U.S politics: You got knocked the Warnocked out:

Varysblackfyre321

11 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Ah, and this mentality is why republicans lost in the midterms.

Most of America genuinely do still care about whether or not x political figure is the most good, or would be good for their loved ones.

Like actual policy matters more than who can put on the best clown shown to most voters

Holy fuck citation so needed. How much did walker lose by, and how does that translate to "most"?

I hope Cruz' daughter is OK, and I hope that Cruz himself, when he thinks about how he responded to the attack on Paul Pelosi, finds the sense of shame he abandoned years ago in favour of selfish ambition.

But I don't think he will.

7 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Especially when the counting went past a Tuesday?

And the way Trumpanistas want to fix that is only allowing voting on election day and demanding hand counts of all ballots?  How do you propose to hand count millions of ballots for multiple races in 4-5 hours… do tell?

4 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

And the way Trumpanistas want to fix that is only allowing voting on election day and demanding hand counts of all ballots?  How do you propose to hand count millions of ballots for multiple races in 4-5 hours… do tell?

Come on, Scot, it’s easy. They want to a start counting in the areas that favor their candidates and finish, regardless of any uncounted ballots in time for the late news. 

11 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

They do in fact hate the concept of democracy.

This has been a recurring motif of MAGA or at least maga adjacent republicans where they’re fall back is to bluntly demand voting be made harder.

6 hours ago, mcbigski said:

I told him US national politics is WWE without the spandex, thankfully for that bit at least.

This is everything that is wrong with US politics.  It should be boring.  That’s asshats like Trump think it is about “ratings” is nauseating.

22 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

This is everything that is wrong with US politics.  It should be boring.  That’s asshats like Trump think it is about “ratings” is nauseating.

Everything wrong with Maga republicans particularly. I saw people point to Kari Lake’s Twitter followers as proof she couldn’t have lost.

4 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Everything wrong with Maga republicans particularly. I saw people point to Kari Lake’s Twitter followers as proof she couldn’t have lost.

Lord save us from “low information voters” who think they are “high information voters”… “Dunning-Kruger” will be the death of us all…

33 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Brittney Griner has been released and is now actively heading back to the US.

In exchange for Viktor Bout.

As always, it's a tough moral calculus with these kinds of exchanges. But it's yet more proof of what a scumbag criminal state the Russian government is, that they'd use a trumped up marijuana charge to get the leverage to free someone like Bout.

Holy shit, this thread got ANGRY since I checked in yesterday.  Weird, because unless you are a DJT supporter, US politics got a lot brighter in the last few days. 

Even if you are a Republican who wants a ban on immigration, green energy, a national abortion ban, and the general Republican portfolio, you should celebrate RdS shining brighter, and DJT's star dimming. 

on culture war issues, RdS is a happy warrior.  Florida did actually enact a 15 week abortion ban, and is set to go further now.  He's anti-immigrant, anti-"woke", anti-transgender etc. etc.  And as a liberal I have to say that RdS is still better than the alternative because he didn't actively try to overthrow the constitution or call for its termination. 

I wonder about the possibility of a national abortion ban if he becomes President.  Obviously depends on numbers, especially in Senate with the two pro-choice Republican senators in Collins/Murkowski, but he may try to peddle the 15 week ban as a "compromise" just as he did in Florida.  I don't see how you get it past the filibuster tho. 

What is the actual lane for Cruz, Pence et al in the Republican 2024 primary?  The acceptable compromise between DJT and RdS who can keep DJT onside?

43 minutes ago, Fez said:

In exchange for Viktor Bout.

As always, it's a tough moral calculus with these kinds of exchanges. But it's yet more proof of what a scumbag criminal state the Russian government is, that they'd use a trumped up marijuana charge to get the leverage to free someone like Bout.

It is what it is. The pressure to get her back was intense and allowing her to continue to be a de facto PoW was not acceptable. Is it a fair trade? Obviously not, but it had to be done. 

8 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Near three points I believe and candidates like him(maga clowns)tended to lose in purple areas, and under perform in traditionally red ones. 

And this proves most people are in favor of policy over blind allegiance to party...how?

1 hour ago, Gaston de Foix said:

Holy shit, this thread got ANGRY since I checked in yesterday.  Weird, because unless you are a DJT supporter, US politics got a lot brighter in the last few days. 

Even if you are a Republican who wants a ban on immigration, green energy, a national abortion ban, and the general Republican portfolio, you should celebrate RdS shining brighter, and DJT's star dimming. 

on culture war issues, RdS is a happy warrior.  Florida did actually enact a 15 week abortion ban, and is set to go further now.  He's anti-immigrant, anti-"woke", anti-transgender etc. etc.  And as a liberal I have to say that RdS is still better than the alternative because he didn't actively try to overthrow the constitution or call for its termination. 

I wonder about the possibility of a national abortion ban if he becomes President.  Obviously depends on numbers, especially in Senate with the two pro-choice Republican senators in Collins/Murkowski, but he may try to peddle the 15 week ban as a "compromise" just as he did in Florida.  I don't see how you get it past the filibuster tho. 

What is the actual lane for Cruz, Pence et al in the Republican 2024 primary?  The acceptable compromise between DJT and RdS who can keep DJT onside?

I think DeSantis is far more dangerous than Trump- he's probably more electable and this more likely to actually enact the misogynistic, xenophobic, kill the poors, bigoted shit being amped up by the right.  

Archived