Twitterly dee dee dum dum ...

Zorral

34 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Well, he also has exceptions for that rule: If it's relevant to a current discussion or something (you know, like smearing queer or trans folk as groomers or the like), then doxxing is a-ok. Libs of Tiktok is not banned.

Yeah, the double standards are on purpose. Musk is a right-wing chud and is outing himself. The simplest explanation.

The entire American right-wing of today has decided to push hate speech as free speech. But this is a new development. The conservatives from the past liked to pretend that racism was a defeated thing of the past in the U.S. So anyone talking about racism in America was an idiot and paranoid.

The belief of conservatives in 2022 is that racism is a thing of the past....but we badly need people to be able to drop racial epithets on social media. Which obviously there is a big inconsistency there. And it's not confusion either. They're assholes and want to spread racism. They find it amusing or useful. And Musk is one of them or is proud to be seen as one of them.

At the rate this is going, the EU is just going to take all of Twitter's revenue as fines. Government bureaucracies rarely move on the time scales of a couple of months, but they'll surely get around to it on the order of a year -- and this is so blatant that they might do it sooner.

Twitter also appears to be not paying at least one vendor with a long-term contract:

A lawsuit says Twitter failed to pay a $1,092,000 invoice in a software contract that doesn't expire until late 2024, and that the Elon Musk-led company apparently intends to stiff the vendor on another $7 million worth of payments.

Imply Data, Inc. sued Twitter in California Superior Court in San Francisco County, alleging breach of contract.

It's not clear what exactly the plan there is either -- again, it will take time, but eventually the courts will stomp on this hard.

10 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Plan? You think there was a plan?!?

:lmao:

At this point there's basically zero difference between Elon and Elizabeth Holmes except he isn't heading to jail. Yet. 

Tesla stock continuing its dive, and he just divested another 3.8ish bil chunk the other day, iirc. Hopefully that money is being tracked. He'll screw up big enough eventually. Can't help himself.

39 minutes ago, JGP said:

Tesla stock continuing its dive, and he just divested another 3.8ish bil chunk the other day, iirc. Hopefully that money is being tracked. He'll screw up big enough eventually. Can't help himself.

Difference is he's got a lot more money, power and influence to protect him. It's kind of amazing though how far he's fallen from a social perspective. Getting booed like that at the Chappelle show was stunning.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Difference is he's got a lot more money, power and influence to protect him. It's kind of amazing though how far he's fallen from a social perspective. Getting booed like that at the Chappelle show was stunning.

Maybe. Space Karen is proving to be a bit of a US liability. Weirdo is probably using burners lol 

10 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Problem is, the people losing out if he runs Tesla into the ground have a lot of money too. A Twitter bankruptcy will probably be quite bad already. Larry Ellison, Saudi Arabia, and some big banks stand to lose  money there. Musk probably could reimburse them with money from selling more Tesla stock. Actually,  wonder if that isn't already happening. But if Tesla tanks he is in real trouble. And let's not forget that the company's relative success so far was all based on faith in Musk, which he has just destroyed.

2 hours ago, Loge said:

Problem is, the people losing out if he runs Tesla into the ground have a lot of money too. A Twitter bankruptcy will probably be quite bad already. Larry Ellison, Saudi Arabia, and some big banks stand to lose  money there. Musk probably could reimburse them with money from selling more Tesla stock. Actually,  wonder if that isn't already happening. But if Tesla tanks he is in real trouble. And let's not forget that the company's relative success so far was all based on faith in Musk, which he has just destroyed.

Tesla and its stock value has always been a mirage. I've never really understood how it spiked so much. It was due for a correction anyways and Elon might have made that significantly worse than it ever needed to be. Idk how these stages work, but at some point Tesla might not want to have anything to do with the creator and just buy him out to be rid of him.

Also, the cars are not that special and take forever to get. I'd rather spend a lot less on a newish hybrid Honda Accord that will be more fun to drive.

14 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Tesla and its stock value has always been a mirage. I've never really understood how it spiked so much. It was due for a correction anyways and Elon might have made that significantly worse than it ever needed to be. Idk how these stages work, but at some point Tesla might not want to have anything to do with the creator and just buy him out to be rid of him.

Also, the cars are not that special and take forever to get. I'd rather spend a lot less on a newish hybrid Honda Accord that will be more fun to drive.

Tesla's founders were pushed out in 2008 by the rainmaker that joined a year after its founding.

5 minutes ago, Week said:

Tesla's founders were pushed out in 2008 by the rainmaker that joined a year after its founding.

Thank you for posting this. It astonishes me how many people don't know that Elon's main contributions at Paypal, Tesla, SpaceX, etc. was just bringing in massive amounts of money and wanting to name the company or whatever product they're offering "X". Until maybe 4ish years ago I didn't know any better either, but the more Elon moved into the spotlight the more the truth beyond the PR facade has been exposed.

3 hours ago, Spockydog said:

He'll be on the lam like McAfee within a couple of years. 

I knew the man that McAfee murdered in Belize.  He owned a bar - or rather his wife put up the money for him to run a bar - on the UCF campus that I frequented at the time.  I was never a fan of his, but I was pretty close to his wife.  Anyway, even Musk is not comparable to that insane story.

Archived