement, wish-fulfillment, opportunism, and cynicism.   

Look, these members betrayed their oaths, but I seriously doubt any of them will be indicted.  Being part of a political movement trying to overthrow the US constitution is protected by the First Amendment.  And, frankly, the vast majority of them have escaped political accountability in this cycle.  But that doesn't mean they have escaped it for ever.  

Surprised no one's mentioned USA Today/Suffolk's shock poll that has DeSantis up on Trump 56 to 33.  It's a pretty small sample of Republican primary voters, on 374, but I believe that's the first legit poll to have Trump losing the primary.  Morning Consult's primary tracker has a much larger sample, and there Trump is still leading 49 to 31. 

But even there DeSantis is catching up to Trump on favorability.  Trump still has the highest favorability at 75%, with DeSantis now at 66%.  Big difference though is DeSantis only has a 10% unfavorable compared to Trump's 24%.  The other most well known candidates - Cruz and Pence - already hold much higher unfavorables (20 and 33%, respectively) despite having favorables close to DeSantis (61 and 57%).

Archived