UK Politics: Mone, Mone, Mone. It's not funny. It's a rich toff's world.

Spockydog

4 minutes ago, williamjm said:

I also saw a quote that Rishi Sunak has asked the public to judge him on results, which seems like a risky strategy for a Tory PM.

Well, he has defined the parameters on which to judge him rather generously. Basically, if I don't do the same drugs as Liz Truss and make a total mess out of it, you should my time as PM a success.

Congratulations, Brits, your future King is a fighter: Prince Harry details physical attack by brother William in new book | Books | The Guardian

In his highly anticipated autobiography, Spare, Prince Harry recounts what he says was a physical attack by his brother, William, now Prince of Wales, as their relationship fell apart over the younger prince’s marriage to the actor Meghan Markle.

Describing a confrontation at his London home in 2019, Harry says William called Meghan “difficult”, “rude” and “abrasive”, which Harry calls a “parrot[ing of] the press narrative” about his American wife.

The confrontation escalated, Harry writes, until William “grabbed me by the collar, ripping my necklace, and … knocked me to the floor”.

Some of Harry's actions now make a lot more sense.

6 hours ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Congratulations, Brits, your future King is a fighter: Prince Harry details physical attack by brother William in new book | Books | The Guardian

Some of Harry's actions now make a lot more sense.

Not buying it, the feisty little ginger definitely batters the baldy inbred. 

Much as I hate to agree with HoI this seems very nothing-y. Yeah monarchy bad and all that but this is just basic family drama and I give equal amounts of not caring to Harry and his attention seeking/shit-stirring as I do the rest of his family. For someone who claims to hate the press he spends an awful lot of energy making sure he's still getting headlines. 

58 minutes ago, Poobah said:

For someone who claims to hate the press he spends an awful lot of energy making sure he's still getting headlines. 

I agree with the rest of your post, but I think  someone in his position (the couple being permanently attacked by them) might feel the need to control the narrative. Whether that's a good idea is debatable.

1 minute ago, kiko said:

I agree with the rest of your post, but I think  someone in his position (the couple being permanently attacked by them) might feel the need to control the narrative. Whether that's a good idea is debatable.

If they had decided to just fade into obscurity and silently wander off away from the public eye then they probably would find that they press would naturally just forget about them.  

However being high profile celebrities is clearly part of their plan and desire, well for at least one of them. So controlling their public image becomes all the more vital to them, and if any of this highlights anything it’s that they care very much about what people are saying about them.

8 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

well for at least one of them

It's Meghan, right? Tell me it's the lady who's job it is to be seen by people who tries to be seen by people, but not in a negative light. It must be Meghan.

4 minutes ago, kiko said:

It's Meghan, right? Tell me it's the lady who's job it is to be seen by people who tries to be seen by people, but not in a negative light. It must be Meghan.

Wrong. I was referring to their fluffy Pomeranian puppy Misty. Shows what you know. 

42 minutes ago, kiko said:

Its definitly not a good idea. I really had not opinion about the british royals but there was no way to evade the  ads to the Netflix production and the headlines today.  My deep conmiseration  and sympathy to William and his father for this shameless relative with all  his self importance and greed.

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

If they had decided to just fade into obscurity and silently wander off away from the public eye then they probably would find that they press would naturally just forget about them.  

I’m somewhat sceptical of this, given the circumstances of their departure.

1 hour ago, JoannaL said:

My deep conmiseration  and sympathy to William and his father for this shameless relative with all  his self importance and greed.

William's father insists upon a multi-million pound coronation for himself with all the pomp and circumstance, despite the economic circumstances. I would suggest that self importance and greed are not unusual characteristics in William's family. 

This is the briefing, not the legislation, but it sounds appalling. You can't have this type of no-strike arrangement unless it's accompanied by independent pay reviews that employers are required to abide by. Otherwise, it's unequal and unethical.

Archived