U.S politics: You got knocked the Warnocked out:

Varysblackfyre321

4 minutes ago, Durckad said:

GA just prefers werewolves over vampires generally.

Also, I don't know how many of you have noticed that gas and eggs are more expensive now. I guess Democracy has failed and we have to do a fascism now. Also, eggs and gas are more expensive because trans people exist. Or something. I haven't gotten the latest talking points read the latest report from Conservative Eagle Patriot MAGA News about why that is, but Tucker says it's true so it must be.

Gas has dropped in price in my little slice of paradise in California.  But we're a blue state so that sucks, I guess.

3 minutes ago, Kalnestk Oblast said:

I did, and you haven't responded with anything substantive.

No you didn’t.  I never contended or implied  100% of people who voted for Warnock did so for non-party affiliated reasons. 

I contend the majority of voters care more about a candidate’s quality and policies than the clown show theatrics of maga.

7 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Roe was always… a good result… poorly reasoned (even RBG agreed with that).  

Holding that State Legislatures may regulate elections completely unchecked by other branches of Government is a step well beyond reversing Roe.  I think they’ll get Thomas and Alito… not sure about the rest.

Read the transcript last night and agree with you. Odds are like 60-75% the Petitioners will lose.  

They'll get Alito and Gorsuch for sure. Thomas has a like 15% chance of concurring in the result.  I think Roberts writes for the court and holds a 6-3 or 7-2 court for a relatively narrow decision.  Doesn't close the door on election clause constitutional claims, and perhaps doesn't even articulate a standard, just dismisses rejecting Petitioner's claim based on Petitioner's concessions. 

Losing this case will hurt the Dems in the short term as victory would have allowed NY and CA Dems to gerrymander.  At the same time NC and OH Supreme Court just switched hands, and you should expect gerrymandered maps to be approved in both those states.  But the war to end gerrymandering will continue on a state-by-state basis.    

1 minute ago, Gaston de Foix said:

Read the transcript last night and agree with you. Odds are like 60-75% the Petitioners will lose.  

They'll get Alito and Gorsuch for sure. Thomas has a like 15% chance of concurring in the result.  I think Roberts writes for the court and holds a 6-3 or 7-2 court for a relatively narrow decision.  Doesn't close the door on election clause constitutional claims, and perhaps doesn't even articulate a standard, just dismisses rejecting Petitioner's claim based on Petitioner's concessions. 

Losing this case will hurt the Dems in the short term as victory would have allowed NY and CA Dems to gerrymander.  At the same time NC and OH Supreme Court just switched hands, and you should expect gerrymandered maps to be approved in both those states.  But the war to end gerrymandering will continue on a state-by-state basis.    

I wouldn't be at all surprised by a 7-2 narrow ruling mostly rejecting the petition, but finding that courts can't directly draw maps themselves if they overturn un-state constitutional gerrymanders. Which arguably they shouldn't be anyway, they're not experts either; better to issue instructions and hold people in contempt if they're ignored.

And I don't think the really broad stuff, like letting state legislatures change the administration of elections on their own or appointing presidential electors in violation of state law, has any shot. 

Again it shows how disconnected from the realities -- eggs are more expensive now because 1) drought, wildfires and other effects of climate change have severely affected feed, because less of it, and more expensive; 2) bird flu and other infections made necessary the killing off of hundreds of thousands of chickens, turkeys and other food poultry; 3) supply chain disruptions from catastrophic weather and other causes.  But let's blame it on Dems. How stupid most people are, including the eskies on this board!  :rofl:

17 minutes ago, Fez said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised by a 7-2 narrow ruling mostly rejecting the petition, but finding that courts can't directly draw maps themselves if they overturn un-state constitutional gerrymanders. Which arguably they shouldn't be anyway, they're not experts either; better to issue instructions and hold people in contempt if they're ignored.

And I don't think the really broad stuff, like letting state legislatures change the administration of elections on their own or appointing presidential electors in violation of state law, has any shot. 

Yeah, exactly.  Winning against the insanity of this case is no real comfort though. 

All we are doing is blunting the edges of the campaign to use the federal courts to entrench the perpetuation of power.  The right has already won what it wanted with Rucho.  The fact that gerrymandering reform has happened mostly in blue and purple states works completely to their advantage.  

38 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

No you didn’t.  I never contended or implied  100% of people who voted for Warnock did so for non-party affiliated reasons. 

I contend the majority of voters care more about a candidate’s quality and policies than the clown show theatrics of maga.

And I ask again for the third time - what citation do you use to indicate that the majority of voters care about a candidate's quality? From the above it sounds like all you believe is either you're with MAGA or you care about quality of a candidate, and that's where I disagree strongly - there is zero indication that people's allegiance to party is not the primary decider of how they vote regardless of what party they're voting for. You used the 'trend' of Walker losing as proof, but all that indicates is that at most 10% of the voters of Georgia are supporting something other than party allegiance. 

So where is this 'majority' coming from then? 

16 minutes ago, Gaston de Foix said:

Yeah, exactly.  Winning against the insanity of this case is no real comfort though. 

All we are doing is blunting the edges of the campaign to use the federal courts to entrench the perpetuation of power.  The right has already won what it wanted with Rucho.  The fact that gerrymandering reform has happened mostly in blue and purple states works completely to their advantage.  

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2022/12/supreme-court-elections-legislature-trump-north-carolina.html

We know if you mix Vodka, white rum, silver tequila, gin, tripple sec, syrup, lemon juice and cola you get a Long Island Ice Tea, about as overrated as a cocktail as Long Island as part of New York.

Now we also know the ingredients of the Florida Ice Tea (you can also call it Palm Springs Ice Tea). (185)

13 hours ago, DMC said:

koolaid laced with meth and tiger juice

:bowdown:

5 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Imagine how hard it must be for that poor girl to be bisexual, and know her father represents all the bigots in the country who hate her very existence.   

Cruz is one of those especially unforgivable Republicans. Hes smart enough to know better and understand the evil shit he sows, as opposed to many of knee jerk idiots that follow along without any critical thought.

Just a disgusting human.

7 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Sorry if i missed another post on this already, but this is a huge win for the Biden administration imo.

Brittney Griner Released By Russia To United States

Covered. A very costly win, if you want to call it that. The US traded her for V. Bout. Objectively this deal shouldn't have happened. 

3 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Covered. A very costly win, if you want to call it that. The US traded her for V. Bout. Objectively this deal shouldn't have happened. 

You guys would have traded anything to get back Pigfucker, excuse me, Schweinsteiger. :P

9 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Why's that?

Archived