How will the Stark kids react to Daenerys ?

What do you think will be the actual reactions of Ned Stark's surviving children when they'll hear about Daenerys Targaryen actually coming to Westeros and when they'll meet her in person ? 

What will be Jon, Sansa, Arya, Bran and Rickon's respective reactions and thoughts on this strange queen and her dragons ?

Aside from Jon, if he does have a romance with her similar to the show, whose Stark do you think will have the best impression and most friendly relation with her ? Who will be the most distrustful and hostile toward her ?

16 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

I don't think Daenerys should just show up and then Jon automatically falls for her like some lovestruck fool, that is not in his character and would be bad writing in my view.

Definitely. I think either Dany or Jon will die at the end of the Battle for the Dawn, or they’ll both survive and get into a political marriage without love IMO. Like I think Jon will have Val as his mistress or she to will die at some point and he’ll never love again type thing.

From @mormont

We understand that developments in the TV show may or may not turn out to be relevant to the plot of future books. Accordingly, they may or may not be spoilers for future books. Our policy on this is precautionary and is an extension of our existing policy on show/book discussion. Discussion of the show should go in the show forums: this includes discussion of plot points from the series, and whether they tell us anything about the future direction of the books.

4 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

The only proper reaction from the Starks is to show respect and an appropriate level of deference. She is the rightful ruler over them.

I don’t expect that, given the pugnacious nature of Ned’s children. 

Hush up troll. The blood of the tyrant will be sniffed out

22 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

The only proper reaction from the Starks is to show respect and an appropriate level of deference. She is the rightful ruler over them.

She is only the rightful ruler over them if they say she is. Given how daddy dearest treated the Starks it is for Daenerys to make amends and show them some respect for a change. She needs to earn the respect the Starks show her. Treating them like they should start bowing as soon as she shows up would be stupid.

I think Rickon will take to her (it's hard to be disliked by a preschooler)

I think Arya will love her. She'd really look up to Dany. That said, Arya is also just as likely to be very jealous of Dany.

Bran and Sansa (particularly Sansa) would find her terrifying. Barring some sort of crazy incident, the two of them will warm up to her.

Jon is probably going to find her very attractive. Not that he'll fall in love with her but that he'll like her and want her on his side.

1 hour ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

I guess if you gloss over the fact that the Targs Roasted and murdered their Grandfather and uncle, which then kicked of a rebellion to oust said rightful ruler... Show respect LOL

1 hour ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

The vile inbred dragonspawn will be rightfully repudiated by the valorous Stark line. Hopefully the tyrant loses her dragons so that she can rightfully be gutted and killed.

Jon will be weary.

Sansa will not like her and consider the political ramifications of her return.

Arya will try and kill her if she wrongs the Starks.

Bran will already know about her, and be indifferent. Unless he senses that she is important and is PRO Dany - which would make sense actually.

Rickon will like her.

Who knows how she'll even arrive? Rhaegal and Viserion might very well have gone with Plumm and Greyjoy by the time she gets back to Mereen and if they've been wreaking any terror in Westeros no one's going to have a lot of time for her when she shows up and proclaims herself the rightful queen of the 7 Kingdoms and mother of dragons to boot.  Maybe the Starks will rescue her from a population sick of dragon fire after Aegon rightfully condemns her for her carelessness in unleashing this terror on his people. Jon and Bran will see her side of the story and try to protect her. Sansa will be concerned with how best to use her and her remaining dragon (if she still has Drogon) and Arya will just kill her and be done with it.

21 minutes ago, SeanF said:

It will be hard.  The Starks and Targaryens have wronged each other, but there was no history of bad blood between the families.

The Starks haven't wronged the Targaryens tho.

If the rebel coalition wasn't so decimated, it would have been funny to see how she'd react to Renly or Robb. Alas.

Archived