Football: Kane is coming home

AncalagonTheBlack

2 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

No. Not at all.

But how we view that type of person says a lot about ourselves.

I guess I don't see much of a difference between an athlete or an actor being a diva, man or woman, and kind of understand why that is common. You mentioned Federer. They don't make many like him, an absolute all-timer among all-timers in sports who is, for a lack of a better term, warm to those around him and seems to be very happy. These elite robots tend to come across as miserable despite the glory, wealth and fame. I'm happy my guy Rafa seems to be at peace with the end being a step away and grateful for him giving me one more season of supreme joy, and that you could tell he was enjoying it every bit as much instead of being afraid to lose. 

I always joke that the most overrepresented group of people are sociopaths on corporate boardrooms. Next up as the highest level of sports. You can't expect to find many Federers in those environments. 

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I guess I don't see much of a difference between an athlete or an actor being a diva, man or woman, and kind of understand why that is common. 

Aye. They're all assholes. And should be viewed as such. 

Archived