US politics: When DeSantis go marching in

IheartIheartTesla

Ya want to learn how completely failed is the New York Democrat party?  They did not a bit of oppo on him, and he's why the reichlicans (of which he is one -- totally embedded in their base) have that slim majority now in the House.

Who Is Rep.-Elect George Santos? His Résumé May Be Largely Fiction.
Mr. Santos, a Republican from New York, says he’s the “embodiment of the American dream.” But he seems to have misrepresented a number of his career highlights.
(That's putting it mildly -- he's an outright criminal, deadbeat and grifter.)

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/19/nyregion/george-santos-ny-republicans.html

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

Ya want to learn how completely failed is the New York Democrat party?  They did not a bit of oppo on him, and he's why the reichlicans (of which he is one -- totally embedded in their base) have that slim majority now in the House.

Who Is Rep.-Elect George Santos? His Résumé May Be Largely Fiction.
Mr. Santos, a Republican from New York, says he’s the “embodiment of the American dream.” But he seems to have misrepresented a number of his career highlights.
(That's putting it mildly -- he's an outright criminal, deadbeat and grifter.)

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/19/nyregion/george-santos-ny-republicans.html

It's obviously disgraceful that he got elected, but this makes it likely he will defeated in 2024.  Also, this is what MAGA has been for a while.  It's very on-brand from them.  

3 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Good grief -- that's not the point of the exposé, which is to expose how utterly the Dem party has failed in our state, which allows the reichlicans to hold power.  

Not arguing otherwise, but it does look like some of this was known to the party: https://twitter.com/JacobRubashkin/status/1604853171448422401/photo/

There's a debate now about whether he was actually there on Jan 6, or just lied about that too.  

But not a word about this in the NYT, etc.  Certainly not from the election campaigns -- of which there was very very very little going on by the Dems at all, with the exception of a very few such as AOC.  Hochul refused to campaign at all.

So why now, NYT, are you telling voters this?  Where were you all this last year of repeated primaries and elections that in themselves made no sense either, and again because the Dems screwed the pooch with redistricting.

From Post via Kyle Chaney:  

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23466415-introductory-material-to-the-final-report-of-the-select-committee

the referals for the four Congress members begins on page 87.  They are, this quote from page 90:

For these reasons, the Select Committee refers Leader McCarthy and Representatives Jordan, Perry, and Biggs for sanction by the House Ethics Committee for failure to comply with subpoenas. The Committee also believes that each of these individuals, along with other Members who attended the December 21st planning meeting with President Trump at the White House,682 should be questioned in a public forum about their advance knowledge of and role in President Trump’s plan to prevent the peaceful transition of power.

1 hour ago, LongRider said:

... The Committee also believes that each of these individuals, along with other Members who attended the December 21st planning meeting with President Trump at the White House,682 should be questioned in a public forum about their advance knowledge of and role in President Trump’s plan to prevent the peaceful transition of power.

Partner just read over my shoulder: "EF YEAH!!!!!!!!"

Not that I have real hopes this will, you know, like happen.  Thanks to the NY Dem party.

Why yes, @JGP  I posted about Santos here, this morning!  The Dems, the Dems, the Dems of NY are deplorables to say the least.

6 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Why yes, @JGP  I posted about Santos here, this morning!  The Dems, the Dems, the Dems of NY are deplorables to say the least.

I was enjoying a coffee while my girls are out hanging with friends. My 13yo put on make up earlier before I dropped her at the gym... and I am still absolutely mystified by life right now. 

Sorry I missed it earlier lol

5 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Yes.  How did the New York or National Democratic Party miss this?

I don't even want to attempt the warren. There's no credible explanation. None. 

24 minutes ago, DMC said:

the Dems actually missed this twice in a row.

I think it was more like they didn't give a fcuk, as they haven't about so much when it comes to elections.  They were all over redistricting and changing the election rule and lordessa knows what else.  They didn't even notice Adams was a 100% jerkwaddie financial bro reichlican.  Schumer & Co, were focused on the Committee work, AOC on Puerto Rico -- though she did her job for campaigning and meeting with her voters, which few other Dems bothered to do either. Certainly not Hochul who only cared about getting elected, since Cuomo was forced out and she took his place, not voted in.  Her strange strategy for this was to say, and do -- nothing.

@JGP -- I hope your daughter has nice make-up!  But more seriously, and more sympathetically, with all this going on, which seems to have sneaked up on you, it's entirely understandable it's hard to keep up with politics as they happen.  Keeping up with teenagers is even less possible!

JGP

JGP

Archived