Football: Kane is coming home

AncalagonTheBlack

1 minute ago, Denvek said:

I believe that was called the European Super League.

That was the first attempt and, as most first attempts, it was poorly planned and executed even worse.

It's very likely that the next attempt would not be as bad.

News coming in that Sinisa Mihajlovic has passed away. He's won European Cup with Crvena Zvezda and Cup Winners' Cup with Lazio, as well as a bunch of trophies in Italy playing for Lazio and Inter. He played for Sampdoria as well, don't know if he's won anything with them. He also played in '98 World Cup and 2000 Euros. For a while he was the record holder for most free kick goals scored in Serie A, but someone has probably overtaken him by now. He was also assistant coach to Mancini at Inter, and he coached several Serie A teams as well as Serbian national team.

He's been battling leucemia for a couple of years now so this is not that unexpected, but still...

Yeah, that 3rd game play-off game.

Utterly useless, but usually one of the more fun games to watch, because it is so utterly useless and nobody is really mad at losing it. So no pressure, nothing on the line. It's arguably even less pressure than in a friendly, when players want to make a good impression for the next big tournament. 

2 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

As I recall Belgium-England was a pretty good game 4 years ago, and 8 years ago The Netherlands twisted the knife in Brazil's wound with a 3-0 victory.

Germany-Uruguay in 2010 was also much more exciting than the final.

But Croatia-Morocco in the group stage was a 0-0 and I'm not holding out hope for the rematch to be any better.

4 hours ago, baxus said:

News coming in that Sinisa Mihajlovic has passed away. He's won European Cup with Crvena Zvezda and Cup Winners' Cup with Lazio, as well as a bunch of trophies in Italy playing for Lazio and Inter. He played for Sampdoria as well, don't know if he's won anything with them. He also played in '98 World Cup and 2000 Euros. For a while he was the record holder for most free kick goals scored in Serie A, but someone has probably overtaken him by now. He was also assistant coach to Mancini at Inter, and he coached several Serie A teams as well as Serbian national team.

He's been battling leucemia for a couple of years now so this is not that unexpected, but still...

One of the best free kick takers I've ever seen. He scored three free kicks in a game once. No distance was impossible for him to score from, he scored absolutely crazy goals.

6 hours ago, baxus said:

I could look it up, but who the fuck are cerveza zelda? 

7 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I could look it up, but who the fuck are cerveza zelda? 

Must be Red Star Belgrade. I remember watching them dismantle Bayern on their way to the Champions Cup. Robert Prosinecki was the player I remember most from those games, tho.

Another sorta unfulfilled promise, but that was down to injuries.

Archived