US politics: When DeSantis go marching in

IheartIheartTesla

9 minutes ago, Zorral said:

I think it was more like they didn't give a fcuk, as they haven't about so much when it comes to elections.

Yeah I strongly suspect Suozzi was just too complacent to pay for oppo.  I suppose that's somewhat understandable considering it was a favorable cycle and he was an incumbent that won comfortably in 2018, but Zimmerman definitely shouldn't have been.

11 minutes ago, DMC said:

Yeah I strongly suspect Suozzi was just too complacent to pay for oppo.  

Doesn't this seem like something an intrepid intern could've dug up. No reporters covered that race?

None of dude's backstory led anywhere. It's an incredible story. Santos life is about to hit the pavement.

There's going to be way more to this, for sure.    

4 minutes ago, JGP said:

Doesn't this seem like something an intrepid intern could've dug up. No reporters covered that race?

Well, simply checking his school records, sure.  Some of the other stuff though you're probably gonna have to pay for a professional.

@JGP not on thread topic, but still, you know 13 and doing cosmetics is so normal for a lot of teenagers, I'm sure.  Hours of fun with your friends too.  But ya, I get it is a shock.  :cheers:  Yet, inevitable.  :thumbsup:

42 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

If he's Fredo, what does that make Eric?

This sort of implies that the Donald is Vito , which is simply ridiculous. He is closer to Dom Deluise in that Rodney Dangerfield Godfather parody. This would mean that Eric is Kevin McDonald (aka Pastor Dave from Kids in the Hall) who Dom must send to Mafia University because he is such an idiot.

19 minutes ago, Lord of Oop North said:

This sort of implies that the Donald is Vito , which is simply ridiculous. He is closer to Dom Deluise in that Rodney Dangerfield Godfather parody. This would mean that Eric is Kevin McDonald (aka Pastor Dave from Kids in the Hall) who Dom must send to Mafia University because he is such an idiot.

Not sure I've seen this one. What's it actually called?

1 hour ago, Lord of Oop North said:

Maybe we were right all along - Junior is just too stupid to be involved in something this stupid 

Jr is too busy getting coked up to the max and putting loud and incoherent videos and the web and making a fool of himself.   Vanky has money to spend and grift and Eric is stuck in a corner somewhere.   That's my guess.

Yeah other than encouraging it and, ya know, getting wasted at the rally, I don't really think there's a criminal case irt Trump's kids and planning/inciting the insurrection.  At least the scheme the referalls are addressing with Eastman and Jeffrey Clark (along with Rudy and Meadows).

It should also be noted that the referalls don't mean anything other than putting more public pressure on the DOJ.  Plus, as the committee themselves conceded, the DOJ is already investigating these matters.

59 minutes ago, Zorral said:

The kids and Jared, if they face anything, it will be concerned with the cases NY is bringing against the 'biz' Trump organizations for tax evasion and other financial frauds and malfeasances.

I have faith they'll get theirs when they're in a position to weaponize dinosaurs for the military.

20 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I have faith they'll get theirs when they're in a position to weaponize dinosaurs for the military.

Don't tell anybody I told you, but I have it on good authority that the future of war is genetically-engineered earthworms. 

I can't say more here. This line is probably bugged...

Oh no! It wasn't bugged, it was wormed! 

3 minutes ago, Fire and Jace said:

Don't tell anybody I told you, but I have it on good authority that the future of war is genetically-engineered earthworms. 

How could you be so wrong?

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

I was going to give this a shot tonight, but after watching the trailer I have to wonder if this is one of the worst movies ever made. 

For some reason I still remember watching it with my dad and I think maybe my sister too when I was a teenager.  I do not recommend it, no.

5 minutes ago, Fire and Jace said:

Fire and Jace -- yes; but mechanized. Once the USG dominates near earth orbit and beyond (and it will), our competitors will have to dig deep.

DARPA took the lead on this, but not sure its status. Worst case, partially developed and shelved, until needed.

:)

Archived