UK Politics: Mone, Mone, Mone. It's not funny. It's a rich toff's world.

Spockydog

16 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Just gonna check my intersectional chart of oppression to see if calling for Clarkson to be assassinated is okay.. yup. That checks out. 

I was clearly being facetious, don't be such a gammon. 

Daily mail laying into Harry and Meghan for the disgusting act of being near, wait for it...... cards against humanity. 

Despite no evidence its theirs, and a massive misunderstanding of the game and how it's played. 

Just now, BigFatCoward said:

I was clearly being facetious, don't be such a gammon. 

Daily mail laying into Harry and Meghan for the disgusting act of owning, wait for it...... cards against humanity. 

Like if you said Markle should be dragged through the streets in a walk of shame is facetious you mean?  Like that. Hmmm ok I think I understand the rules now

2 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Like if you said Markle should be dragged through the streets in a walk of shame is facetious you mean?  Like that. Hmmm ok I think I understand the rules now

Well he has a history of bile and rancid old fat headed gammon behavior and not being facetious (it was clear from the rest of his remarks).

And i dont have a history of assassination, or my last PDR would have been very different. Nuance is very important. 

6 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

So you think Clarkson genuinely is suggesting that Markle be dragged naked into the streets. Is that your reading of what he said? You cannot see any suggestion he might be making a hyperbolic point for humours sake?

Yes, I think the racist haters in this country would like nothing more. And i think he would go along with it no problem.

He's ultimately a very scared and small little man (in spite of his size) like the majority of his ilk, he might not be front and centre, but would follow along like all the other idiots have been increasingly doing over the last few years. 

He punched someone for not getting him the right food, what do you would think he would do to someone who he genuinely hates with an irrational passion? 

Anyway I’m just pointing out the weird hypocrisy that seems to go on in these conversations. The very same people who wail and cry about nasty things being said about someone like Meghan Markle are exactly the same ones who don’t even think twice about calling for the assassination of people they don’t like. They don’t see the double standard there.

’Oh but Clarkson IS a cunt!’ You may say, ok sure, but then someone like Meghan IS  a dickhead.. so why is one allowed to be criticised in a hyperbolicly nasty one but you absolutely cannot do it for another.

Again it’s because of the mythical Intersectional Chart of Oppression. Except of course that chart has a section at the bottom for people you don’t like, an allowed list. So calling people cunts is totally ok if they are for instance Tories, because those people are not ‘real’ minorities. I see.

In case you are wondering, I don’t care, totally happy to call Tories any name under the sun, I also think Clarkson is a Gammony cock. But then I don’t have any issue with saying bad things about someone like Markle, I don’t see any reason why she should be shielded from critique because she chooses to use her race or sex as a defence, when others cannot.

Lets all just all be a bit more sensible and don’t be so hypocritical 

I wouldn't personally make a comment like BFC just did. But there is a subtle difference between a random person saying something on the internet and a public figure broadcasting it to their millions of viewers/readers/followers.

Though you should definitely feel free to unplatform/cancel/ignore BFC if you wish.

So according to assorted misogynists, Clarkson’s comments were fine because they’re based on a scene from GoT. 
I assume it’s now fine to tell people you fantasise about smashing someone’s head in while telling then you’ve murdered their sister and her children? 
Or fantasise about tying a woman to a bed and shooting her full of crossbow bolts?

Or if we return to the books, it’s now cool to talk about wanting to rape female barstaff?

Jesus…

19 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

So according to assorted misogynists, Clarkson’s comments were fine because they’re based on a scene from GoT. 

Maybe they can tell he’s not being literal. Maybe they aren’t totally stupid?

Though you could do a thought experiment, if Clarkson ( or anyone else ) had said Priti Patel should have her head shaved and be made to do the walk of shame like in GoT, would you all be registering your outrage or would you be laughing along and cheering it?

I know the answer to that one.

Patel should have been sacked multiple times, and should possibly be in jail for corruption. But I certainly would not be cheering any such suggestion as you mention, and would consider it in bad taste at the very least. Nor have I ever noticed such a suggestion being made. Of course I may well move in sheltered circles (and probably do). However I am well aware of the attacks on, for example, Megan Markle which, as per my previous post, may well be something do do with some of them having been of the front page of popular newspapers.

58 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Maybe they can tell he’s not being literal. Maybe they aren’t totally stupid?

Though you could do a thought experiment, if Clarkson ( or anyone else ) had said Priti Patel should have her head shaved and be made to do the walk of shame like in GoT, would you all be registering your outrage or would you be laughing along and cheering it?

I know the answer to that one.

So your answer to a right-wijg misogynist informing the nation of his sick degrading fantasy, claining that everyone his age shares this fantasy (which includes you as you expressed your sympathy towards these sick comments in this very thread), and has in the days that followed failed to address his remarks or clarify that he’s not being literal is to…

… invent a misogynist comment that exists only in your head and claim the left-leaning boarders in this thread would applaud it.

Okay…

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

Of course we'd be registering outrage.
So far though, you haven't even found anyone willing to cheer BFC's comment (to a tiny audience who know his humour) - which was way more obviously in jest

Just now, Which Tyler said:

Of course we'd be registering outrage.
So far though, you haven't even found anyone willing to cheer BFC's comment (to a tiny audience who know his humour) - which was way more obviously in jest

You didn’t see Raja’s comment about how hilarious he found it then. 

24 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

You didn’t see Raja’s comment about how hilarious he found it then. 

Everyone knows that the Gammons aren't great on detail.

So, for clarity, Raja was laughing at BFC's joke about assassinating Clarkson.

Nothing to do with Priti Patel. It was you who dragged that odious cunt into this discussion.

So we can get the thread back on track I've removed 'assassination' from my post as some people don't have a sense of humour, and really dont like mean things being said about racist, misogynistic fucking scumbags.

Protect the racist, misogynistic  scumbags at all costs, that's what i say.  

4 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

So we can get the thread back on track I've removed 'assassination' from my post as some people don't have a sense of humour, and really dont like mean things being said about racist, misogynistic fucking scumbags.

Protect the racist, misogynistic  scumbags at all costs, that's what i say.  

Come on. 

You said something in jest, I didn't care that you did it, because I can see when something is not meant to be taken seriously. That is the difference. Its the weird double standards you lot have that is the point I'm making here.

7 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Come on. 

You said something in jest, I didn't care that you did it, because I can see when something is not meant to be taken seriously. That is the difference. Its the weird double standards you lot have that is the point I'm making here.

You've completely ignored the comment about the difference between random person on a relatively small forum compared to well known public figure publishing in a national newspaper

Archived