US politics: When DeSantis go marching in

IheartIheartTesla

2 hours ago, Zorral said:

I cannot believe that grift sold out!  Moreover, as people tracked all the elements of manufacture and payment, it's another one of those grifts that keep on grifting in an endless loop.

Seeing comments online that the NFT's (No Fucking Thing) are a money laundering scheme.   Sounds right.

6 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Seeing comments online that the NFT's (No Fucking Thing) are a money laundering scheme.   Sounds right.

Certainly exploitable from a buy sell perspective. I'm glad it tanked. 

Currently, myself, very unchuffed where AI is at in the creative world.

2 hours ago, Mr. X said:

I am equal parts impressed and disappointed that you didn't work a Florida joke into this.

I tried, but much like the US it was silly enough without Florida... (172).

Talking about Florida... (you asked for it, so don't complain)

I know I have refered to Florida as American Atlantis in the past, a god forsaken place that will get drowned in the sea, due to climate change (much like Platon's version hubris leading to the man made end of this place, alas there the Gods did it themselves, hey you never know...). (171)

But that is obviously not true. IT'S NOT TRUE! The mythical Atlantis of Platon was home to an advanced civilization, a place of marvel. Florida on the other hand is the home to Disney World (170).

4 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

I know I have refered to Florida as American Atlantis in the past, a god forsaken place that will get drowned in the sea

Apparently you need a Futurama refresher:

16 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Crypto is an allowed payment for this scam.

Sure, but NFTs are basically the equivalent of taping a banana to a wall, calling it art and charging a shit ton of money for it (and getting it to boot). It's one of the laziest scams imaginable. 

What did I say? What did I say!  Ha!:rolleyes:

'The Boys' Had the Best Response to Donald Trump’s Ridiculous NFT Scheme | The Mary Sue

.... There are many terrible images to choose from among these cursed NFTs. In one, Trump plays dress-up as a sheriff. There’s another where he rides an elephant just like a big boy. But the image that keeps showing up is one in which Trump is supposed to look like a hyper-masculine superhero—you know, very realistic art. The superhero getup looks pretty similar to one worn by Homelander on Amazon’s The Boys, even down to the American flag cape. There’s another in which Trump is shooting red lasers out of his eyes, just like Homelander’s superpower. In perfect The Boys fashion, they made their own “major announcement.” ....

3 hours ago, Zorral said:

I cannot believe that grift sold out!  Moreover, as people tracked all the elements of manufacture and payment, it's another one of those grifts that keep on grifting in an endless loop.

I think he used this stupid thing to transfer money from the political donations he collected into his own pocket. Probably quicker than hosting a political event in his tacky golf club and overpay himself on rent and catering. Those things will now be used a Christmas gifts for donors or something. 

House Dems poised to release Trump’s tax secrets
The move could pile on to the controversies surrounding the former president.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/12/16/house-democrats-trump-taxes-00074171

But there is a way around those rules: Neal’s committee could vote privately to make them public, and that’s what the Massachusetts Democrat wants his colleagues to consider in a closed-door meeting now set for Tuesday at 3 p.m.

Democrats intend to release specifics from the returns, though what exactly will be unveiled is unclear. They could release Trump’s entire returns or perhaps something more limited, such as a summary.

47 minutes ago, TrueMetis said:

Art is a huge area for money laundering, so it can be both.

Sorry, but in which reality do those poorly done photoshop sessions qualify as art. I know everybody is a critic and stuff, but that's not art. Maybe it is in Florida but not in any civilized place. (169).

He made over $400 million on these things? He's gathered a loyal following of utter fools, and they have been departed from their money in such easy fashion. It probably helped Trump that the universal reaction from anyone to the left of Mitt Romney was derision and laughter. The MAGAsts would have wanted to own the libs by ensuring the trading cards were a great success.

1 minute ago, The Anti-Targ said:

He made over $400 million on these things? He's gathered a loyal following of utter fools, and they have been departed from their money in such easy fashion. It probably helped Trump that the universal reaction from anyone to the left of Mitt Romney was derision and laughter. The MAGAsts would have wanted to own the libs by ensuring the trading cards were a great success.

I’ve heard it argued that his shenanigans thus far seems more like pre-2016 trump’s presidential campaigns.

Where he’s less interested in becoming president than he is grifting along. Part of the reason why he’s refused to go back on Twitter as that would collapse truth social.

Trump refused to go back on Twitter for a number of reasons, but one is that there's a complicated deal involving taking it public through a special acquisition company that relies on Trump agreeing to post exclusively on the platform (which is the sole thing that gives it even the illusion of market value). That deal is now in trouble, but I think Trump would still want some grovelling from Musk before he went back on Twitter.

Side note, if you still want to track Musk's jet you can actually do so on Truth Social: ElonJet has an account there, which Truth Social is happy to promote.

Anyway, would not be shocked to find the NFTs largely sold to shady acquisition vehicles as well.

Archived