Football: Kane is coming home

AncalagonTheBlack

Emi is a beast in a shootout. He makes the opposition penalty takers piss themselves. Argentina were clear favourites once it went to penalties.

Argentina were clearly the better side while Mbappé, practically man alone, kept France in it.

The GOAT debate should be settled now (nah! Who am I kidding.)

Also, Mbappé>Haaland.

2 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

The best soccer game I've ever seen. 

While these things should be viewed in context, it wasn’t even close to that for me. 

Having said that, it was easily the best WC final I've ever seen. 

11 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Can we all just take a minute to appreciate how lovely the trophy is. Just a small, beautiful thing, rather than an oversized monstrosity as tends to be the way with most modern trophies.

I like this one way better than the original, too. 

Messi absolutely deserved this, and I don't begrudge him winning the WC at the end of his career. But I hate that dickheads like Otamendi also get to call themselves WC winners, too.

Probably the only sadness in Argentina right now is that Maradona didn't live to see this.

I would also agree that out of the last 4-5 champions, this Argentina is probably the worst. They managed to be just good enough.

I see Mbappe has won the golden boot, but Martinez winning the golden glove is hilarious. Yes, he's been a good penalty saver in the shootouts, but his in-game save ratio was quite bad. How do they judge these things?

1 minute ago, Corvinus85 said:

Probably the only sadness in Argentina right now is that Maradona didn't live to see this.

He's got his face in a Scarface style mound of coke in the sky, his hand ever so slightly tipping the scales for the land in which he is a God.

25 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

I can say, with 100% honesty, that that final isn't in the top 1,000 football games I've ever seen.

:(

I'm calling horseshit on this. Assuming that a 3-3 drawer is conservatively in the top 20% of all games played, no way youve watched 5000 games of football. That's 166 a year for 30 years. 

5 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I'm calling horseshit on this. Assuming that a 3-3 drawer is conservatively in the top 20% of all games played, no way youve watched 5000 games of football. That's 166 a year for 30 years. 

Yeah, you're missing the very obvious solution to this puzzle. 

3 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I assumed he didn't get a chance to see the game. :)

11 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

I see Mbappe has won the golden boot, but Martinez winning the golden glove is hilarious. 

They never gave the awards at the tournament before.  Kind of assumes the players are going to be in the final, which you can be queried.

Archived